Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Is the skill bar configurable, or do you have to use number keys for skills?

I looked under controls and my only options are "general", and if it is done through the hot bar itself, then I must be dumb.

Edit: Still not sure if you are able to set custom keybinds for skills. I don't like using 1-9,0 for my skills. Maybe it can be done through editing game files?

Last edited by Ailurophile; 11/07/14 12:25 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Edit: Confused for a bit on this one, but good now. Portraits work okay.

Last edited by Ailurophile; 11/07/14 08:29 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Anyone?

rip

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Another issue, is there a reason chat windows reset position after you move them?

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah same here mate. I'd also like to see:
- an extra hotbar or two (position & keys fully customisable)
- more configurable hotkeys (e.g. zoom in/out as laptop touchpad zooms don't work & page up/down is *very* slow)
- hotkey to switch characters when inventory open (same as left/right arrows at top) - sry if this already exists I'm a complete newb wink
- better laptop support in general, given how the game was touted as very low-end pc & laptop friendly
- better video scaling options for Intel HD4000 (I have a top end HP Elitebook I7 2.6GHz with 16GB fast DDR3, SSD, & the game still runs like a 3-legged dog! have tweaked like crazy but have to leave shadows, AA & most other effects off in medium rez to get anywhere near acceptable fps)
- as a flow-on, the game *really* needs to be optimised for faster loading as a top priority - it can still take a full minute or longer for me to quickload a savegame with that rig - completely unacceptable in this day & age Larian! (& some of us die & load games a LOT!:)

Last edited by Nostromo; 12/07/14 12:19 AM.

I mostly come at night...mostly.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I was also thinking a universal scroll bar that pools all the scrolls from your party members for use during battle would be helpful.

In general the skill/potion/scroll bar could use some love.

apprentice
apprentice
I also find playing on a laptop without a mouse (using the touchpad) to be a pain. Quite often during combat you can click the mouse with a light touch & your char moves when all you wanted to do was scroll around & look at mobs/mouse over stuff. Would be good to have some sort of diff option...perhaps can make right-click move instead? Sorry if that's already in the options, eh.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In general it seems a bit strange that not all keys a configurable. 1-9 for skills in one example. Another example F1-F4 for selecting characters.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
Another issue, is there a reason chat windows reset position after you move them?

Anyone else on this one?

I don't even use the chat. The combat log default size and position is so awkward.

T
T
Originally Posted by Nostromo
I also find playing on a laptop without a mouse (using the touchpad) to be a pain. Quite often during combat you can click the mouse with a light touch & your char moves when all you wanted to do was scroll around & look at mobs/mouse over stuff. Would be good to have some sort of diff option...perhaps can make right-click move instead? Sorry if that's already in the options, eh.

If you can't stop yourself from tapping your touchpad's quick click I suggest you simply disable it. Accidentally doing it will be annoying with absolutely everything ever and not just this game.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tyhan
Originally Posted by Nostromo

If you can't stop yourself from tapping your touchpad's quick click I suggest you simply disable it. Accidentally doing it will be annoying with absolutely everything ever and not just this game.

It's ok & manageable with almost every other app/game in windows, just this one is so laggy...although I've now tweaked a number of graphics settings to make it perform a bit better, so the quick-click isn't so bad. Thanks for the suggestion & simple solution in any case (why didn't I think of that? wink. Will give it a try if it gets to be too much of a pain again.

Link Copied to Clipboard