Print Thread
#519068 14/07/14 03:38 PM
S
Salumba Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I have the steam version and german localization of the game, but I could never watch the intro in game found in the Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Localization\German\Video folder except for the logo and the telescope one.

I wondered if there was an intro at all and it actually is in the folder, but every time I start a new single player game I get to the character creation, then to the Cyseal loading screen and immediately to the beach without intro.

First I thought it's pretty old-school with no explaining except the book in the inventory laugh Then I assumed it's because I don't had installed the Bink Video Player, but also after installing it, the intro wasn't shown after starting a new game.

What could be the reason for this issue?

Salumba #519079 14/07/14 04:06 PM
Hi,

Not having the Bink video player shouldnt cause this issue atleast. Are you able to see the movies from the folder itself?
From the getgo I am not sure what this could be, therefore could you send us a report.zip from our support tool?
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you

Salumba #519251 14/07/14 09:16 PM
S
Salumba Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I just sent an e-mail to the support with the report.zip attached.

Yes, I can watch the videos, when I start them from the folder itself. Though they stutter pretty much (with latest Bink Video Player). But unfortunately I'm also a victim to the crash-on-saving-issue, which should be adressed first smile

Last edited by Salumba; 14/07/14 09:17 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard