Print Thread
#518701 14/07/14 02:31 AM
O
Orange Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Is there any way to raise my hit chance other than buffs (Bless gives me 3 rounds of 70-80% chance to hit...)

Doesn't seem to matter how much strength I have, my warrior's hit chance is dropping like a stone with each area I move to. Sitting at 40% on most regular enemies now.

Orange #518765 14/07/14 06:29 AM
O
Orange Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Self-bump with an update.

I've gotten my warrior +8 strength from gear now, 23 altogether, almost 200 offense. My mage with 160 offense has 6% higher chance to hit the same target than my warrior.

Orange #518787 14/07/14 07:22 AM
veteran
veteran
Maybe you Need also other skills - I forgot which, think the last one!

One of the other skills give more Chance to hit. (look in the description) strength is only how much damange the hit make.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
Orange #518800 14/07/14 07:44 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Leadership on someone else might help you a bit.

Alix #518821 14/07/14 08:06 AM
J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Alix
Maybe you Need also other skills - I forgot which, think the last one!

One of the other skills give more Chance to hit. (look in the description) strength is only how much damange the hit make.

Not true. Only the skill in the respective weapon class increases damage. Points in attributes raise attack rating, which increases chance to hit, for weapons of the appropriate attribute class (Dex for bows, crossbows and daggers, Str for other one-handed and two-handed, Int for staves).

Orange #518907 14/07/14 10:16 AM
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Improving Chance to hit:

Weapon damage attribute
Lucky Charm
Leadership (level 2+)
Bless
Melee Precision Stance (or Ranged Precision Stance)
Perception (ranged only)

Orange #519254 14/07/14 09:23 PM
veteran
veteran
Also note this seems based on difficulty level, you have a harder time hitting on "Hard"...

Orange #519305 14/07/14 10:27 PM
O
Orange Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I didn't even know there was a Melee Precision Stance. Haven't seen it in any shops yet (level 18 now...)

It just baffles me that the mage has a higher hit chance (albeit with a staff) when the mage's stats - Int AND Offence - are both significantly lower than my warrior's. I have Bless and I use it, it's just a pain to think I have to cast that just for a decent shot at hitting regular targets. I'm totally fine with seeing ~50% hit chance against a boss, but this is kind of crazy.

It did occur to me after posting that my warrior is also my Leadership character. If I were to do it again, I'd definitely invest in Leadership on my mage instead.

But I guess there's always respeccing. I just don't want to lose Whirlwind. Anyway, I guess the thing that really gets me is just the fact that my hit chance even with Bless is abysmal.

For a bit of perspective
fighting the demon (I forget his name) in the Phantom Forest, my warrior had a grand 4% chance to hit. Considering she only gets 2-3 attacks per turn, that's incredibly poor.

Orange #519308 14/07/14 10:31 PM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Orange
I didn't even know there was a Melee Precision Stance. Haven't seen it in any shops yet (level 18 now...)

It just baffles me that the mage has a higher hit chance (albeit with a staff) when the mage's stats - Int AND Offence - are both significantly lower than my warrior's. I have Bless and I use it, it's just a pain to think I have to cast that just for a decent shot at hitting regular targets. I'm totally fine with seeing ~50% hit chance against a boss, but this is kind of crazy.

It did occur to me after posting that my warrior is also my Leadership character. If I were to do it again, I'd definitely invest in Leadership on my mage instead.

But I guess there's always respeccing. I just don't want to lose Whirlwind. Anyway, I guess the thing that really gets me is just the fact that my hit chance even with Bless is abysmal.

For a bit of perspective
fighting the demon (I forget his name) in the Phantom Forest, my warrior had a grand 4% chance to hit. Considering she only gets 2-3 attacks per turn, that's incredibly poor.

Which demon, bigor small one?. Because small one is pain in the ass but i killed him with full blind/frozen/stun combo in whole fight after wiped on first try smile.

gastovski #519315 14/07/14 10:44 PM
O
Orange Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Originally Posted by gastovski
Originally Posted by Orange

For a bit of perspective

Which demon, bigor small one?. Because small one is pain in the ass but i killed him with full blind/frozen/stun combo in whole fight after wiped on first try smile.

I dunno. The one in the abandoned shack. I didn't have trouble with the fight, I just could literally not do a damn thing with my warrior. She sat there missing every turn.

Orange #519319 14/07/14 10:48 PM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Yeah small one. I know the feel bro. Even my 22 dex rogue had %50 chance to hit.

Link Copied to Clipboard