Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Anyone know if they plan to make an expansion for D:OS? If so anyone have any particular hopes for the expansion? I personally would love official 4 player multiplayer added.

veteran
veteran
At the moment they don't have any plans about future projects. They are still working on D:OS and there will be big updates with AI personalities and additional companions coming in both July and August but after that everything is possible. I think with the game being on #1 of the Steam topseller spot for more than 2 weeks straight now D:OS should be successful enough to make an expansion reachable for us and reasonable for Larian but it's still up to them to finally decide on that.

Last edited by LordCrash; 15/07/14 01:28 AM.

WOOS
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I just hope they add a small patch or something allowing us to continue playing after defeating the last boss.. actually surprised no mod doing that has been made yet.. seems simple enough.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by falcon68
I just hope they add a small patch or something allowing us to continue playing after defeating the last boss.. actually surprised no mod doing that has been made yet.. seems simple enough.

Hm, why do you want to continue playing? You could just kill every single enemy before you proceed to the last level. It's not like anyone is respawning in this game or you could solve endless quests like in Skyrim...

Last edited by LordCrash; 15/07/14 01:30 AM.

WOOS
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
well the last boss drops loot.. I'd like to get it and see it smile.. I wish characters were more persistent too for mod sake... bringing one character from game to game would be awesome.

veteran
veteran
well the last boss drops loot.. I'd like to get it and see it smile.. I wish characters were more persistent too for mod sake... bringing one character from game to game would be awesome.

Well, it would make sense IF there is any mod or expansion which would tie in with the story. But so far there is none so continued playing after the final battle is imo just pointless at the moment... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 15/07/14 01:37 AM.

WOOS
stranger
stranger
A lot of people probably didn't finish every quest before killing the final boss. Though I suppose it's as simple as reloading a save before starting the battle (not sure, I haven't even made it halfway through the game yet) there's no reason any longer to end a game after a final battle. Games long ago allowed you to keep going through the game world after its finished and explore some more. I think it's clearly a better choice as opposed to forceably ending the game from any perspective.

enthusiast
enthusiast

you can't modify the campaign without the developer rights. MOdders have stated that on the mod subforums.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
stranger
stranger
Im honestly hoping for Divinity 3

stranger
stranger
Short and sweet: I rarely comment or review but this post made me want to give some feedback.
-I for one strongly agree with letting characters be able to continue after the last boss for end-game content or mods sake. At the very least, for the sandbox concept's sake.
-I love the idea of being able to import/export characters and allowing them to join different games. That would just be awesome.

Thank you!

Last edited by Willowisp; 15/07/14 06:58 AM.
veteran
veteran
BG1 saved before the final boss. I expect the same here (nowhere near to check).

As Crash stated, they're working mostly on fixes and 'free content' now... but with the success of Original Sin I do hope for a proper expansion down the line, yes.

For what I wish for... well, more storycontent and stuff. Can't really say any mechanical upgrades come to mind that I want. I assume many people would want day/night cycles, but I just think adding that while nice, would reduce the size of a potential x-pack greatly (since all devtime needs to be in updating the old areas too for this, and thus leaves less time working on the new stuff).

Although I do always like if expansions also spice up the original campaign, I think other ways like a few new quests, resolutions and stuff suit me better than day/night.

My 2 cents.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is something new inside my head ,an idea for possible expansion,it will take place at underwater city(or kingdom)which is situated not too far from place where we threw Ismashell when decided to free it
I suggest the next thing-Our main characters was getting back to theirs Masters with report about previous mission on the ship,and on the theirs way they get in a swirl and found themselves in the underwater city or maybe small part of underwater world,so their future destiny depends on decision from the past about Ismahell,if they sell it,then inhabitans would turn hostile(maybe something similliar) and if they freed it,then we would meet Ismashell who can help us in our adventure (and possibly can become our companion)
During exploration they found that`s actually dead city of Elves and then plot thickens......

Last edited by James 540; 15/07/14 11:46 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
S
S
Originally Posted by James 540
then we would meet Ismashell

It's not really possible, due to the fact he was cooked and eaten by me.

A
addict
addict
A
I think we should get an expansion about what's going on in that Forbidden Zone at Homestead. There's some suspicious party going on in there, "behind closed doors" so to speak. Those party animals are up to something, I just know it.

Last edited by Aramintai; 15/07/14 12:45 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by James 540
There is something new inside my head ,an idea for possible expansion,it will take place at underwater city(or kingdom)which is situated not too far from place where we threw Ismashell when decided to free it
I suggest the next thing-Our main characters was getting back to theirs Masters with report about previous mission on the ship,and on the theirs way they get in a swirl and found themselves in the underwater city or maybe small part of underwater world,so their future destiny depends on decision from the past about Ismahell,if they sell it,then inhabitans would turn hostile(maybe something similliar) and if they freed it,then we would meet Ismashell who can help us in our adventure (and possibly can become our companion)
During exploration they found that`s actually dead city of Elves and then plot thickens......

I think we need more Lizards (like in Dragon Commander)..do they live underwater? wink

WOOS
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by LordCrash

I think we need more Lizards (like in Dragon Commander)..do they live underwater? wink

And Elves and Dwarves. Those are a funny bunch in Divinity series, especially to each other.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I'm new to RPG's and love what I'm seeing here but am totally unfamiliar with the lore and such of this particular "world" outside of what I have seen so far in 119 hours of play. Yes, I said 119 hours and even playing on easy I'm nowhere near resolving many quests or dealing with end-game "bosses." And while I don't welcome plot spoilers, I must say I'm running into frequent dead ends when I cannot get through various doors and gates because of a lack of keys or magic. But its all good, I'll figure it out eventually. I hope.

I do look forward to DLC's and I do like sandbox games though I accept that the sandbox concept no doubt makes balancing a game very difficult for the designers. My only similar experience is with the recent XCom: Enemy Unknown release where, upon the final battle, the game ends...period. No more game, all you can do is start over from scratch. That is sort of frustrating to me because I get sucked into a world then locked out of it. But if Larian can find no other way to design this game or its successor, I guess I can live with the "final showdown" sort of situation.

What is important to me is the level of quality and care that goes into a game and D:OS has character in spades, so please keep up the good work and bring us more!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm expecting Larian to realy take a few days to relax and think over what to do next. In the meantime they alreay stated they will continue to improve D:OS for some time in the form of updated content and patches to fix things. Probably will make a push towards making the mod editor more user friendly and more tutorial videos.

Afterwards i believe it's time to decide either they will release DLC, either it will be free or paid (hopefuly with D:OS financial sucess they will release for free for KS-backers some of the stuff that was cut down due to lack of time to launch - Hint, hint, hint Endless dungeon for example).

With their editor i'm sure they can make new content easily so hopefuly they can make 1-2 more zones continuing the story in a future DLC (paid or free i'm not sure) and even an expansion.

But beware larian... milking the fans with cheap-content DLCs and constant expansions will probably make some fans complain feeling they are being milked for content... it's always a tough situation to manage.

They could also make the entire game voiced with the funding they are geting from good sales, but quite honestly i'm not even sure that would be a good investment because it would be very expensive to do and frankly the game doesn't need it that much.

So many possibilities... Sven must have his mind in a hurricane atm... He does have to keep his team ocupied with something because every month wages are geting out... artists, programmers, producers, sound engineers, Kirill (if he is recovered already), etc, etc, etc...

Last edited by KnightPT; 15/07/14 01:11 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
At the moment they don't have any plans about future projects. They are still working on D:OS and there will be big updates with AI personalities and additional companions coming in both July and August but after that everything is possible. I think with the game being on #1 of the Steam topseller spot for more than 2 weeks straight now D:OS should be successful enough to make an expansion reachable for us and reasonable for Larian but it's still up to them to finally decide on that.

do you have a link?
We will get an big Update within the next 6 weeks?
What exactly will these updates contain?

Last edited by john carmack; 15/07/14 01:12 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by john carmack

do you have a link?
We will get an big Update within the next 6 weeks?
What exactly will these updates contain?

2 more recruitable companions. (Currently there is only Jahan and Madora but 2 more are in the works). Also they're adding some AI personality options for single-player mode (Currently there's only "loyal", "random", or No AI options). Also general bugfixes of course.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard