Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hi there.

I was trying to collect 5 star stones at the lowest level possible(to unlock Homestead vendor) and everything was going pretty well up untill Baccus Rex chest. Hard difficulty, double lone wolf.

I was avoiding fights and exploration to minimize my XP gain and so far I only killed weak cultist at the evelyn lair (for the key) and Evelyn herself (to get amulet from Jack and unlock Baccus Rex room). I think it is possible not to kill Evelyn (I have some ideas that needs more testing) to reduce XP gain even further.

Anyway I am level 3 now (almost level 4) with 27K-ish gold ready to spend for books. I have blood gem and 3 depleted star stones and I have Baccus chest with "personal belongings" in my inventory. Unfortunately said chest is level 20 with 50K-ish HP and I can not harm it...

My hopes was to destroy it in lava field at the lowest right corner of the map(near trap house) but the chest is taking no damage from lava or burning. I have tryed some other forms of damage but with no success so far.

I dont want to kill Baccus because it will push me to level 4.

So if you have any ideas how to open the chest without killing Baccus for his key I would love to hear them.

PS: English is not my native language so sorry for likely mistakes

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Charm x Pickpocket?

You can skip it, you probably won't get that great of gear anyway.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Hm... charm may actualy work. Will try it. No idea if I will be able to pickpoket Baccus though (and what skill level it will require). And I will have to start a new game as I dont have any points in marksmanship.

I dont really need any gear from Baccus chest but I need his star stone to unlock homestead vendor with attribute and skill books. Said vendor inventory updates every level so I want to unlock him early to maximize amount of books I will get.

Anyway thanks for the tip.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
i tried something similar, but have killed more stuff including braccus ... see here and here.

You could try the open lock scroll from arhu's desk ... don't know if this works. An alternate way would be to go into lucella forest and try to destroy the goblin totem for the bloodstone - don't know if you can avoid exploration XP on this route. If this works you don't need to go after evelyn for your fifth stone.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
As Tommy123 says, the obvious approach would be to see if the unlocking scroll works on Braccus Rex' chest.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Tommy123

You could try the open lock scroll from arhu's desk ... don't know if this works.

AFAIK scrolls only remove glowing purple magical locks and has nothing to do with "regular" locked chests. I tried to use scroll in black cove on level 20 locked chest with no success before. But I will try it on Baccus chest though. Just to be sure.

Originally Posted by Tommy123

An alternate way would be to go into lucella forest and try to destroy the goblin totem for the bloodstone - don't know if you can avoid exploration XP on this route. If this works you don't need to go after evelyn for your fifth stone.

Not viable. You get enormous amount of exploration XP in the forest (as 3-rd level character). I will be level 4-5th by the time I reach goblin camp.

Thanks for the advise anyway.

apprentice
apprentice
... the personal chest I could only open with the key on his body and the other one only with the scroll, even after I have teleported the chest to the homechest and placed it there, as I thought I would be able to open it with lockpicking skill 5. After I found out it was not possible I tried the scroll and the chest unlocked !

Don't know if there is somewhere else a magical chest and if it would be better to keep the scroll, as the items in that chest are only level 5 !

Last edited by Sir Flash Aron; 15/07/14 03:24 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard