Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by eisberg77
Any description for each of the personalities?

Well, if they stick to what Swen revealed to PC gamers:

PCG: Can you go into a little more detail on the kind of personalities that you're shipping in the update?

Vincke: We'll have a knight. That's what you can imagine. Then we'll have a rascal, a maniac, a judge somebody who's very judgmental預 priest, and a free-spirit, They basically all have different traits that they prefer.

If you put in, let's say, a judgmental character, who would for instance refuse to hire a companion, that's a very big impact on your game right there. If you role-play through that, that really changes your game. It's something that can happen in multiplayer also, right? It's basically what we're trying to do. This gives single-players the feeling of what you get in co-op multiplayer, when you deal with the actions of somebody else.

I would appreciate some official information from Larian though.

WOOS
apprentice
apprentice
Can you add a general summary of the AI personalities?

veteran
veteran
I'm a bit sad that an option for custom portraits didn't make it to the list. Or did I overread that? Hope it will come with a future patch...

WOOS
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by acerockolla
Thanks for the support. Is there a way to switch AI personality on in my singleplayer game, or will I have to restart to set their personality at character creation?

You could change it in the existing game but you might miss some of the new banter if they added new ones.

When you unlock the second room of Homestead you will get the option to change appearance and personality and voice.

Last edited by NEET; 15/07/14 06:39 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Rage has a wrong tooltip.

It still says it drops armor+dex to zero.

When activating ingame it does the following:

- Chance to hit -25% (Really, like REALLY ?????)
- Armor does not get dropped to zero, it is a -50% penalty
- Dex stays the same

So now I can either reroll at lvl18 or respec and spend hours on scum-loading skillbook inventories frown

G
stranger
stranger
G
Does the "compressed saved games" mean this is now sync's over Steam's cloud service?

Cheers guys. Good work.

Rob

A
stranger
stranger
A
So do skill books like Whirlwind and Dust Devil actually show up in the vendor inventories now?

Stock Trader #1: This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!
Bane: Really? Then why are you people here?
-The Dark Knight Rises
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lar_q
-Added missing kickstarter rewards.

This includes the engraving tools? Because I checked and I still don't get them (yes, I did update the game)

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
stranger
stranger
Are there any plans to add the ability to rename classes?

Originally Posted by LordCrash
@Larian

I wonder why you don't "present" the different AI personalities. Which personalities can we choose from?

Here is the list from new game now:
No AI
Random
Loyal
Knight
Rascal
Maniac
Judge
Priest
Free
Spirit

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Gyson
Glad to have a patch, but sad that the problem with elemental surfaces has not been addressed.

True, but I don't think it's a big issue. I haven't even noticed that in way more than 100h into the game... wink

Heavily dependent on your party makeup, your builds, the type of equipment RNG loot has blessed you with, and how an encounter plays out. Problems don't stop being problems just because some of the players aren't experiencing them. Otherwise we might as well just wipe the developer's bug list clean and call it "job well done". I play multiplayer, have zero interest in using AI personalities when playing solo - doesn't mean getting them in wasn't important.

stranger
stranger
What will be the next update, customize characters even more? Create custom personalities with strange traits? I would love to "build" a gentleman-thief...

A
stranger
stranger
A
Random loot is so lazy in a game without respawning monsters.

Stock Trader #1: This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!
Bane: Really? Then why are you people here?
-The Dark Knight Rises
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Lar_q

-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

Nooooo! Such an epic exploit nerfed! sad

X
stranger
stranger
X
Awesome! Should we start all over again or this patch will affect existent save games?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you Larian!

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I would like to know if Rage gets "fixed" after if has been "fixed".
tooltip, ingame description and stat page do not make sense, everything tells you something different.
if the -25%hit rate is real you could have just dumped the trait or just make it +25%damage.
4 hits will only connect twice or thrice for 75% hitrate, making your damage overall THE SAME.

Last edited by anton_es; 15/07/14 07:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ioivan
What will be the next update, customize characters even more? Create custom personalities with strange traits? I would love to "build" a gentleman-thief...

I wonder that the "custom AI" isn't already built in. In the PC gamer interview Swen more or less confirmed such a player-generated AI behaviour...

Edit: Rage always caused +50% damage. That's the trade-off for the -25% chance to hit. It's just the description which shows the wrong effects.

Last edited by LordCrash; 15/07/14 07:02 PM.

WOOS
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I know what Rage does/did.
Now it does not give you +50% REAL damage since you will miss 1 out of 4. making it useless for 4aps and its cooldown. You will get more damage with power stance which costs nothing to activate and adds +1 ap, which over 4 turns is the same as having rage active but nets you more overall damage.

This is counterintuitive. Rage is now for hybrids that do not use autoattacks.

Last edited by anton_es; 15/07/14 07:08 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by anton_es
I know what Rage does/did.
Now it does not give you +50% REAL damage since you will miss 1 out of 4. making it useless for 4aps and its cooldown. You will get more damage with power stance which costs nothing to activate and adds +1 ap, which over 4 turns is the same as having rage active but nets you more overall damage.

This is counterintuitive. Rage is now for hybrids that do not use autoattacks.

Or it's something you have to use with CC or buffs to your hit chance.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard