Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by NEET
Originally Posted by acerockolla
Thanks for the support. Is there a way to switch AI personality on in my singleplayer game, or will I have to restart to set their personality at character creation?

You could change it in the existing game but you might miss some of the new banter if they added new ones.

When you unlock the second room of Homestead you will get the option to change appearance and personality and voice.

Just found the answer. Here it is again up top for those who are wondering the same thing...

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Wallis
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
Originally Posted by tarasis

Originally Posted by Maphyr
If this is the type of patch we can expect to look forward to then I honestly have to say I am extremely disappointed and massively let down.

What is wrong with the patch? What doesn't it do for you?

I think some people expected new features etc. But it is only natural the first fixes after release addresses bugs an minor tweaks. And the we got AI personalities and Steam Workshop upload as well. I think that is awesome given that it is just one week since last patch.

I don't get it. We're TWO WEEKS out of launch, and people are expecting new content already?

Fix the game so it's working for everyone, and is awesome, THEN add new content.

I for one, am happy to see such a long list of updates, and the effort this team is putting into making this game work properly.

You can only beta-test so much, once the game is out (over 1.5 million sold, yeah?) you have a much larger sample size to find problems with the game.

The response to bug threads here and on Steam has been wonderful. Keep it up Larian.

I second that!

veteran
veteran
Who said that Larian sold more than 1.5 million copies of D:OS? That's pure speculation imo...

But I agree with everyone who thinks that bug fixes and balancing fixes are way more important than new content.

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Elwyn

Maybe it will help you if you verify the local game cache?

Actually... the problem was caused by a missing configuration file. And that I fixed simply by copying one from one computer to the other. What's really strange is that the configuration file wasn't entirely missing - the game created a _folder_ named modsettings.lsx in the profile directory instead of the configuration file.

You can only beta-test so much, once the game is out (over 1.5 million sold, yeah?) you have a much larger sample size to find problems with the game.

The response to bug threads here and on Steam has been wonderful. Keep it up Larian.

They are doing a good job in terms of getting fixes out, its a shame that some of this stuff wasn't caught during the long Early access cycle, but then it was only a portion of the game.

I am very curious about where you heard 1.5 million copies sold. That would be awesome if true but I'm cynical that it is.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have installed the patch, verified game files, created a new profile and started a new game, but the crashing is the same as always. I like the game a lot, but the crashes are extremely annoying because they mostly happen at the worst possible time: when you (try to) save the game. I try to save often, but the more often I save, the more often I crash...

F
stranger
stranger
F
Still no fix for the Lone Wolf + respec = break all the things glitch frown

Otherwize solid patch.

veteran
veteran
Wow, leadership got a new status icon. I have to get used to this green laurel wreath first but it definitely looks cool and is imo fitting. wink

Edit: Damage is still miscalcuated though. I only get a 40% bonus from two-handed for my melee although he has 5 points in two handed and it clearly states that he should have a 50% bonus to damage. The fifth point should be added by wearing bracers with +1 on two-handed but the additional 10% are definitely not added to the overall damage...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by LordCrash; 15/07/14 09:51 PM.

WOOS
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Anyone know if the problem of some high lvl areas dropping low lvl loot has been resolved? Halted my play through on account of that bug.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Cameron9428
It's too bad leech is still grossly overpowered, though

Hm possible, I never used leech.

Yeah, leech is way OP right now. A friend of mine and I are playing and when enemies shoot him he heals if they make him bleed. So most archer attacks on him heal him for the same amount or more than the damage he takes. The enemies are effectively healing him.

If things go bad I can just toss a blood letting on him and it heals him full no matter how many HPS down he is. The only danger is if he has like under 20 hps the blood letting will kill him. He has the lone wolf trait which makes my blood letting heals on him around 600 hp heals currently, this will only increase.

No question that leech is crazy powerful and if you mix it with zombie and a character that can poison your main melee character to heal him it gets even more out of control.

I was a bit surprised to see no changes to how these skills function.

Last edited by irongamer; 15/07/14 10:11 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
I can't save(well I can but after game restart they are gone) and load my saved game.
(after this patch)
OS X 10.9.4

Last edited by Igenefolio; 15/07/14 10:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
I don't get it. We're TWO WEEKS out of launch, and people are expecting new content already?

Wallis, meet humanity... humanity, meet Wallis.

You're allowed to despair now.

M
M
Where are the release notes for 1.0.72 to 1.0.74 update?

H
stranger
stranger
H
Whatever it is, I'm on 1.0.74 and I just tried the new crafting recipes

-Intestines can be crafted to create poison/poisoned food/poisoned arrowheads
-Strong sinews can be crafted to bowstrings
-Crafting scrolls now works with elemental essence like the cards say (e.g. fire essence + paper = blank fire scroll)

None of these work. Or at least the following: Intestines + Arrowheads / Air Essence + Sheet of Paper / or Fire Essence + Sheet of Paper/ Strong Sinew + Strong Sinew.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Larian, you are the best! smile

Edit: This list is epic.

Kind of reminds you of the old days, doesn't it? When developers actually CARED about their games? Well done Larian, well done. Support like this is why I'm buying like 3 more copies of this game.

290 hours in and I'm just getting started with this masterpiece of a game.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 15/07/14 11:14 PM.
stranger
stranger
Just wondering if patches this huge are going to happen very often? Am LOVING the game, but if patches this big are going to happen very often, I may have to stop playing when we run out of monthly downloads (that would frustrate the hell out of me 'cos I've been excitedly waiting since kickstarter!)

stranger
stranger
Why not using Steam's "Product Updates" pages to quickly check for latest releases history?

ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, Hori Fighting Stick Mini, XBox One BT controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
veteran
veteran
Noticed "What a Rush" got fixed... can't recall seeing it on the fixlist though...
Wonder what other 'hidden' fixes are there, or perhaps I simply overlooked it.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Headbomb

None of these work. Or at least the following: Intestines + Arrowheads / Air Essence + Sheet of Paper / or Fire Essence + Sheet of Paper/ Strong Sinew + Strong Sinew.

I'm updated 1.0.74 and couldn't get the strong sinew recipe to work either with a prior saved game. Didn't try the others.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Headbomb
Whatever it is, I'm on 1.0.74 and I just tried the new crafting recipes

-Intestines can be crafted to create poison/poisoned food/poisoned arrowheads
-Strong sinews can be crafted to bowstrings
-Crafting scrolls now works with elemental essence like the cards say (e.g. fire essence + paper = blank fire scroll)

I confirm. None of these recipies are working with the latest patch... think

Also metal scrapes don't improve metal armour (they cannot be combined/crafted).

Last edited by LordCrash; 15/07/14 11:46 PM.

WOOS
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard