Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by BaronJudas
Originally Posted by Celador
I was actually expecting either glowing or some particle effect. They are the most expensive dyes after all.

Are those implemented ingame though? I can't remember seeing any glowing or particle effect armor.

Well they implemented it for weapons (the various elemental staves), so I suppose it should work for armor too.
The glowing part is definitely doable, as you "only" have to create a new glowing material for the armor.
About attaching particle effects to bones ... I have no idea.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by BaronJudas

Are those implemented ingame though? I can't remember seeing any glowing or particle effect armor.

You are probably correct - sounds too good to be true. "Out of this world" in their description however implies something more than just random color, i think.

Void black with a starry pattern perhaps. Sounds reasonably plausible.

Last edited by Celador; 15/07/14 08:07 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Celador
Void black with a starry pattern perhaps. Sounds reasonably plausible.

I suppose if someone with some art talent could make something like that it would work. I'm not sure how the current colors are applied though to make it so we could just edit the black dye and add stars to it.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
According the patch-notes comments the new recipes ain't working at all.
Unpacked the 'new' main.pack and none of those mentioned 'new' changes are to be found; so I guess I'll use this mod for the time-being smile

can some1 confirm as well?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I just tracked down Norbyte's updated unpacker so I'm having a gander myself. Did they maybe forget to run the XLSM macros? ;p

apprentice
apprentice
I couldn't get the new recipes to work either. I first I was thinking maybe it was a conflict with this mod but if others are having the problem then Larian just goofed on something.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Too bad I already deleted my old main.pack-unpack, so I could have run a file-compare.
But it looks like neither the xlsm nor the txt was updated at all.

And since you added 'working' (!) changes, I see no reason in not using your mod further ^^.

edit: will check later in a fresh game; oddly I was about to do a new campaign anyway.

Last edited by valky; 16/07/14 02:12 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I confirm. The TXT and LSX haven't been updated. They probably just forgot to pack them in before releasing the update.

apprentice
apprentice
Will it effect the mod once they do?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
My understanding of the mod right now is it gets "tacked on" to the end of ItemCombos. In fact with 1.1 to make this clear, and make it easier for me to track my own changes, my ItemCombos file only includes the things I've changed. (And it still works.)

Precedence seems to go to the Main.pak already, meaning I cannot actually change any existing recipes - ones that I thought I'd "fixed" I have retro tested and they did not in fact work; fish, dinner not costing the tomato, and so on.

The only thing that might break is if Larian decides to make an official recipe using the same ingredients we've got in the mod, like water bottle + arrow shaft.

At any rate I'll try to keep the mod updated as long as it stays relevant. smile

apprentice
apprentice
Sounds good. I was worried these updates would break things. It wouldn't be a problem if Larian just officially added the changes but that may never happen or take awhile.

P
P
That does not make sense. I was able to successfully use the modified recipes in the previous versions. Are you saying that if the v1.1 ItemCombos.txt doesn't contain all of the original recipes as well then it doesn't work?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Other way around... you can delete everything in ItemCombos, and just start adding stuff. You can have a one-line ItemCombos to add one recipe that you want in a mod. The stuff in Main.pak's ItemCombos still work - you can't "delete" recipes from Main.pak.

At the same time, it doesn't appear that we really can override existing recipes - at least, you can't shift the order of the ingredients and you can't change the transform keyword. You can change the recipe to produce a new result - like fixing the Magic Big Chicken foot.

My test was the fish recipes. Right now you have to drag the oven (mobile kitchen) onto the fish for the recipe to work. I tried reversing that order and the change would not take. I was getting confused until I tried this with a few other recipes and saw the pattern. Then the kicker was another old fix that I'd put in but never tested: changing the Elven Stew recipe's keyword from Transform1 to Destroy2Transform1. It doesn't work. My version of the recipe doesn't take precedence. The tomato sauce remains. :\

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
1.1 is up on Nexus. It fixes the lucky rabbit belts, doesn't do anything with the mysterious dye for now, and besides that the only change really is that I switched to the "bare" format in both files, stripping out everything but my own changes. I also added liberal comments.

I'm working on a readme next so that it's easier to publish the full list of changes in the mod.

P
P
So, we can change ingredients (not not order) and outputs, but we cannot change how it is transformed or remove recipes. Interesting.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Frustrating, is the word I'd use. :p But then I remind myself that crafting isn't really as big a deal in this game as, say, Skyrim. I don't play hours at a time having fun with crafting. (Though I certainly do like it as a relaxing way to spend downtime.) I'm all about the combat. wink

apprentice
apprentice
This does sound frustrating. I will say though that I have spent over an hour crafting things before in the game just messing around will all the items I pick up and finding combo's. That's why I liked the mod as it added a few new things to play with.

journeyman
journeyman
There was a bug with certain combinations only working in one way (cup + apple did nothing, but apple + cup created apple juice)

This bug is fixed and it will be included in the next patch

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Styno
There was a bug with certain combinations only working in one way (cup + apple did nothing, but apple + cup created apple juice)

This bug is fixed and it will be included in the next patch

Are they going to fix the strong sinew that was mentioned in this last patch?

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
About the strong sinew in your mod as well:
In my last (or first try-out ^^ since I was sadly not part of the kickstarter thingie) I happen to notice I only got 1 sinew after you implemented it in your last revision.
I might be wrong but checked the *txt file and shouldn't it be:

"use object LOOT_Sinew_A_Strong on category Knife with transform code Transform1 parameters LOOT_Sinew_A,0,0,0,0,0,2,1 autolevel 0" instead?

Or is it some odd behavior to use the strong sinew on the knife else you only get 1? Deleted my old saves already and since I happen to have not that much time, I can't currently try.
I usually use "knife" on "things"..so I might be at fault...

[tbh: modding this game is a major headache...it starts by having 3 mod folders - documents, main path, data-path = seriously wtf. Now they even changed the *pak/savegame structure..it kinda reminds me at Shogun:TW, where every patch messed up any and every mod...]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard