Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
R
RtM Offline
R
Doesnt seem to be as consistent anymore since the last patch. Now its crashing on save 2 sometimes. Ridiculous.

X
stranger
stranger
X
Yup now I'm having that exact issue when I started a new party. Wonder whats going on with companies these days releasing bugged games on release day.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Saw the patch, came back here to read the replies. Seems worse from what i see.

Decided to test it anyway: now i can't even quicksave 30 seconds after loading a game. Tested it 4 times in a row, at different moments (a few minutes into the game, after a combat, etc...)

Back to waiting for a fix.

T
stranger
stranger
T
In my case, Loading is fine but saving games causes crashes everytime. please fix it as soon as possible.

R
RtM Offline
R
Just went for a couple of plays. Crashed every time I tried full save but the saves seem to be working?? I'll update in a few seconds...the first save worked anyway.

So saves work for me. They just crash to desktop each time now. I suppose that's better than losing progress.....???? Ahhh!!! So frustrating. There's an amazing game underneath all of this mess.

3rd time - same thing

And 4th....I think it's safe to assume this will be this way until the next patch. For me anyway.

Last edited by RtM; 16/07/14 09:05 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Like I said earlier in this thread: Itï½´s probably faster changing to a 64-bit system than waiting for a fix/patch.

Anyone who has tried changing from 32-bit system to 64-bit system and can confirm that itï½´s a working solution?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Works for me now!
Saving to a network location, quick save took about 20 seconds longer than usual but worked fine, well done to all who worked on the patch and for good support generally!

E
stranger
stranger
E
How do you go about setting up network saves?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Sorry what I meant was, that my Documents folder had been redirected along time ago to another drive on my workplace network and this caused a problem with saves for me and some others.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
still crashing but atleast it creates the save now before crashing

stranger
stranger
the profile is now being created, and I've been able to save, however the game still crashes to desktop when I'm entering the tutorial dungeon. is this an auto save issue?

Support
Support

Try disabling autosaves in the options and entering the tutorial dungeon again. If it still crashes, autosaves were not the problem (or not the only problem), if it doesn't, then either autosaves or autosaves in combination with changing regions was the problem.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Raze

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder. After that try starting a new game and see if you can save.
This folder contains the profiles, saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing (don't know about Mac).

Renaming the above mentioned folder worked wonders for me. I have not crashed when saving/zoning since. Thanks.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Had the game for about a week now. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY IT.

I can see the saving issue has been somewhat resolved, now it just crashes when i try to go in or out of Homestead. I've been stuck on the murder quest since I got the game. Really want to hit Level 5 before I give up.

Please fix this awesome game.

Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP 2
Intel Quad Core CPU 2.4 GHz
4 GB Ram
32 Bit

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by inkspawn
Had the game for about a week now. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY IT.

I can see the saving issue has been somewhat resolved, now it just crashes when i try to go in or out of Homestead. I've been stuck on the murder quest since I got the game. Really want to hit Level 5 before I give up.

Please fix this awesome game.

Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP 2
Intel Quad Core CPU 2.4 GHz
4 GB Ram
32 Bit

Have you read through this thread? There are plenty of tips how to fix the crashes and endless saving/loading issues.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Yeah, been on this thread more than the game.

Plus, this is a new problem as of the latest patch which uploaded when i turned my computer on an hour ago, but thanks for the advice.

R
RtM Offline
R
Just lost about 40 mins. Now its back to not saving where its endlessly in the saving screen Not actually crashing. I think I'll just come back to this in about 3 weeks. Hopefully something is done. Furious.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by RtM
I think I'll just come back to this in about 3 weeks.

Yup. Back to playing my other games...

frown

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by inkspawn
Originally Posted by RtM
I think I'll just come back to this in about 3 weeks.

Yup. Back to playing my other games...

frown

The mother in law is staying in the room with my desktop for a few days, so i can't play it anyway. My Laptop is 64 bit, but isn't a particularly powerful machine, thought about playing divinity on that, but the screen isn't that big either, and don't have a great table for it...

Maybe it'll be fixed by Monday... It is making think it's time to upgrade my desktop though... frown

D
stranger
stranger
D
this game does whatever it wants. yesterday the quicksaves worked but manual saves crashed. today it's the opposite. just lost hours of progress. this is more than frustrating.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard