Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I don't have any of those issues Xyst, nor have I read of many others having those issues. I've played about 20 hours so far, usually in 2-3 hour blocks with multiple saves in that time (manual, quick and auto saves).

You should post a bug report in the Technical forum, and if you haven't already get Steam to verify your game files. What OS are you running on? What Hardware?

Btw
Originally Posted by Xyst

1) Memory Leak: until inevitable game crashes. From the time I load the game my CPU load will start at about 02 then go up steadily to about 73. The memory (private working set) from start of game to crash begins at about 22,000K and crashes at about 1,322,000K. It generally takes about 25 minutes of game-play before crashing (whether I save or not, but see saving the game below).

That doesn't sound like a memory leak, that sounds more like the game loading itself and it's assets into memory. Of course it grows from 22MB, that will probably just be the minimum for the loading screen.

Last edited by tarasis; 16/07/14 05:19 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Axell
[quote=LordCrash]

Eh? Steam first downloaded a small patch and THEN some ~800MB worth of stuff. Strange.

First there was small patch *for the editor*. Then a big patch *for the game* on Steam for 1.0.72.

And later again a small patch for the game. But if you didn't use Steam in-between 1.0.72 and 1.0.74 it will just download them in one go.

Last edited by Jacob Marner; 16/07/14 05:35 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
Originally Posted by tarasis
I don't have any of those issues Xyst, nor have I read of many others having those issues. I've played about 20 hours so far, usually in 2-3 hour blocks with multiple saves in that time (manual, quick and auto saves).

You should post a bug report in the Technical forum, and if you haven't already get Steam to verify your game files. What OS are you running on? What Hardware?

Gratz Tarasis! You are the 1st person to not have had to deal with these 3 issues (that has posted at least) It is nice to know that at least 1 person has been able to play in more than a 25 minute increment of time (and I am not being sarcastic).

I did go ahead and post in the Technical Forum section with the specs of my computer and I had already verified the integrity of the game (100% pass) as well as run the D:OS utility that Larian has asked those of us having problems to use with another 100% pass - and I emailed the generated report already.

My hope is that it will help them to address the issues here and let the other people that bought this game and are having issues actually play it! The storyline of this game is amazing - the gameplay, I imagine - when working, is amazing - concept - amazing and I could go on and on about how much potential this game has, but it hurts my brain to try and play in 25m intervals then reload and hope to play another 25m before another crash.

journeyman
journeyman
Xyst I'm having the same issues you are. I too can only play in 25 min intervals before the game crashes.

I think it's because I'm running out of memory, I only have a 32bit system with 4GB of ram. I read somewhere that the game saves EVERYTHING. Every chest you open, every dialogue you have and so on. The longer you play, the more it saves. Eventually, you just run out of memory.

So I've learned to save, save, save before and after everything! I also regularly delete my old save games.

I was hoping this patch would help address this issue.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Gratz Tarasis! You are the 1st person to not have had to deal with these 3 issues (that has posted at least) It is nice to know that at least 1 person has been able to play in more than a 25 minute increment of time (and I am not being sarcastic).

I have played 50 hours and I have not yet had the game crash. No leaks. No FPS degradation. It basically just works.

Last edited by Jacob Marner; 16/07/14 06:09 AM.
stranger
stranger
Yikes, lotsa changes, nice! <3

Lacho Calad! Drego Morn!
E
stranger
stranger
E
Sorry if someone already asked but is there a way to change their AI once the game already been started?

addict
addict
When you unlock the second room in the Homestead (the bedrooms), there is a mirror you can use to alter your characters appearance/voice/personality.

R
RtM Offline
R
It was a nice big list of bug fixes and random UI changes - things that were nice to get done, but...

There are 3 priorities that need/must be addressed ASAP since they are game-breaking:

1) Memory Leak: until inevitable game crashes. From the time I load the game my CPU load will start at about 02 then go up steadily to about 73. The memory (private working set) from start of game to crash begins at about 22,000K and crashes at about 1,322,000K. It generally takes about 25 minutes of game-play before crashing (whether I save or not, but see saving the game below).

2) Saving the game: either endlessly saves or just plain crashes the game. Endless saves (when you try to save and the game freezes at the save screen until you ctr+alt+del) occur about every 4th save attempt. Before this patch, it would not actually save and you had to revert to loading a prior save file - after this patch it does seem to keep your save but you still have to exit and restart the game again (and with load times taking forever, it gets really annoying). Then there is the save that just plain crashes the game (it exits to your desktop with a windows pop-up).

3) FPS degradation: The game will start off at about 60 FPS, but very quickly (within 10 seconds) will drop over about 25 minutes until you are down to about 1 or 2 FPS, making the game unplayable.

These 3 issues (especially combined) make the game extremely hard to play and most people refuse to play at all until these issues are fixed (My roommate bought the game, played for about 3 days and quit and from the posts I have read so far in these forums, it looks like every single player has these 3 issues in some fashion as I have not seen 1 person post that they are not affected by these 3 issues).

Talk about Game Breaking issues...and it is not like it is not affecting some people - it is affecting everyone. So, in conclusion, it is nice that there were additions to the game personalities and UI changes, BUT these 3 issues/bugs should be made a #1, #2 and #3 priority if you want people to keep playing - if not, then please allow for a full refund of the game purchase price for those of us (everyone) that cannot play the game right now in more than 25 minute intervals.

Pretty much. This is what I go through. It's really shitty. I've sent all the reports, done most recommended things(aside from messing with files some posters recommended) and nothing changes. But it actually seems to be even a little less stable with the latest patch. Sure LOADS of other things were improved/fixed and I appreciate it. It's just difficult to fully enjoy those things when I'm constantly think "ok should I save here and just quit the game and reboot now or chance it?"

Just now in a pretty long battle, one I had to attempt 3 times before winning, the game crashed on my FIRST save. Straight to the desktop. Truly heart broken. And these 3 attempts were at different times throughout the day. Not in one play-through. The problem is that it doesn't seem to be high up on the to-do list IMO. I get the same replies when I email about the problem with my crash dumps and such. frown

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Xyst I have never heard of anyone having those issues, if EVERYONE was having those issues, like you seem to think they are, the forums would have been on fire ever since launch. Stop acting like just because you and a few others are having those issues, everyone must be. Not saying it isn't a major issue and shouldn't be fixed just because it is happening to a minority, just saying for you to stop acting like a you are the center of the universe, and your experience is mirrored by everyone else.

Pic related is my playtime, only 20 hours or so is from beta. This was done in multiple 10+ hour stints with tons of alt-tabbing and the like. This game is stable as fuck for me, and I genuinely feel bad that it isn't stable for you.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Raith; 16/07/14 07:06 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
Originally Posted by Raith
Xyst I have never heard of anyone having those issues, if EVERYONE was having those issues, like you seem to think they are, the forums would have been on fire ever since launch. Stop acting like just because you and a few others are having those issues, everyone must be. Not saying it isn't a major issue and shouldn't be fixed just because it is happening to a minority, just saying for you to stop acting like a you are the center of the universe, and your experience is mirrored by everyone else.

This game is stable as fuck for me, and I genuinely feel bad that it isn't stable for you.

Why Thank you Raith. I appreciate that you are 1 more person that has not had these issues. If you read the Tech Issues part of the Forums, you would see that there are a ton of players that are having these exact issues - but, in your defense, I understand that if I had zero problems with stability, I would likely not read the Tech Issue part of the forums either :p

I imagine that those players that have high end Rigs are able to play just fine (which is hopefully a lot of you out there) and can enjoy this amazing game just fine. I had posted in this thread because I wanted to point out just how important it is to have this issue be a priority and add a bit of disappointment that it has not been addressed yet (and I say yet, having faith that this issue will be addressed ASAP). As per a suggestion up above ^^ I did post in Technical Issues as well with specs included and all the things I have done on my end to try and fix the issue. Apologies to ya Raith (or anyone else) that my post came off as Egocentric - if you knew me, you would know I am far from it. Frustrated with a hint of anger is more like it smile I want to play this game so bad it hurts!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Frustrated with a hint of anger is more like it smile I want to play this game so bad it hurts!

I can feel your pain. I sincerely hope that your issues will be fixed soon. Cross fingers.

journeyman
journeyman
Still no patch on GOG. frown

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Morrandir
Still no patch on GOG. frown

What's GOG? Just curious.

Edit: Nvm! Just found out, haven't been gaming for ages until this game was released smile

Last edited by Eryendil; 16/07/14 08:10 AM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
People who are having problems are always the most vocal part of a group. Just look at a review for any hard drive and you would think that they have a 90% failure rate right out of the box. Once again, don't assume that just because a fair bit of people are having problem that the issue is that large scale.

Last edited by Raith; 16/07/14 08:11 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I am sorry for you but I never had such problems with the game. The only time this game crashed for me was after I closed the laptop and the system went to hibernate mode. I played it 100h now.

Does anybody know something about the wrong loot in Hiberheim?

Last edited by FadeToBlack; 16/07/14 08:16 AM.
stranger
stranger
@Lar_q
Please, can you use also the Steam "Product Updates" section to publish your changelogs? Thank you.
RMB on a game, News, Product Updates on the right...
[Linked Image]

ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, Hori Fighting Stick Mini, XBox One BT controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
veteran
veteran
and it is not like it is not affecting some people - it is affecting everyone.

Gotta love people claiming that everyone has their problem, while really next to none do.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by hexaae
@Lar_q
Please, can you use also the Steam "Product Updates" section to publish your changelogs? Thank you.
RMB on a game, News, Product Updates on the right...
[Linked Image]

The changelogs are too long for steam to handle smile

R
RtM Offline
R
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
and it is not like it is not affecting some people - it is affecting everyone.

Gotta love people claiming that everyone has their problem, while really next to none do.

This is just as bad.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard