Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
stranger
stranger
N
Just imagine....

-------

*breaking news*

I, the overlord of EA, have bought them out!

Expect some special golden weresheep armor for 14.99 as your next content update. I hope you all enjoy! Also I will be retiring the staff secretly and replacing them with my C team hacks just like I did with Bioware.

Welcome to EA! Enjoy your 30 day stay team Larian! (we are waiting on some more printing paper to hand out termination notices).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Money does buy gratification though. I'd be pretty gratified right now if I had a Starbucks Frap.

Well ... I'll just hope that it wasn't EA knocking on their door and assume everything will work out.

EA have Bioware.

Last edited by LordCrash; 16/07/14 07:43 PM.

WOOS
S
S
Yeah it would be really nice if EA bought larian. They published many great games, e.g. Dragon Age 2, and i think D:OS definietly would be a better game if it had some of the DA2 features. For example very cool feature - reusing dungeons, so once you finished one side quest, you know the way through the dungeon, so next time you don't need to search for things like an idiot, but go straight to the goal. And also DA2 had much better combat, I was just pushing buttons randomly and enemies were dying in very spectacular way, lot of flashes, exlosions, very fast and good looking combat, certainly superior to the slow, boring chess-like turn based combat in D:OS. And it had lot of DLCs, and of course we all love DLCs. And it was possible to have sex with your companions. Sadly, no sex scenes in D:OS.

Yeah, EA definietly is the best RPG publisher. Just look at Bioware, they were making weak games with shitty graphics, lame non-epic stories, without core RPG features like quest markers etc. (e.g Baldur's Gate) And now under EA they're making greatest RPG's ever. (e.g mentioned earlier DA2, Mass Effect 3, etc.)

So Larian, please sell yourself to EA!

Last edited by Shaki; 16/07/14 07:58 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Money does buy gratification though. I'd be pretty gratified right now if I had a Starbucks Frap.

Well ... I'll just hope that it wasn't EA knocking on their door and assume everything will work out.

EA have Bioware.

Yes, and I dislike EA. I also dislike DA2 and ME3's ending, thus I now dislike BioWare. Note that what I dislike about BioWare never started until after EA acquired them. But I could go on with a rant about this for way too long and I have better things to do with my time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The funny thing is, Larian is one of those studios of old that can still be collected by publishers, but having proven their worth they are in a position not to give up complete freedom (unlike ever before). It's the sheer will to make a game like they want it to be - not what some remote guy tells it to be - that made this game what it was. A publisher would be great if it would only do what it's supposed to do: invest, advertise and distribute. Not to mingle. Utopia.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I hope they stay independent.. There making tons of more money then working for a AAA publisher. But it's not easy for being independent, since one or two failed projects can be fatal. I just hope they know what there doing.

veteran
veteran

EA have Bioware.

Yes, and I dislike EA. I also dislike DA2 and ME3's ending, thus I now dislike BioWare. Note that what I dislike about BioWare never started until after EA acquired them. But I could go on with a rant about this for way too long and I have better things to do with my time.

You also missed the point completely. wink

WOOS
addict
addict

EA have Bioware.

You mean the terrible grammar? I just assumed you were from a non-English speaking country.

stranger
stranger
I hope they stay independant as well. Although they wont have the money backing you get from a big publisher they can do what they want and as yhey have proven here they can produce a classic game without the need for a publisher.

enthusiast
enthusiast
dont sell out to EA frown

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Hmmm what if EA bought Larian...

1. Larian renamed to "Bioware Belgium."

2. New features of next Divinity game:

A. Every NPC now bisexual and bangable.

B. Conversation system replaced by superior dialog wheel with black and white "good" and "evil" choices always in the same location so you can just hold down the same direction and not read anything.

C. Exciting Day 1 DLC which includes the ability to have companions and online play!

D. Dungeons made more "familiar" to the player because they all use a slightly reskinned version of the same map!

E. Quest markers added to remove dependence on "thought."

F. Turn based combat removed in favor of new "cinematic" system where you watch your characters do a bunch of fancy moves, and don't even have to bother controlling them if you don't want to.

Last edited by Creslin321; 16/07/14 08:44 PM.
veteran
veteran

You mean the terrible grammar? I just assumed you were from a non-English speaking country.

My grammar is all right. You can see a company as both, singular or plural, depending on whether you speak about the company as an entity or as a group of people.

My point was that EA already have a studio which makes party RPGs. It's highly unlikely that they would buy another studio for the same purpose.

WOOS
C
journeyman
journeyman
C

My grammar is all right. You can see a company as both, singular or plural, depending on whether you speak about the company as an entity or as a group of people.

My point was that EA already have a studio which makes party RPGs. It's highly unlikely that they would buy another studio for the same purpose.

They could theoretically buy them just to eliminate competition...but honestly I think that's unlikely.

RPGs aren't really EA's bread and butter, and they would probably have to pay Larian too much for a buyout given their recent success.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Creslin321

They could theoretically buy them just to eliminate competition...but honestly I think that's unlikely.

RPGs aren't really EA's bread and butter, and they would probably have to pay Larian too much for a buyout given their recent success.

I don't see how Bioware and Larian stand in any serious competition. And even if they made games for the same audience, games are not either/or products. Quite the opposite, you can sell more games in a strong genre with a huge general demand. There would only be competition if their games were released in the same week... wink

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
if EA bought them, each of the AI personality that was released in patch would instead be released as DLC

like the Rascal DLC - unlock a whole new AI personality!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by DragonCommander
if EA bought them, each of the AI personality that was released in patch would instead be released as DLC

like the Rascal DLC - unlock a whole new AI personality!

Only $4.99 per personality. Or, buy them all for the special bundle price of only $24.99! Act now, supplies are limited.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Creslin321

I don't see how Bioware and Larian stand in any serious competition. And even if they made games for the same audience, games are not either/or products. Quite the opposite, you can sell more games in a strong genre with a huge general demand. There would only be competition if their games were released in the same week... wink

That's true, I agree with you smile.

But I do think that EA does think about competition that way. Just look at what they did with their NFL/Madden deal to eliminate any football game competition in a Monopoly-esque fashion.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I can't think of any of the "big ones" buying Larian. Won't fit into their double tripple dipple AAA IP strategy.
Someone like Paradox maybe.

stranger
stranger
Beloved Larians,

please just don't give yourself to the corporate slaughterhouse. We want yet more games like D:OS, not like most of the resounding so-called rpgs of the past 10 years!

Sincerely,
your fan.

Seek your own truth. Always.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard