Next Thread
Print Thread
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
how dumb is that?

Storm seems to last, but gives no indicator, and also seems to target friendlies.

really bad for endgame spells.

Last edited by Adam_Nox; 17/07/14 05:28 PM.
Its called friendly fire. It happens. Don't like it, play Dragon Age II.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
DA2 was better than this, in several ways, though I prefer the first. The third is coming at least.

Your attitude is stupid btw, don't share.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
It's called friendly fire. You think it's dumb but you'd be surprised how often it happens in real wars. In the game though, it's learning the limits of your skills so you can use them better

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
In Magicka there's the lightning storm spell, which requires a lot of set-up in order to keep from destroying yourself, but if used correctly is absolutely devastating. I can accept that end-game spells can destroy your team if not used carefully, but in return I'd want incredible results when I *do* use them carefully. I haven't played around with end game spells yet so I don't how they work, but from my experience fighting enemies it seems like some end game spells (like meteor storm) are safer, more predictable, and do about as much damage. I'll reserve my opinion for when I get some of these spells, but I think the obvious rule of thumb is that spells with higher risk should have higher reward.

enthusiast
enthusiast
At the end of the game your team should have their magic resistance > 100% anyway, so at least for the fire based AOE spells hitting friendlies is a bonus.

veteran
veteran
There are at least a few spells that don't give a "you are going to damage this friendly" red-outline indicator, as they should be doing, which is a problem.

A
A
Originally Posted by Gyson
There are at least a few spells that don't give a "you are going to damage this friendly" red-outline indicator, as they should be doing, which is a problem.

So far that has been mostly the case for the simple "you stand in blood, you stand in water, you stand in whatever field and the spell will transform that field into something outschie. Blood is super funny in this case, I stopped counting how often a shocked my melees because they keep standing in pools of bloods when my lighting strikes the source of those pools ;-)

T
stranger
stranger
T
And thats why I put stun immunity talent or gear on my heroes smile

The dmg heals them because of 150% air resist lol

Last edited by Trooheadsa; 17/07/14 09:03 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Storm is good, especially for lone wolf type of play style or a party specifically meant to take no damage from air damage. Air immunity past 100%, stun immunity talent from level 5 air spells, and just cast it and let it do its thing now that you get healed from getting struck and can place blood or water all over the area for extra fun.

All the high level spells takes extra work except fire and maybe witchcraft. It is not a cast and forget or blow'em up without thinking skills. Low level skills are what you use for reliability, high level spells require more thoughts and effort to use effectively.

Link Copied to Clipboard