Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Are there any plans to make a way for those of us who didn't start with spells (such as Dust Devil, Walk In Shadows) to obtain these skills? Currently there are no vendors that sell these abilities and there seem to be no drops for them. My guess would be that this is unintended, as majority of the starting skills are obtainable and it only seems to affect a select few. Some of the affected spells are relatively game changing, and prevents players that are affected from playing the game the way they would like, for instance playing a rogue without walk in shadows is pretty bad!

Hopefully we can get someone from Larian to see this and fix this problem smile

Last edited by hysteria25; 19/07/14 08:04 AM.
stranger
stranger
Seconded for Whirlwind and Walk in Shadows.. was just wondering if there are any plans to change / fix this or if its totally intended?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by hysteria25
Are there any plans to make a way for those of us who didn't start with Dust Devil to obtain the skill?

That isn't true though.

It is rare, but you can buy it.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Originally Posted by dlux
Originally Posted by hysteria25
Are there any plans to make a way for those of us who didn't start with Dust Devil to obtain the skill?

That isn't true though.

It is rare, but you can buy it.

Personally, I have never seen it in around 100 hours or game play. I honestly cannot see why Larian would have implemented it like this considering there are so many other similar skills that have a decent chance of appearing in the vendors. It's almost like they've accidentally forgotten to add it to the vendor list...

Hopefully this thread becomes popular so we can get this sorted smile

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hi all!

First post here, i gotta say, this game is great, i'm also happy that they implemented the swapping of the hotbar with the last patch.

The only issue i'm also experiencing is the lack of certain skill books like "walk in shadows" or dust devil.

I can confirm that whirlwind however, is available, bought it from Aureus.

Maybe they have also changed the availability in the last patch? if not, i hope they will soon...

I read that Walk in shadows is available late in the game, but it doesn't really make much sense for a low level skill to otherwise not appear at all.
I went ranger without this skill and would now like to go into a rogue type of char, where i would really like to use Walk in shadows.
Now i'm thinking of starting over at lvl 8, since i don't like where my ranger is going.

Thanks for reading!

chwat

"Here lies Nazik, who also thinks YOUR name is weird"

-Graveyard, northeast of Cyseal
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I think the skill book spawning generator loves to troll me, I've seen seen 4 copies of one skillbook at the vendor but not the one I want

G
G
anyone actually know what the criteria are for the venders to refresh their books? is it game time, level or something else??

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
H
stranger
stranger
H
It's 100% sur when you're main character levelup and I think I got a vendor reset one more time when finishing a special quest (but not sure).

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Garod
anyone actually know what the criteria are for the venders to refresh their books? is it game time, level or something else??

The first time you speak to a character after a levelup.

E.g. you've spoken with Arhu, setting his inventory, and go out and adventure some more. Then you level up. The next time you talk to him, his inventory is restocked based on your level, while keeping all the items you've sold to him, and that will remain the new inventory until the next visit following a levelup.

(This allows one to save immediately before talking and rerolling inventory, so somebody really tired of e.g. the random skill books can generate the inventories as many times as they want per level by reloading until they get what they want --- unless they want one of the skills that don't show up at random on vendors.)

The levelup in question is tied to one of the two main characters, IIRC the one that is to the right in the panel when you design main characters at startup - other characters' levels are irrelevant.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
veteran
veteran
I have had vendors reset their inventories between level-ups a few times now. I'm not sure what causes it.. possibly the advancement of certain quests.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Unfortunately you can seem to reset your vendor as many times as you like, Walk in shadows will never appear there. that should be fixed in my opinion, especially since it's kind of an important skill for a rogue build...

"Here lies Nazik, who also thinks YOUR name is weird"

-Graveyard, northeast of Cyseal
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Originally Posted by chwat
Unfortunately you can seem to reset your vendor as many times as you like, Walk in shadows will never appear there. that should be fixed in my opinion, especially since it's kind of an important skill for a rogue build...

Same with Dust Devil. Pretty game breaking...

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
How do you completely level up so i can try save-load trick?. Because i always save one or two skill points to level up my main skill. I always level up when i kill monsters.

Last edited by gastovski; 17/07/14 08:51 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
This is one of those few terrible design decisions in this game.

I still havn't seen frostwall yet. I can't respec my warrior due to not being able to get the aoe skills again either. Sucks.

Other than that its a great game. Just make some books more easily available.

Last edited by Trooheadsa; 17/07/14 09:02 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Trooheadsa

I still havn't seen frostwall yet. I can't respec my warrior due to not being able to get the aoe skills again either. Sucks.

Mage spells tend to be craftable. If you get a scroll for frostwall (from crafting or adventuring), then you can put it into a skillbook that is also craftable (or as well can find or purchase).

The recipe for crafting water elements has changed so its harder to produce them in quanity. Obviously u can save scum if u really want it, and don't have enough mats.

Edit:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511616
Icewall needs crafting rank 3.

Last edited by blinkicide; 17/07/14 09:25 PM.
J
apprentice
apprentice
J

Better yet, ditch the skill books. They serve no useful purpose and just make trying to do a rudimentary task, leveling up, a pain.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Jabba

Better yet, ditch the skill books. They serve no useful purpose and just make trying to do a rudimentary task, leveling up, a pain.

i would agree with this.

i have a hard time calling it a feature when it boils down to:

level up
save next to vendor
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
quickload->check
finally!

i am not sure who would find that 'fun'

veteran
veteran
Dunno about you guys, but once I bought Whirlwind I even dropped Dust Wind from my quickbar, it was just useless overall.

Can't call that gamebreaking 0_o

T
T
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Dunno about you guys, but once I bought Whirlwind I even dropped Dust Wind from my quickbar, it was just useless overall.

Can't call that gamebreaking 0_o

Dust Devil is still useful even after you have Whirlwind because sometimes things don't quite die.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

This.

Not to mention that I have found all the skill books I need at the stores... no idea why so many are having problems. But if there is a problem, then it should be fixed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard