Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Organon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I'm having trouble finding all the star stones necessary for unlocking all the Homestead portals and opening the Source Temple door. I have 15 inert stones and no bloodstones. One Homestead portal is missing: the one above the chapel, on the west side.

I have no idea where the last stone could be. Is there a definitive list of star stones? The most comprehensive one I've seen is this one. I think I have all of the stones listed there.

Someone in another topic suggested brute-forcing the door, but I'm not sure I want to do that (for fear of triggering a bug further on and/or because I want to do it properly on the first playthrough).

EDIT: Actually, I made a mistake or encountered a bug. After initially failing to open the door, I started collecting the missing star
stones. I didn't check the door again, but instead traveled to my Homestead and checked whether Zizax would open the last portal and/or Icara would change her response to "Let's discuss my pursuit of the wizard" (which was "collect more star stones"). Now that I tried the door again with the 15 star stones, it opened. The last Homestead portal is still inactive, but Icara changed her response to "you've remembered so much"). Is this working as intended?

Last edited by Organon; 15/07/14 11:41 AM.
L
L
Yes, the last Portal is closed for me too. Maybe the Devs didn't complete the Game (Mega Dungeons)

enthusiast
enthusiast
From the design documents that are part of the DLC bonus:
Originally Posted by design documents
List of Star Stones and Blood Stones
Cyseal
-Star Stone on ground near exit to Luculla Forest
-Star Stone in the crime scene in the tavern
-Star Stone dropped by Braccus on death
-Blood Stone owned by Evelyn
Black Cove
-Blood Stone in the Pontius Pirate fight
Luculla
-Star Stone in the Immaculate Trial
-Star Stone on Mangoth if he hasn稚 sacrificed (becomes bloodstone if he has sacrificed)
-Blood Stone in the Maradino Lair
-Two Blood Stones in the Loic Cellar
-Blood Stone when destroying the totem in the goblin village.
Hiberheim
-Star Stone in the Boreas treasure room
-Blood Stone when destroying the Iron Maiden in the prison
Dark Forest
-Star Stone in the tomb at the end of the knightç—´ tomb
-Star Stone buried in the source temple near the teleportation mirror
-Blood Stone near Cassandraç—´ actual corpse in the Temple of the Dead

Last edited by eidolon; 15/07/14 03:11 PM.
O
Organon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Thanks for posting this!

I think those stones are important enough to the game's progress that the journal should actually keep track of them. And, after encountering the Source Temple door, it could also tell you how many stones you still need to collect -- this would spare players the effort to have to try the door every time they find another star stone.

old hand
old hand
I'm stuck here also - do we need ALL the stones or just enough ? I've dropped all my inert stones at the door and I have 12 inert stones. Also none of the portals (other than hall of hero @ end of time) are activacting. They are all inert.
-
You listed 15 above so in theory I am missing three. Do i have to find these three to move on or is there a bug (I'm partially concern because the portals @ end of time are remaining inert).
-
No clue which three i am missing but I do not remember seeing one in temple of the dead and i just went back and double checked based on your list above (is 'actual corpse' the place where it is buried or somewhere else) ?

O
Organon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Behind the grave where Cassandra's bones are buried, in the eye socket of the giant head.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I read somewhere that you only need 12 starstones. Not sure if that number is correct but I am convinced you dont need all of the stones becasue I had some bloodstones left in myinventory. After you unlock the chapel where you can buy the 100% resistance portions you are done with unlocking rooms and the temple door should open for you

Last edited by ViruZz; 17/07/14 12:45 PM.
L
L
You need to unlock every Room in Your Homestead to get in to the Source Temple, so 12 is right.

old hand
old hand
How do i make the telepoters in the homestead open? As I noted I have 12 inert stones so shouldn't they already be unlocked ?

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Yes if they are inert then the teleporters should have opened. If you look around the forum you can see people posting issues with portals not opening eventhough they activated starstones/bloodstones. So maybe you are one of those affected by that bug.

Last edited by ViruZz; 17/07/14 01:10 PM.
old hand
old hand
Is there a work around ? Btw I have fireballs falling in my homestead so I think I am quite far into the game. I am also level 20; almost 21.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
LOL. You got fireballs falling in your homestead? Well I assume you didnt kill the Giant Bloodstone then. North of the Immacualte Testingchambers is a lavapit with ruins. You have to get to the end of the ruins and kill the Giant Bloodstone.

old hand
old hand
Ok. I think I must have missed an area in phantom forest. I've found temple of dead and cassandra has died. I also found the door but I'm not sure what you are talking about with regards to lava pit and testing chamber. I did find tomb of the knight (blood trail) and I did find a bowl that I didn't understand (tried putting wheat in it but nothign happened). When I type 'M' for phantom forest I think I've uncovered the entire map 'ept for maybe north east edge. So maybe I missed something up that way ?

Originally Posted by ViruZz
LOL. You got fireballs falling in your homestead? Well I assume you didnt kill the Giant Bloodstone then. North of the Immacualte Testingchambers is a lavapit with ruins. You have to get to the end of the ruins and kill the Giant Bloodstone.

O
Organon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
The area ViruZz is talking about is back in Luculla forest.

old hand
old hand
That's really confusing because the fireballs dont' start falling till you get into phantom forest and the imp tells you the source is in phantom forest. Hum. I'll go back to lulla forest I guess - I'm just not sure which of the buildings was the testing chambers but maybe it is labelled. I did the part with the altar; and the spider - hum. maybe it will be obvious when i get home and check the map. I hope this fixest he problem with the homestead portals.

L
L
Originally Posted by meme
That's really confusing because the fireballs dont' start falling till you get into phantom forest and the imp tells you the source is in phantom forest. Hum. I'll go back to lulla forest I guess

Nah, your wrong. The Quest also starts if you get near the Big Blood Stone wink

old hand
old hand
Ok. The imp didn't warn me about hte attack till after I enter the phantom forest smile

Originally Posted by lordfiSh
Originally Posted by meme
That's really confusing because the fireballs dont' start falling till you get into phantom forest and the imp tells you the source is in phantom forest. Hum. I'll go back to lulla forest I guess

Nah, your wrong. The Quest also starts if you get near the Big Blood Stone wink

old hand
old hand
Well this sux royally. I destoryed the bloodstone but i still only have two portals lit (hall of heros and observation). And stupid zizax seems stuck in a loop where he keeps telling me to loop through to hall of heroes even though i've been there.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=515254&page=2

This thread is about ppl having the same issue. Send a report.zip file to the support team and hope for the best.

old hand
old hand
Ok thanks. I posted in that thread and will send a support email tomorrow. Support email are majorly pia since my windows box does not have mail access frown

Originally Posted by ViruZz
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=515254&page=2

This thread is about ppl having the same issue. Send a report.zip file to the support team and hope for the best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard