Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
RtM #522315 17/07/14 08:23 PM
addict
addict
Dishonored ain't that great of a game either. Sad.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dlux

Actually I find it pretty good but anyway, will probably lose the top spot once the sale is over (it's the Quakecon sale until July 21st). wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 17/07/14 08:46 PM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
Dishonored? I bought it, but didn't find it THAT good. How long does that promotion last?

Just a single day. All hope is not lost. The Dishonered sale is 1 day - there will be new sales every day to the 21st.

Last edited by Jacob Marner; 17/07/14 08:48 PM.
RtM #522334 17/07/14 08:48 PM
R
RtM Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Dishonored was OK but I lost interest pretty quickly. Now I hate it though. How dare it dethrone the king!! It had to sell itself for less than half its price. Pathetic. Has it no shame?

Last edited by RtM; 17/07/14 08:49 PM.
RtM #522335 17/07/14 08:50 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RtM
Dishonored was OK but I lost interest pretty quickly. Now I hate it though. How dare it dethrone the king!! It had to sell itself for less than half its price. Pathetic. Has it no shame?

Half? It's actually sold for less than 1/5 of its original price wink

WOOS
RtM #522345 17/07/14 08:57 PM
journeyman
journeyman
It's still been very successful for an indie and will probably be at the top, in the top 5/10, for the rest of the summer. I don't think this is any cause for alarm. This game has been a smashing success and the champagne should be popping for weeks to come over at Larian Studios.

Dishonored was a fun game of a different style. I probably liked it more because it challenged me not to be rambo and just whack everything in sight. For an action game it had some style and depth.

RtM #522367 17/07/14 09:09 PM
addict
addict
As an old school Thief (not the reboot) gamer, I really enjoyed Dishonored. It wasn't exactly the same type of gameplay, but it was close enough - with a few twists of its own - to be a really enjoyable experience.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jito463
As an old school Thief (not the reboot) gamer, I really enjoyed Dishonored. It wasn't exactly the same type of gameplay, but it was close enough - with a few twists of its own - to be a really enjoyable experience.

At least it was a TON better than the new Thief... meh

WOOS
RtM #522443 17/07/14 11:05 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
its out of the #1 spot temporarily because some otehr games are on sale, but it will be back

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LordCrash

At least it was a TON better than the new Thief... meh

Oh, absolutely. No argument here. It felt far more like classic Thief than Thief (2014) did.

RtM #522568 18/07/14 03:44 AM
veteran
veteran
It was also shortly dethroned by the Payday 2 Shotgun Pack (don't forget that), but regained it shortly there-after.

As for the Dishonered discussion, I personally found it rather dissapointing. Left it to get back in another time, never did... gathering Steam-dust as we speak...

RtM #522845 18/07/14 12:54 PM
G
G
Was disapointed with Dishonored as well... the preview made it show like this dark game of revenge and when I played it the story line promoted not killing anyone... so not that dark revenge game I was hoping for. Also found it really linear... would have expected it to be open world and not areas you need to stealth through.. so for me it could have been lots better.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dlux

its a good game, but point is its on a big sale so thats why it rose to #1, when sale is over then divinity will go back to #1

RtM #522915 18/07/14 02:16 PM
veteran
veteran
Please don't let this thread degenerate to some "bashing thread" just because another game achieves to win the top spot on Steam. We gamers shouldn't always be so negative and destructive and sometimes we should just accept that there are many good games and many people with different tastes. I for once am just sad that D:OS lost the top spot but I also hope that it will win it again after the Quakecon sale is over. wink

WOOS
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Garod
the story line promoted not killing anyone...

Were you playing a different game than me? The story constantly encouraged you to kill, although it did reward non-lethal styles with a calmer, more stable city (which is quite appropriate, in my opinion). After all, you were rescued to become an assassin for the loyalists. I'd say that's pretty encouraging toward the "kill all enemies" approach.

Mind you, I usually prefer playing non-lethal (as with most stealth games, when given the choice), though I did a recent lethal playthrough.

RtM #522923 18/07/14 02:25 PM
I am going to buy a copy of dishonored :P Can't beat the price really and I've been wanting it in my library for a while. It'll look nice next to Divinity:OS.

old hand
old hand
I honestly think that asking people to PAY for beta/alpha testing access is one of the core things wrong with today's games market. No one should pay to test a game, they should receive something for the effort they are willing to put into it.

Since it is a buyers option, I don't have a problem with Kick or EA. They lay it out... we decide. If they didn't do this, the product people are playing would probably be lesser than it is, so just thank all those that supported happily and of their own choice making your experience better. They couldn't afford what you ideally ask for.

journeyman
journeyman
the story line promoted not killing anyone...

Were you playing a different game than me? The story constantly encouraged you to kill, although it did reward non-lethal styles with a calmer, more stable city (which is quite appropriate, in my opinion). After all, you were rescued to become an assassin for the loyalists. I'd say that's pretty encouraging toward the "kill all enemies" approach.

Mind you, I usually prefer playing non-lethal (as with most stealth games, when given the choice), though I did a recent lethal playthrough.

Don't want to see this degenerate into a discussion of another game but can't let this pass:

Did you play the expansion centered on Daud? Daud was the assassin who kills the empress at the beginning. In the expansion he is driven by guilt to right the wrongs he committed in the initial game. However if you play Daud very lethally it sets up an encounter with Corvo where you beg for forgiveness and his decision is based entirely on how you've played up to that point. I don't think that game encouraged a "kill all enemies" approach at all.

RtM #522978 18/07/14 03:31 PM
A
addict
addict
A
Sadly DOS has been dethroned. To be honest, Dishonored is an awesome game. Hope DOS will regain it's throne during sales again!

RtM #523098 18/07/14 07:07 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
D:OS is back to #1. hehe

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard