Print Thread
#522475 17/07/14 11:55 PM
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
SPOILERS BELOW

So, I know that I need to read a book called "book" to open the stone door in the study to get the blood shard. But, there are not books on any of the shelves that are called "book". I have repeated this many times and still have never found that book on any of the book shelves...

Am I looking in the right place? Is it in the troll cave? or Witches Lair?

Need some advice, thanks

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
If u look at the stone door it is on the left side. It isnt in one of the bookshelves. It lies on top of one or something like that. Just press alt and u will see it.

O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
I appreciate that, when I get home tonight I will see if I can locate the book.

O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
So I'm back in the study and have looked left and right of the stone door and there is still no book.

I'm starting to wonder if my game is bugged...

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Are you holding the ALT key while looking around? this shows the names of items you can pickup or interact with.

O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Ya I am, I have grabbed every book. Just cant find the book that is called "book"

I think my game is bugged

L
L

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Bluestone
Are you holding the ALT key while looking around? this shows the names of items you can pickup or interact with.

I am having a huge issue with this. I'm on honour mode, so I can't load up a previous save file either. I spoke to Fred first, then the Imp (told him to stay). I fought the flower, dug up the key. Went into the study, picked up all books that I could, read them, made the potion for the imp. Well, I cannot give the potion to the imp or make him change his mind about moving. I also cannot pick up the item simply called, "book", on the left shelf. I see it, but I literally cannot grab it. No error, not you're too far away, it just won't let me get it. I had my party stand on the four pressure plates by the flower, but nothing happened. How the hell am I supposed to get past this? Does Fred give me a legit bloodstone or not? Very unhappy here...

Support
Support

You can not pick up the book in the EE; you just use it, like a button or lever. On PC using KB/mouse the cursor switches to the gears version when highlighting the book.

Link Copied to Clipboard