Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm struggling with this issue for a week now and this become more than annoying. The game is really greate but I can't play it like that. So I'll just be waiting for a fix and play something else meantime.

stranger
stranger
Game still crashes on save. Started a new game, played a bit and saved fine right before the very first battle with skeletons, then tried to save immediately after the battle and the game crashed. Ran the game again, loaded the save from just before the battle, again fought skeletons, tried to save - crashed again.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Game is still nearly unplayable. Quicksave is working, but the loading is causing freeze (endless load screen), or crashes. Autosave is still causing crash. waiting for the normal patch.

Sorry for my English.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Hello,

I have the same problem divided into two forms :
* the game crashes sometimes on save (the client exits)
* the quicksave saves indefinitely, without stopping ever.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Just for those who wonder, i tried starting a new game to see if the load/save issue remained after the few patches. It does. Quick & manual save both freeze and/or crash the game. And unfortunately, it doesn't actually save when the game crashes, like I have read in some posts above. Maybe it's just me though.

I'm starting to wonder if they're even capable of fixing it.

stranger
stranger
Also experiencing this problem, although on a 64bit system (Win8.1 Update 1). Have been in contact with Larian via email, but apart from recommending disabling SLi (which has made no difference) they haven't been able to suggest anything useful.

Have been following development of this game for ages (and played the hell out of the previous entries in the series) and had been rather looking forward to playing it, but at present I'm spending more time looking through these forums and this thread than actually playing the game. Crashing on save seems to be the sort of issue that one would think would be caught during playtesting...

C
stranger
stranger
C
Ok. so Iv'e been desperately searching for a way to fix the save crash/loop problem. Patches didn't fix them but i think i might have found a temporary solution. The problem with the save crashing occurs when one save overwrites another. So in the game settings, i changed the quicksave number to 8, and in-game, once i reached the 7th quicksave, i deleted all the previous ones except the latest one. This allowed me to once again keep saving . Iv'e been playing like this for 2 hours without any crashes. It might not work for everyone but it's worth a shot.

M
M
I wonder if all this crashing and file writing-overwriting has anything to do with Permissions??? Try running the .exe "As an Administrator" and see if that solves anything. You could also try installing the game somewhere other than Program Files or Program Files (x86) folders or even root C:\ directory. I install some things into C:\Users\"Username"\Apps, where Apps is a folder I made for random programs.

My friend and I have been playing co-op ever since v1.0.36 original release and neither of us has experienced a SINGLE crash in neither Co-Op Mode nor Single Player Mode. He has a 3570K @ 4.4Ghz, R9 290 (overclocked), 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 8.1 Update 1. What I have is in my sig.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I am also having the issue were the game just keeps saving forever. I am no game programmer or anything, but could the issue here being that people just don't have enough RAM for this? As stated above from Monarch, both him and his friend don't have issues with 8GB. I on the other hand with 4 cant save the game, yet the game run completely smooth on the settings on put it on.

Maybe the problem with saving is how much of the world is loaded at once (I assume it is a lot the furthest I've gotten is a little bit in the graveyard after the town) and there are no (real) loading screens before or after, so maybe with the lack of RAM people have a problem with saving all of this massive world at once? I could also be completely wrong, this is just a guess.

R
RtM Offline
R
Any news on when the next update will be and if a fix for the save bug will be included?

V
stranger
stranger
V
I'm having the same problem as every one else here. The game crashes on saving randomly. Usually it's been working fine for a hour or so... than *bang*! Sometimes, it also crash on loading.

I'm running the game on a Win-Vista 32 bits machine.

I hope they fix the problem soon... it's *very* annoying.

Last edited by Vanedor; 21/07/14 04:12 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I've solved the problem with the save crash bug following the instructions posted by the user Boston in page 2.

It works fine for me.

Last edited by serperga; 21/07/14 06:19 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T

Originally Posted by Boston
I had been having the "infinite save" bug happening, and found a solution over on the Steam forum's that worked, and may for you if you're using a 32-bit system.

My System:
Windows 7 32-bit
AMD Phenom II X2 955 3.2GHz
8GB Ram (2.92GB usable)
AMD Radeon HD 6800

Steps 1 and 2 below worked for me. I didn't try them separately, but my feeling is this is a memory issue. I set memory at what the instructions say, not 3008.

I found that increasing the maximum allocated memory windows allows for applications drastically reduced the number of crashes I'm having and helps speed up the save and loading although it still slow compared to 64bit machines.

NOTE: ONLY FOR 32bit Windows versions with 4GB+ Ram installed on the machine.

STEP 1: Allocate more memory

Follow the instructions here:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=477192&an=
(I set mine to 3008, DO NOT set any higher than 3096)

To RESET the windows to default values here is the command:
bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa
(http://windows7themes.net/en-us/32-...increase-ram-used-by-single-application/)

STEP 2: Create a shortcut with administrator privileges

In Steam go to Library, right click Divinity original Sin -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files -> Go to "Shipping" -> Right Click EoCApp.exe and create a desktop shortcut.

Then right click the new shortcut -> properties -> Compatibility -> TICK "Run this program as an administrator".

Run the game from this shortcut instead of the one steam created for you.

STEP 3: If your game is still slow or crashes:
From the game settings, remove shadows, put Antialiasing to trilinear and lower any other settings until your game runs smoothly.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Make sure you are running a command prompt AS AN ADMINISTRATOR when assigning or reseting the memory value.
For the change to take effect you need to restart your machine.
Before playing the game each time, close as many programs as possible.
Make sure to reset the values once you will no longer play the game or if you are having problems with other programs crashing. (Just note it somewhere to remember to change it in the future)

This advice step 1-2 help my save crash

R
RtM Offline
R
You are both my heroes. Tested the first step alone and was able to load areas multiple times without a crash and I am currently on my 4 save. 2 quick saves and two full. It's amazing. Thank you smile

Today was the first time I quit the game because I ran out of time. Not out of pure frustration or a crash. thankyou

Last edited by RtM; 22/07/14 12:47 AM.
stranger
stranger
Almost certainly this is a memory management/overrun issue that Larian needs to fix. All the 'fixes' suggested here (PAE/LAA) simply act to ameliorate the symptoms rather than treat the cause by giving the game process access to a larger chunk of memory, therefore delaying the onset of crashes. The fact that these crashes are occurring on save/load leads me to suspect that data from the previous session isn't being flushed properly.

In my case, with a 64-bit OS and 16GB of RAM, I suspect that I am experiencing these crashes with the same frequency as those of you on x86 systems or with less RAM primarily due to the high resolution I'm running the game at (5760x1080), which is requiring a larger working set. I'd be interested to hear if anyone playing on surround or high-res (eg. 4K) systems is also experiencing the same frequency of crashes.

R
RtM Offline
R
Havent had a single crash since pulling off that "hack"

F
flt Offline
stranger
stranger
F
First of all, this is a very nice, enjoyable game. Congratulations!

The save issues have NOT been solved with any update, and when so many users report them one should expect Larian studios to finally solve that extremely annoying problem.

As it is now, the game simply hangs at every some save operations, and this means:
- every time a stop by task manager and complete restart provoking your patience
- every time a pure waste of time and boring need to replay 10-15 minutes (if you save more frequently you just get the hangs faster, if you save later, you may have lost half an hour)

This way this game is just no useable at all, and I expect Larian studios to change that fast.
It is not our task to find murky, doubtful workarounds (or even some requiring readjusting after using them) for the most basic functionality of a game.

Come on guys: fix the basics before doping anything else!

Last edited by flt; 23/07/14 02:20 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Could we please have an update on the load/save issue? Just an acknowledgment this is looked at. Because when seeing the patchnotes claming the save bug has been fixed, I fear for the priority of this issue.

We only want to play your game!

Last edited by fonq; 23/07/14 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
Support
Support

It is still being looked at.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've registered just to say "hack" worked for me and I can enjoy this fantastic game. (other stuff didn't work). I hope it will be fixed soon though

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard