Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
veteran
veteran

WOOS
N
stranger
stranger
N
Wow...that 68 review was basically the reviewer trying to be snarky and egotistic while oozing a personal vendetta against Larian. He really didn't even review the game as he was too busy trying to insult Larian themselves. I guess Larian forgot to send him free prostitutes and money under the table for a 95 review score...oh wait that's EA and the bunch.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Wow guys, could you please keep a sober tone? No need to call us paid off assholes. We're people too, with a genuine interest in games and game companies.

But anyways, here's my review. It's in danish, but a google translate can do wonders, if you're really interested:

http://dk.ign.com/divinity-original-sin-pc-1/59672/review/divinity-original-sin-anmeldelse#

Last edited by Nass; 16/07/14 09:19 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Nass
Wow guys, could you please keep a sober tone? No need to call us paid off assholes. We're people too, with a genuine interest in games and game companies.

But anyways, here's my review. It's in danish, but a google translate can do wonders, if you're really interested:

http://dk.ign.com/divinity-original-sin-pc-1/59672/review/divinity-original-sin-anmeldelse#

But you are. You have to be the paid assholes to blame.
Makes (some) gamers life much easier.
Scores are bought, and anyone but me is a fanboy or worse, a corporate zombie lemming.

veteran
veteran

Wish I could read it...

Any I for once don't believe in this "all reviewers are paid off" bs.

Last edited by LordCrash; 16/07/14 09:58 PM.

WOOS
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Wish I could read it...

The very very short version is that it's the best RPG I have had the pleasure of in a long, long time. 9/10.

The slightly shorter (edit: longer), yet still short version is that it brings back what I enjoy about my definition of more classic RPGs, yet Larian could have enjoyed some pointers in user friendliness.

I want to make sure however, that you understand that I don't believe that user friendliness = lack of depth. No what we're missing are some more explanations of cause/effect in relation to character building, but also a more managable inventory. I, for one, was mighty confused when I found out Bully doesn't work on spells (It doesn't, does it?), even though it simply states all damage. Small stuff like that, that's annoying to have wasted a Trait on later, simply because of bad explanations.

My biggest gripe is with the Co-op dialogue system, but I have started getting used to it now, and I enjoy exhcanging dialogue with my friend over Skype.

Last edited by Nass; 16/07/14 10:09 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Knallfix

But you are. You have to be the paid assholes to blame.
Makes (some) gamers life much easier.
Scores are bought, and anyone but me is a fanboy or worse, a corporate zombie lemming.

I guess you're right. It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

veteran
veteran

Wish I could read it...

The very very short version is that it's the best RPG I have had the pleasure of in a long, long time. 9/10.

The slightly shorter (edit: longer), yet still short version is that it brings back what I enjoy about my definition of more classic RPGs, yet Larian could have enjoyed some pointers in user friendliness.

I want to make sure however, that you understand that I don't believe that user friendliness = lack of depth. No what we're missing are some more explanations of cause/effect in relation to character building, but also a more managable inventory. I, for one, was mighty confused when I found out Bully doesn't work on spells (It doesn't, does it?), even though it simply states all damage. Small stuff like that, that's annoying to have wasted a Trait on later, simply because of bad explanations.

My biggest gripe is with the Co-op dialogue system, but I have started getting used to it now, and I enjoy exhcanging dialogue with my friend over Skype.

Sounds all reasonable to me. And I agree that some deep systems are not that clear like they should be. I mentioned the same for some other systems. It didn't bother my experience that much but it's nevertheless a bit lacking. But it's also something Larian might be able to fix or improve sooner or later.

Thanks for your answer. smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 16/07/14 10:14 PM.

WOOS
N
stranger
stranger
N

Sounds all reasonable to me. And I agree that some deep systems are not that clear like they should be. I mentioned the same for some other systems. It didn't bother my experience that much but it's nevertheless a bit lacking. But it's also something Larian might be able to fix or improve sooner or later.

Thanks for your answer. smile

No problem.

And yes, as my friend told me when we were giggling like schoolgirls after a 10 hour session: "Imagine how much further this game could be taken with patches and the toolkit!"

And I agree.

If coop dialogue is fixed, and some of the tooltips are fleshed out along with a more extended toolkit.. Stuff like that would raise it from Great to Perfect.

veteran
veteran
Well, when we look at how much after-release support Larian already put into the game so far (and it's only two weeks after release) a lot of issues might be improved/fixed in the upcoming weeks, editor usability and stability included. This game can actually only become better over time and I have no doubts it will.

WOOS
N
stranger
stranger
N

This isn't your forums though, but feel free to delete and edit your own forum if you don't like what you see. Also YES some review sites DO deserve to be harshly judge. For example:

1) the 68 review was basically full of blantant slander (reviewer claims nobody wants this game...when it had a very successful kickstarter and still the #1 best seller game on steam and GoG). Also he goes on a insult raid against Larian themselves. There is little context of the actual game itself and even then his complains are confusing and vague.

2) The CheatCC review was laughably based on a build over 7 months ago complete with alpha screenshots and severely outdated information. However, they passed it as a full game review. I believe they were doing it for the site hits - which realistically is a thing.

That being said, I do like your review as I can tell you actually went through the game a good ways and objectively discuss the faults (many which I share). I think those reviews are legit and should be more encouraged through the industry - which sadly is not the case currently. Scores don't exactly matter much to me personally as much as the actual context of the review itself.

Sorry to take a harsh tone (and don't take it personally), but gamers need to speak up against poor reviews where the reviewer obviously did not play the game or had a one minded track coming in to smear the game as much as they can.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by NightRayne

This isn't your forums though, but feel free to delete and edit your own forum if you don't like what you see. Also YES some review sites DO deserve to be harshly judge. For example:

1) the 68 review was basically full of blantant slander (reviewer claims nobody wants this game...when it had a very successful kickstarter and still the #1 best seller game on steam and GoG). Also he goes on a insult raid against Larian themselves. There is little context of the actual game itself and even then his complains are confusing and vague.

2) The CheatCC review was laughably based on a build over 7 months ago complete with alpha screenshots and severely outdated information. However, they passed it as a full game review. I believe they were doing it for the site hits - which realistically is a thing.

That being said, I do like your review as I can tell you actually went through the game a good ways and objectively discuss the faults (many which I share). I think those reviews are legit and should be more encouraged through the industry - which sadly is not the case currently. Scores don't exactly matter much to me personally as much as the actual context of the review itself.

Sorry to take a harsh tone (and don't take it personally), but gamers need to speak up against poor reviews where the reviewer obviously did not play the game or had a one minded track coming in to smear the game as much as they can.

Well, first of all, me asking for a sober tone is not me trying to moderate these forums; it's common politeness. But this is the internet, I know.

While I agree with you, I need to point out that you need to separate your disagreements.

When I say "paid off", i'm referring to large companies paying off reviewers to get high scores.

What you're referring to is simply sloppy craftmansship and personal vendettas, which has nothing to do with being bought and paid - just keep that in mind, since we are speaking past one another, otherwise.

I wholeheartedly agree on objecting against poorly done reviews, 100%, as I love my craft and hate to see it slandered, but I can guarantee you that a harsh tone doesn't promote either a) healthy debates or b) your credibility. This is not just for you, this is for anyone wanting to be taken serious, ever.

But let's not drag this out (which tends to happen, again; internet), as I think we agree (in our delightful gamer hearts)!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Some 68 review came in. I was surprised there was no discussion about it. I scanned the review without really analyzing the sort, and I just laughed that it was being compared with Dragon Commander.

Last edited by henryv; 18/07/14 04:28 AM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
G
Garod Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Frustrating review, but right score. This one looks like a translation of one we already saw which contained incorrect info, really old screenshots.. *sighs*

9/10
http://www.gamer.nl/review/497211/divinity-original-sin-voortreffelijke-rpg?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamerheadlines+(Gamer.nl+-+Headlines)

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
A
stranger
stranger
A

N
stranger
stranger
N
sooo many 90/100 lol. Glad this game is doing well more or less on the review front.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by henryv
Some 68 review came in. I was surprised there was no discussion about it. I scanned the review without really analyzing the sort, and I just laughed that it was being compared with Dragon Commander.

Link below if you want it.

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/speaking-inanimate-objects-divinity-original-sin/

It is part of the metacritic score average. Thankfully the avergae critic score is still above 85s although user score is 90s with 800+ users voting on it.

Last edited by henryv; 19/07/14 12:15 AM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/speaking-inanimate-objects-divinity-original-sin/

It is part of the metacritic score average. Thankfully the avergae critic score is still above 85s although user score is 90s with 800+ users voting on it.

Was already posted and discussed that review a while ago here. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 19/07/14 12:26 AM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast

Was already posted and discussed a while ago here. wink

Oh that's why my post was ignored despite the low score. thanks for informing me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Proof that reviews are completely pointless and no one with an IQ over 50 should bother with them is that we have some "professional" reviews below 70 and others 95, even 100. Yes, i know that's why averages are there but it's realy ridiculous and unprofessional to see reviews so far from the average. If the games were to be reviewed with clean professional standards than the scores should be closer to the average, right? It's basicaly just personal tastes of people we don't know trying to seem "professional" and "experienced" wich is a full load of BS.

If reviews are informative and professional that we feel that personal tastes are puting aside and the journalist is being objective i can understand, but the industry is being flooded with "personal reviews" that serve no purpose.

Also for the love of god i can't understand users 100 or 10/10 scores, as i can't undersand 0 user reviews. It's just absurd to say the game is perfect or so bad that it doesnt even deserve 1 point.

Simply pointless system.From now on I'll make my own mind in any game i'm looking to purchage based on gameplay videos and ignore all reviews, thank you. Very disapointed with this whole review industry, it's realy way worse than i thought in the beggining.

Last edited by KnightPT; 19/07/14 02:51 AM.
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard