Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Wakrob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Not sure if its just since the patch but I can only make Witchcraft blank scrolls with Pixie Dust and paper right now.

Used to be a random scroll type.

P
P
The recipes have been changed so that you have to use Fire/Water/Air/Earth Essence to make blank scrolls. Pixie dust is only for Witchcraft scrolls now.

W
Wakrob Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Thats pretty lopsided. You get waaaay more Pixie Dust then essences.

Yay for witches! Seriously tho, sucks for everyone else smirk

L
stranger
stranger
L
I had to register just to post this complaint. I feel this is a totally unfair change as Stardust/Moonstones and Bones are a very common ingredient + multiple vendors sell Pixie Dust including one that restocks 4+ regularly making it a very common ingredient, yet Witchcraft represents only 1/5 of the magic tree.

Given the difficulty of finding skill books, with the RNG factor included, I specifically leveled Crafting to [5] to make skill books so I can actually access skills at the appropriate level.

Now that its locked behind Essences which are exceptionally rare and very useful elsewhere, it seems that the only way to balance it out is the reverse the change back to where it was... or... add a new way to create essences?

Maybe Pixie Dust + Fire Resistance Potion = Fire Essence

Just a thought to help balance it back out without just adding them as a common vendor sell... Please fix... having skills gated behind book RNG isn't fun IMO... at least through crafting I could "discover" them with a little effort.

P
P
The patch notes said Essence is now used because the cards said so. Bleh. Just keep pixie dust for random scrolls and use essence for guaranteed elemental scrolls.

Or be nice and let people pick the type of scroll, still using just pixie dust.

Or add an arena where you can fight for stuff laugh

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Essences are too valuable to use for anything but the rarest of skill books.
I like being able to make specific spell scrolls, but the opportunity cost is too high now.

stranger
stranger
This is seriously the WORST change. I hope Larian actively reads these boards and changes this recipe back. Pixie Dust + Paper for randoms. Essence + Paper for guaranteed scrolls please.

enthusiast
enthusiast
essence becomes close to useless once you have access to tenebrium

enthusiast
enthusiast
I actually think it's far better to have specificity in the formula. It's not a bad change at all.

The only issue is that it might make a lot of sense to increase the availability of the elemental essences, or to create formulas so that you can craft those as well.

This is just about the worst thought out change ever. Thanks for the arbitrary nerf, Larian! You should consider running an MMO!

Last edited by Damar Stiehl; 27/07/14 02:54 PM.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
S
S
Essences was useless, because using ruby and getting all four resistances instead of only one, is a much better idea. With this change, at least there is some use for them.

Last edited by Shaki; 27/07/14 03:12 PM.
If they weren't as scarce as they are, maybe we could talk about it.

I have a metric crapton of pixie dusts, so I didn't have to think twice about crafting disposable items with it. Scrolls are meant to be relatively plentiful and very disposable. Essences are found once in a blue moon, so the only reason I would use them now to create an elemental scroll is to save/reload until I get a rare spell and then make it into a skillbook. And oh yeah, I need blank scrolls for blank skillbooks too.

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
S
S
Originally Posted by Damar Stiehl
If they weren't as scarce as they are, maybe we could talk about it.

Scarce? I had at least 20 of each essence at the end of the game. Elementals in the end of time have essences, many other vendors too, and they restock every time you level up, if i recall correctly. Also they are common in loot.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
I personally did not have a problem with too few essences. Once I realized how useful they were, I just bought them every time a vendor was selling them. Not like you can't spare the gold. Ended the game with 15+ of each type, and more than 300,000 gold.

Of course by that point I had already found or crafted or bought all the skillbooks I ever wanted.

Link Copied to Clipboard