#522930 18/07/14 02:35 PM
N
NoClue Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hi all,

I've just started playing D:OS 2 days back(awesome game btw), and I've just completed everything in Cyseal. As far as I know, I've done almost all the quests and covered the main arcs.

I'm currently lvl10 and just started to venture to Lucalla. I've been given an assortment of quests but I have no idea which to start. I'm currently stuck at the basement of the white witch, I can't seem to defeat the boss there(Valenna or smth, the one that summons the earth elementals).

Am I underleveled or trying to complete the wrong quest?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Me too. I'm really confuse on what to do, there's no direction. But I think that's just half the fun...

I was able to defeat Valenna by constantly stunning (or freeze) her, and destroying her summon's with my Witch (the skill that instantly destroy summoned creatures).

T
stranger
stranger
T
Your on the right track. Pretty sure that if your fresh out of Cyseal u'll want to find the witch first, everything u need to progress is in that cave smile

N
NoClue Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Wow okay...I have a ranger along with a wizard and of course, Jahan and Madora...can't seem to defeat her. The elementals hit wayyyy too hard for me to survive...any tips? Problem is, only Jahan has water skills.

N
stranger
stranger
N
By the way if you defeat Valenna first, then her dog will turn neutral and stop attacking you. Also rangers can learn the skill to silence their target.

You can also cast teleportation to Valenna and drop her in-front of Madora, so Madora can knock and pin her down. After that cast midnight oil around Valenna or chill her to prevent her from escaping.

If you're not able to stop Valenna from summoning, then you could try charming the summoned creature (I don't know if this work for summoned creatures).

For me, I just constantly use the touch skills, e.g. lightning / freezing / burning touch. smile

If you're finding the fight a bit rough, you can actually do some of the other quests in Lucalla that are intended for lv 12+. This may seem backwards, but in 2 play throughs so far, I have yet to enter the White Witch's home earlier than level 15.

By then the entire thing is a walk in the park.

I wouldn't recommend waiting that long, but you can certainly get another level or 2 under your belt to help make the fight easier.

N
NoClue Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Thanks, managed to take her down after buying a few CC skillbooks. Manage to kill her before she could summon the earth elementals.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Did you also spare her dog? laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard