#522507 18/07/14 01:15 AM
W
whyibs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Hello,

I used the search function first but I didn't want to run into spoilers so please bear me with me if this answer is out there.

When doing the Murder quest chain, I tried to intimidate the mortician but failed, now he won't talk so I have to find an alternative way to progress with the story.

My question is the following:

Is it possible to PROGRESS from that point WITHOUT committing any act of theft/breaking and entering? I'm supposed to look for evidence but my characters abide by the law, so anything in red is a no-no.

Please let me know if it's possible but DO NOT give me the solution, ill spend a few more hours trying to find it!

Thanks!!!

journeyman
journeyman
Good question.

If there is a way to fully complete this without at least one B&E, I have not found it yet.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
absolutely. one of my runs i skipped the mortician completely and nothing impeded me at all with the case. (usually i'll murder him just for fun and so the legion guard can say some vigillante came and took the law into their own hands =D ) The game runs so dynamically that there can usually be a few ways to attack and solve the missions

W
whyibs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Isiil
absolutely. one of my runs i skipped the mortician completely and nothing impeded me at all with the case. (usually i'll murder him just for fun and so the legion guard can say some vigillante came and took the law into their own hands =D ) The game runs so dynamically that there can usually be a few ways to attack and solve the missions

But did you do this without any breaking and entering and/or stealing?

B&E = Entering locked room that you're not "supposed" to go in to because the door is red instead of yellow.

Last edited by whyibs; 18/07/14 02:27 PM.
L
L
Its not possible.
"any act of theft/breaking and entering"... wtf?

W
whyibs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Originally Posted by lordfiSh
Its not possible.
"any act of theft/breaking and entering"... wtf?

Was trying to do a full "Lawman" play through, where they never steal or go in anyone's home they are not 'invited' into.

L
stranger
stranger
L
How on earth are you making any money by not stealing all that gold plateware, cups, paintings, and utensils? lol

W
whyibs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Bartering skill + questing.. my characters aren't in full gear but so far I haven't found myself needing money nor under geared laugh

We'll see if it stays that way!

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
As far as I can tell it's impossible to finish this quest without doing anything illegal. You either have to enter Person A's cellar to find things and get information, which leads to some events that give you access to Person B's house and an item you need to finish the murder case, or you have to enter Person B's locked house.

Also, given the part you just got done with, you already seem to have done some graverobbing. So there ;P

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah isn't digging up graves illegal?

hehe

W
whyibs Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Great point guys. Thank you Daris I imagined as much was needed to complete the quest both cellar and person B's house as you mentioned I was just trying to avoid the breaking and entering on both ends.

I suppose I could look at it as "necessary" since no one will ever hand over evidence of them being guilty anyways.

Thanks for help to all!

/thread

Link Copied to Clipboard