Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shaya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
As the topic says can we make changes to the UI layout?

So we can have more skills on screen at one time, plus change around the reversed button layout they've gone with for this game? (yes just changing them around would help alot, hate the current layout).

apprentice
apprentice
As far as I can tell, the UI is one of the few parts of the game that isn't easily moddable. It's probably possible at some level, but not as easy as changing other parts of the game.

P
Psi Offline
stranger
stranger
P
OMG yes, with all the innovative ways games have advanced, how did the current UI survive to make it to launch? AT LEAST allow multiple bars and placement/scaling.. Just the number of skills/potions/scrolls/spells/etc is so overwhelming and can completely fill the 3 provided bars.. You'd think Larian could have taken a page out of World of Warcraft and add a few more bars. smirk

S
Shaya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
We have 5 bars to play with now, since patch. A step in the right direction ^^

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
you'd have to reverse-engineer the shockwave (or adobe) flash-files...since they don't provide the base files, which is understandable.
Not sure about the legality of doing so ^^
Freeware-tools just can extract ressource-files (ie audio, movie etc), but if you want to change the interface, you 'd need either a paid program (read: usually _very_ costly) or the source...

Last edited by valky; 17/07/14 12:31 AM.
Originally Posted by valky
you'd have to reverse-engineer the shockwave (or adobe) flash-files...since they don't provide the base files, which is understandable.
Not sure about the legality of doing so ^^
Freeware-tools just can extract ressource-files (ie audio, movie etc), but if you want to change the interface, you 'd need either a paid program (read: usually _very_ costly) or the source...

I just hit that brick-wall now with my 4-Player mod. I am amazed I managed to get so far though, which goes to show a combination of lstools and toolkit can prove successful.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I think I have the full adobe package at work to my biding, but am a bit rusty when it comes to flash ^^ Feels like I'm very old, cause I did some shit in there like ages ago, though I only did like the actionscripting.
Not sure, how powerful the new flash CC has become, when it needs (or if it can) ~to handle the compiled files. I still think you'd need a separate tool/program to 'unpack' it, but I assume you'll lose some information embedded into. If I'd have the source on the other hand... :_> *veg*

Might check ...

Last edited by valky; 17/07/14 01:32 AM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
just wtf...managed to convert the bottombar back to *fla, opened it and was pretty much overwhelmed.

I think it can be done by at least doubling the action bar, and maybe (maybe!!!) add 2 overlay hotkeys to switch between the 5 bars - though not sure if they will override the ingame interface or if they are being blocked.
Also the additional bar might be only accessible by mouse clicks, hence the script(s), doesn't care where the buttons are finally placed; only in combination with additional keyboard commands it could be tricky.

The bar alone uses 41 (!) different actionscripts + the embedded masterscript. AS 3.0 is quite different from the times I used to do things with AS 1.0 / 2.0 ...

K
stranger
stranger
K
What did you use to extract/convert the .SWF?

The only tools I found that are able to do that are really expensive.

just wtf...managed to convert the bottombar back to *fla, opened it and was pretty much overwhelmed.

I think it can be done by at least doubling the action bar, and maybe (maybe!!!) add 2 overlay hotkeys to switch between the 5 bars - though not sure if they will override the ingame interface or if they are being blocked.
Also the additional bar might be only accessible by mouse clicks, hence the script(s), doesn't care where the buttons are finally placed; only in combination with additional keyboard commands it could be tricky.

The bar alone uses 41 (!) different actionscripts + the embedded masterscript. AS 3.0 is quite different from the times I used to do things with AS 1.0 / 2.0 ...

Are you able to recompile the extract and have it work ingame? (even with no changes)

If so, can you provide the name of the program?

My decompilers have only been able to extract the material, but haven't been able to produce something within the game that works, even if I do not make any changes.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 18/07/14 02:19 PM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
First off:

^^

Though, some mouse clicks are behaving weird, it just uses skill 5. Keyboard works...did draw some rectangles only to see if it is working fine within the game (maybe thats the cause...). And it looks like some font is missing too...
But it is kinda working wave

Oh, tested 2 programs as well, one freeware and 1 'test-version' but both wanted export either nothing or only the basic stuff.
Sent this over to a friend of mine and he finally was able to pull it off using 'Sothink SWF Decompiler'

Will give it some further try, once I am able to close that friggin' game :> and that might be _not_ today

Last edited by valky; 18/07/14 03:04 PM.
Thanks Valky, Have been using Trillix on this end. That basically exported all the actionscripts and images, but when I tried recompiling (Flash CC 2014) to test in game, it simply just crashes. I tried SoThink trial-edition but that didn't export anything at all.

Though, it could be related to me changing the characterCreator and not the bar either, so more things to go wrong.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 18/07/14 03:13 PM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Did ye recompile using Flash 9.0 compatibility? THat's what the original files are...could be the cause, depending on how they implemented flash support or if it uses local resources instead.

If on the other hand it might be really that easy to get it working and get rid of the 2 minor issues I had, then I highly guess, re-creating the bottombar should be fine.

[Now that I think of it, I used a prior patched unpacked game.pak anyway, sounds like a sporting challenge to get it somehow flawless working first ^^]

Did ye recompile using Flash 9.0 compatibility?

I have been compiling with Flash 13, the minimum I can do is 10.3...

I will retry it with 10.3, but if it is failing due to Flash 9, I won't be impressed.

Edit: Still a crash using that. Assuming if it is a compile issue. From some googling, it might actually be the cause, looking for the global.swc for flash 9 so I can resolve it.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 18/07/14 03:28 PM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
CC doesn't support Flash 9.0 and below while publishing? w00t?
CS6 = flash 5.0 up to 11.4 .... and stuff for AIR & Lite

I assume they used 9.0 on purpose, since I doubt they implemented different Flash active X stuff...for compatibility issues and whatever else.

Last edited by valky; 18/07/14 03:36 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm confused - does this mean that for the best result, it should be decompiled into Adobe Flash CS3(v9)?

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Mace
I'm confused - does this mean that for the best result, it should be decompiled into Adobe Flash CS3(v9)?

Friend of mine mentioned, it uses flash 9.0 format while decompiling. While I was checking the freeware and Trillix (even if it didn't work for me) it does show that info as well.

Yes, the issue was because of version 9. Thank you Valky, managed to find out now why it is crashing!

Link Copied to Clipboard