Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Imarion Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,
I'm trying to upgrade some weapons at the Cyseal whetstone behind the abandoned house.

I could upgrade the 2 handed level 7 legendary sword my fighter is using (he is my crafter as well) but when I try with the weapons of my other characters I get the message "not enough room".
I unequipped the sword but same issue.
The weapons are:
lvl 5 unique mace called "Baston" in french (Brawler ?)
lvl 6 ordinary (white) staff
lvl 6 rare (green) bow.

I also tried to move away all other characters, keeping only the crafter close to the whetstone to no avail.

Anybody had this issue ?

I play the game in french so maybe the game is trying to tell me I do not enough CR or BS, but I guess if I can upgrade a lvl 7 legendary the other should be fine as well.

[Edit] Tried again.
It looks like the game thinks I want to drop down the weapon instead of upgrading it. That is why it tells me there is not enough room.
So my guess is that I can't upgrade staves or bow with the whetstone.

Imarion

Last edited by Imarion; 18/07/14 05:07 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
You can not upgrade these weapons with the whetstone ... to upgrade a bow you need a bowstring and to upgrade mace/staff you need a moonstone.

Imarion Offline OP
OP Offline
Waow fast answer smile

Thanks smile

Imarion

journeyman
journeyman
^

You are getting that error because the game is trying to place those weapons ON the whetstone, because they cannot be used with it.

The same thing happens when you try to place non-applicable items on the furnace. The error will read, "Too high." because it is instead trying to place the item on top of the furnace stack.

Last edited by Ailurophile; 18/07/14 05:10 PM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
If that further helps, what you can do and what not:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_fs99UGk4Q_czRyMDRxb0lBdWM/view?sle=true

edit: in your case, you'd need a moonstone and/or bowstring .... but better to keep them and not to waste on lvl 5-9ish gear, only if its really really god! Both are up to ~10 in Cyseal pretty rare...

edit 2nd: lol...that thingie, what should be the lvl 5 mace is called 'Clobbering time' - this and a sword, I know of are both and only lvl 5...^^

Last edited by valky; 18/07/14 06:48 PM.
Imarion Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks all for the answers and thanks Valky for the doc.

It is on my PC now.

The people at Larian are crazy to create so many recipes smile

Imarion

Link Copied to Clipboard