Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Right now people are using the backpack as a makeshift version of this... but it could be done so much better.

Here, I'll design the entire system for you...

Pressing f9 opens up your groups "Palette".

palï½·ette
noun
a thin board or slab on which an artist lays and mixes colors.

Contained within the palette is all the various ingredients and things that could be used as ingredients. Consider this a sort of "group inventory" as far as that goes.

At the top of the palette is various slots for you to put the things you use as tools. A hammer, a mortal and pestle, and so forth. You would place them in the slot and there they would stay until you moved them. They never swap out *into* the ingredient inventory.

To the right of the palette is a 4x4 box where you can mix and mingle things.

Here's a drawing in case I'm not being clear enough...
[Linked Image]

This would make life SO much easier for everyone involved. Hell make it an item you have to find, I don't care. MAKE IT DLC and sell it for a buck.

Just make this happen. Crafting is one of the most awesome aspects of this game and right now it's kind of a pain in the ass to manage. This would solve that problem in a flash.

journeyman
journeyman
Sadly I think we're unlikely to see any major improvements to the UI past this point.

M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well that's a pretty glum assessment of things...

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Nope this would never work. Thanks for the laugh though with your "sell it for a buck" comment, that was funny.

M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica
Nope this would never work. Thanks for the laugh though with your "sell it for a buck" comment, that was funny.

And why would it "never work"? What about it is especially complex?

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Mr. C

And why would it "never work"? What about it is especially complex?

Where do I say the complexity of this idea will cause it to not work? How do you infer that from my post? The complexity or lack of has nothing to do with whether or not this idea will work.

Crafting could be made more convenient and there's nothing stopping Larian from adding a separate "crafting workshop" functioning as above - aside from the thousand-and-one other improvements and suggestions that is. wink

Adding a known recipe list to that UI would seem like a useful addition though.

M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, you still haven't actually said anything at all. You've told us all an idea won't work and you've provided zero justification for your argument. Mostly you're just coming across as a negative asshole.

I tend to keep an open mind about such possibilities... but perhaps that's blinded me to something you're aware of that I'm not.

So, if you've got a rationale for why the above is an improper or poor system you're more than welcome to explain why.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Well, you still haven't actually said anything at all. You've told us all an idea won't work and you've provided zero justification for your argument. Mostly you're just coming across as a negative asshole.

I commented that this idea would never work yet somehow that's "saying nothing" according to you. Oh and namecalling? Haha really?

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 19/07/14 04:15 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T

I commented that this idea would never work yet somehow that's "saying nothing" according to you. Oh and namecalling? Haha really?

You still haven't given your reason for why you claim this idea wouldn't work.

Mr. C: <shares idea>
Diabolus: Your idea wouldn't work
Mr. C: Would you explain why you claim it wouldn't work?
Diabolus: I said it wouldn't work.
Mr. C: Ok...but why wouldn't it work???
Diabolus: Did you not catch the part where I said it wouldn't work???

The above is an exaggeration of the conversation...but the point is the same. Mr. C has asked you to clarify WHY you think the idea wouldn't work...but in the 3 posts you've given, you have yet to do so. All you are doing is re-asserting your claim that it won't work without explaining why.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by thetang22

You still haven't given your reason for why you claim this idea wouldn't work.

Mr. C: <shares idea>
Diabolus: Your idea wouldn't work
Mr. C: Would you explain why you claim it wouldn't work?
Diabolus: I said it wouldn't work.
Mr. C: Ok...but why wouldn't it work???
Diabolus: Did you not catch the part where I said it wouldn't work???

The above is an exaggeration of the conversation...but the point is the same. Mr. C has asked you to clarify WHY you think the idea wouldn't work...but in the 3 posts you've given, you have yet to do so. All you are doing is re-asserting your claim that it won't work without explaining why.

Are you going to tell me something I don't already know? In any case, thanks for the recap. I've been here the whole time too btw. You forgot the part about where he (incorrectly) thinks my comments are based on the complexity of his suggestion. Oh and let me add that his idea would never work.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 19/07/14 05:35 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Are you going to keep dancing around the issue, rather than answering the question? Sure, he assumed your rationale had to do with it being too complex...but you could have easily remedied that incorrect assumption by explaining your rationale...which you have yet to do.

What is your REASON for saying the idea won't work?

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Are you going to keep dancing around the issue, rather than answering the question? Sure, he assumed your rationale had to do with it being too complex...but you could have easily remedied that incorrect assumption by explaining your rationale...which you have yet to do.

What is your REASON for saying the idea won't work?

How am I "dancing around" the issue? He posted his idea, I commented on it.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 19/07/14 05:53 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T

Because the "issue" is you answering the question: "WHY won't his idea work?"...which you are intentionally not answering.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D

Because the "issue" is you answering the question: "WHY won't his idea work?"...which you are intentionally not answering.

As I've already said, his idea would never work. I don't know how I can be more clear than that.

BTW do you ever plan on actually commenting on his idea or did you just come in here to critique my posts? I find it ironic that you repeatedly complain about my posts, all the while saying NOTHING relevant to this thread.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 19/07/14 08:37 PM.
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M

As I've already said, his idea would never work. I don't know how I can be more clear than that.

BTW do you ever plan on actually commenting on his idea or did you just come in here to critique my posts? I find it ironic that you repeatedly complain about my posts, all the while saying NOTHING relevant to this thread.

[Linked Image]

And moving along. My idea is really quite awesome and the developers should adopt it. It would make crafting much more streamlined and *MUCH* more enjoyable.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Lol, you've got issues buddy. So you're moving along? On to the next thread where you post more ideas that would never work?

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 19/07/14 09:13 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Diabolus - You could have just answered the simple question. You've gone out of your way NOT to answer it with a rationale response, and have instead provided trolling responses. As a result, I've reported you to the moderators for trolling.

Have a good day.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Diabolus - You could have just answered the simple question. You've gone out of your way NOT to answer it with a rationale response, and have instead provided trolling responses. As a result, I've reported you to the moderators for trolling.

Have a good day.

And what's your contribution to this thread? Other than harassing me I mean. Six posts in and you still haven't posted a single thing relevant to the thread topic. And Mr.C? I disagree with his idea and right away I'm a "negative a-hole". LOL. Don't ask for people's opinions if you don't want them, Mr.C.

Mr. C calls me an a-hole and posts silly pictures, you create a forum account just to come into the thread, ignore the topic and continually harass me, and YOU'RE reporting ME?! LOL that's a good one. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 19/07/14 11:03 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Personally: I think Bob Marleys album Kaya is the best album ever written. And Becks album Sea Changes is worth applause too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard