Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
bobwalt Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
My Video card is not recognized by D:OS I have a Qosmio with an Intel HD4600 and a NVIDIA GTX 770m. All the other games I have have no trouble using the NVIDIA card. I saw a prior post from back in May saying to use a much older driver - This is not a solution! I have been playing the Divinity series since its origins and I have always been impressed with Larian's response to problems, however, this has been known for awhile and it needs to be fixed especially since it seems like a trivial fix.

Support
Support

Do you have the nvidia card set to default?

If you have not already done so, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games (which can be deleted to reduce file size, since they are not relevant in this case).

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Same problem here. ASUS N550JV with Nvidia 750m, only the onboard INTEL card is detected.

If you have two GPU's in your PC, it's best that you install the latest drivers for both of them. Then, in the nvidia control panel via right click on your desktop, you set the default GPU to NVIDIA for all 3d applications.

Let me know if this fixes your issue.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I did update my Intel HD driver (through ASUS, because it didn't work from Intel). I re-installed the Nvidia driver.

Still the game in the video option I get Display 1 Intel HD.

Any clue?

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm having the same issue with the same GPU's as you guys. Divinity Original Sin is the only game that won't recognize the dedicated graphics card. Manually setting it in NVIDIA control panel does nothing either.

I went so far as disabling my Intel GPU and then running the game. The game refuses to recognize the NVIDIA card and it seems would prefer to use Microsoft Basic graphics, which runs at a stuttering 2 or 3 frames per second.

A solution to this problem would really help. The game is playable on the Intel card but it's not particularly enjoyable.

I will send my report.zip to the support and see what they say as well.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Same issue. I did reinstall Intel HD driver and Nvidia driver.

The game only recognize Intel HD.

But Nvidia control panel says that the program is using Nvidia.

I was able to force Windows to use the dedicated GPU in the Control Panel. That way the game came to see Display 4 Nvidia rather than Display 1 Intel HD. But the display was not right, not the good resolution and for me it's not a fix, only a workaround.

Looks like it's a common problem with Nvidia Optimus GPU on laptop.

B
bobwalt Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
I see I am not the only one with this issue. The NVIDIA control panel in my Toshiba Qosmio does not let me assign explorer to the NVIDIA card

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Me I'm on an ASUS N550JV, with 750m.

B
bobwalt Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
BTW - when I run your test app it gives erroneous results - you need to update it for later hardware.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same here. I have Samsung Chronos 7 with Intel HD 4000 and AMD Radeon 8800. Only Intel card is detected. I've tried everything, but nothing works. Even, I've disabled Intel card in Device Manager, but I've got a nice slide show in game menu, and I had to kill the game manually in Task Manager.

Last edited by antip0q; 18/07/14 02:29 PM.
B
bobwalt Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
Well given that it is happening with both AMD and NVIDIA that means it is pretty much a game issue and not a driver issue.

Support
Support

In the nvidia Control Pannel, under Manage 3D Settings and then Program Settings tab, is D:OS listed? Does it help if you click on Add and browse to the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file?

I'm not sure if/where the equivalent would be in the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
For me the game is set to use Nvidia card, but the game detect only the Intel HD card.

The only time I got Nvidia is by tricking Windows to use both card by extending the display.But the game was unplayable.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Raze

In the nvidia Control Pannel, under Manage 3D Settings and then Program Settings tab, is D:OS listed? Does it help if you click on Add and browse to the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file?

I'm not sure if/where the equivalent would be in the ATI Catalyst Control Center.

I've added D:OS in ATI CCC, but it doesn't helped. Devs should look at this.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Same problem to me. Game only recognizes Intel HD card. Nothing helps.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have the same issue on my MSI laptop. Game just wouldn't recognise my GTX 760m card even after forcing the game to run it using that card via Nvidia settings etc. It will only recognise the intel hd4600 card.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I think this issue goes beyond the card not being recognized. I think the reason why the card is not being recognized is because the game has yet to be optimized for Nvidia mobile GPUs. My laptop has two 650m cards and the performance is atrocious even when running both of them in alternate frame rendering mode. I suspect that when the game is optimized for mobile GPUs this issue with optimus will get sorted at the same time.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I do hope so because technically I should be able to run the game at High with my laptop. Recommended setting are not very high and my 750m GPU should handle the game.

I'm able to get decent fps and reduce heat by putting shadow at low. Still it's around 23fps which is not much.

B
bobwalt Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
B
I think we all have used the NVIDIA control panel to run the game using our NVIDIA cards and it has not helped. That was the first thing I tried. I am a retired Sr. SQA Engineer who used to test video drivers so I am pretty familiar with DirectX and window's drivers. I would have thought these kinds of problems would have been worked out before release.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard