Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
addict
addict
R
Just be sure to define "_Hero" in your Character.txt file (and since Hero 'uses' "_Base", you'll need to define that too)

Bucket Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rhidian
(and since Hero 'uses' "_Base", you'll need to define that too)

_Hero is already defined there, standard. I just edit the existing values. I don't see _Base there, why should I add it?

R
addict
addict
R
*Checks file again*
You're right, _Hero doesn't depend on _Base, so ignore what I said about that.

So at this point, what's not working with your mod?

Bucket Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
*Checks file again*
You're right, _Hero doesn't depend on _Base, so ignore what I said about that.

So at this point, what's not working with your mod?

I haven't had the time to test out purely editing Character.txt yet.
What I'm puzzled about is that when I re-open Character.xlsm, the stats are still what I changed them to, but they don't match the generated Character.txt.
I'm really wondering what goes wrong.
In fact, I changed Jahan in the xlsm file, too, but he seems rather unaltered in the txt.

R
addict
addict
R
Editing the .xlsm files by themselves will have no effect until the "Generate All" macro in the All.xlsm file runs, at which point all of the files in the Generated folder get overwritten.

In other words, changing Character.xlsm does nothing to change Character.txt until the macro in All.xlsm is run.

Edit:
I'll try my hand at actually making a mod that changes their talents and see what's up.

Last edited by Rhidian; 19/07/14 10:15 PM.
Bucket Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I know.

1. Edit Character.xlsm
2. Run Generate All in All.xlsm
3. Open up Character.txt
4. Find different stats as per Character.xlsm

But why. smirk

I'm trying it again now. Well, just editing the txt directly.

EDIT: Think I could add this into a mod that I could publish to Steam to get it up there? Like, make an empty mod through editor, add files to the mod folder, publish to workshop? Would it pack in the added files, you think?

EDIT2: I just realised I forgot about a different issue.
I tried opening SkillData.xlsm once, but OOO would freeze upon loading and leave the locked file thing.
I'm not sure on how Open Office works, but might it be that it's locking that file and thus unable to interact with it, resulting in these odd results?

EDIT3: Removing the lock file thingy doesn't change anything.

EDIT4: I've corrected the Character.txt and SkillSet.txt to no avail. Once I reach the characters in-game, their stats are reset to the odd mix-match of my edit and vanilla, with bugs. I dunno, just on steroids. Madora gets 1 speed, all of the sudden.

Last edited by Bucket; 19/07/14 10:49 PM.
R
addict
addict
R
I'm pretty sure that Steam Workshop isn't a good place to publish mods right now (unless they've fixed the Downloading issue, though I've heard no word on that).

That being said, my attempt at making a mod that modifies the Companions starting stuff had mixed results.

First, my mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u1q781m9oek51np/Companion_Mod_Test.zip

The good news was that the changes I made in Character.txt worked (though the values were incremented by two)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The bad news is that somehow every single skill in the game got messed up. Staff of Magus became a Flare/Burning Blaze, Midnight Oil became a Fireball, etc etc. The companions *did* get the skills I assigned them though, even if they immediately lost them upon joining due to them not having the required skill level for it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

More testing is needed, but I'm inclined to say that messing with Jahan/Madora's starting skills might not be such a good idea. Most likely they need to have the same number of skills (5); in my mod above I just limited them to two starting skills.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V

Edit:
I'll try my hand at actually making a mod that changes their talents and see what's up.

works fine smile

= http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36344579070410298/4883A77A9F6BC5BCC76D3920A99D91E38A4FB2C3/

Changed 'what a rush' to 'picture of health' since the latter does make so much much more sense, and heck I lowered my health boost on normal as well. (so it's not that evil like hard but not that cosy like vanilla normal)

If you are making a mod that changes it right away, you just would need to implement and alter the 'generate all' stuff in the character.xlsm, if you are about to publish it as *xlsm - given that the users have to use MS office...not sure about open office.

Bucket Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I got it working. I just think I made some mistakes with the names of stats/skills/etc.
Anyways, main problem I had were multiple mods. wink
Removed all in both Public and Mod folders, except for the Empty Mod folder from workshop.

I got that Empty Mod folder through subscribing on my own workshop item btw. That implies that workshop now has the right download location.

You will need to give them stuff according to their level. It seems to interact.
If you give them pyro skills, but they don't have pyro, you'll get a message they unlearned those skills.
Whats interesting is that they get vacant skill slots, they never learned the other starting skills. smile

R
addict
addict
R
*Checks Steam Workshop again*
No, it's still not downloading to the right place. The reason you're able to see your own mod in-game is because it was already in the correct location when you created it. If you try to download any other mod (beside Cow Simulator) it won't show up in-game since Steam downloads it to the wrong location.

Bucket Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
*Checks Steam Workshop again*
No, it's still not downloading to the right place. The reason you're able to see your own mod in-game is because it was already in the correct location when you created it. If you try to download any other mod (beside Cow Simulator) it won't show up in-game since Steam downloads it to the wrong location.

Goddamnit. I was sure I didn't place it there myself, which is correct. The editor did. -_-'
Thanks for checking, though.
Almost got the characters set up.

Last edited by Bucket; 20/07/14 09:14 AM.
Bucket Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I finished the work and uploaded it to the Steam workshop, along with a how-to-install.
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=524343
Check out this thread if you're interested. smile
'Closing' this thread now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard