Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is driving me nuts. My friend and I have had this on both his and my computer (No matter who hosts)

The game is basically unplayable and after being level 5 and still dealing with this issue, I've just about reached my limit. It crashes almost guaranteed every time we get out of a battle.

If we don't immediately pause after a battle, wait a bit, and quick save, it crashes on us. Usually closing the program completely out before even saying anything. No lag at all, just an instant close and I'm sitting on my desktop.

It seems to have something to do with looting items, but I'm not 100% certain. We both have steam version.

Is anyone else having this problem in multiplayer? Any fixes? I honestly can't believe this game has been released yet with this large of a nonprog. Class A repeatable bugs smirk

No game as of late has made me so damn angry. Being booted out after you beat a 10 minute boss or whatever is the most annoying feeling in the world. Paying 40+ dollars for this game and having these issues happen again and again really really hurts when you only have 2 days a week to play the damned game. Sorry for my rant I'm just fuming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13mb2c803v0y9ir/report.zip

^ Report from the DOS program.
Would also like to mention this happened on a clean install, and w/ the 4 player mod as well.

Last edited by Criminon; 18/07/14 06:37 PM.
Support
Support

Do either of you have this problem in single player?

Have you tried joining through Direct Connection, rather than Steam? The host can get their Server ID after loading a save in the Connection Menu (diamond icon top of mini-map), or you can try via IP address.

B
stranger
stranger
B
My wife and I *just* started experiencing a crash in the middle of battle with the 1.0.81 update. We're playing over LAN with the steam version. It doesn't seem to affect my system.

I should note that we played for about 4 hours prior to 1.0.81 (last weekend), with no significant issues.

Last edited by beeofdoom; 19/07/14 05:02 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It does not happen in single player. Yes we have tried direct connection and its the same problem. I should like to mention that it didn't happen on our friends comp when we connected to his, and the first time we connected to mine it didn't happen either. After that it happened every time on mine.

Last edited by Criminon; 20/07/14 01:37 PM.
Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version) for both computers. The report will contain system and network information, any crash dumps, and your saved games (which are not directly relevant, so can be deleted from the zip to reduce the file size). Hopefully that will help Larian determine what is causing the crashes.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard