Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morbo Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm starting to regret the Zombie trait. I knew that normal healing would damage me but it seams a bit odd that Vampiric touch also harms me. (vampires are [edit]NOT[/edit] zombies :()

So what can I do? Currently I am using poison arrow to heal but what other ways can I heal. Any hints to make my zombie work till the respec opportunity?

Also poison potions do not work?? poison failed- > I was trying to heal.

Last edited by Morbo; 20/07/14 07:51 PM.

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
Seems like something Larian should fix, in my humble opinion.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Indeed the Zombie trait isn't as good as it seems to be.

I have my battlemage invested in geomancer. Only those ooze spells can be the sort of healing so far, or you craft some poison stuff.

Yes you will welcome poison damage and standing on oozes, but the healing is way too slow. Even a minor restoration from Jahal heals two times faster per turn. And don't forget if someone attacks you with fire all the ooze around you will explode and you take huge fire damage like any others.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Seems like a pretty balanced "this is good, this is bad, choose it if you want to role-play something challenging" option, in my humble opinion. Something that you don't like that is working as designed isn't exactly broken, so what's to fix?

The zombie trait seems to be more of a geomantic over-investmetn that an undead state, so not playing nice with a witchcraft spell isn't really surprising. I didn't anticipate it when I ran into it, but it made sense after a moment of being startled.

Morbo Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by lmyyyks
Indeed the Zombie trait isn't as good as it seems to be.

I have my battlemage invested in geomancer. Only those ooze spells can be the sort of healing so far, or you craft some poison stuff.

How do you craft poison stuff? I have crafted poison potions but when I use them it just says "poison failed", same with poison cheese.

I also have a geo witch type (but more witch dan geo)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Morbo
I'm starting to regret the Zombie trait. I knew that normal healing would damage me but it seams a bit odd that Vampiric touch also harms me. (vampires are zombies :()

So what can I do? Currently I am using poison arrow to heal but what other ways can I heal. Any hints to make my zombie work till the respec opportunity?

Also poison potions do not work?? poison failed- > I was trying to heal.

First off, Vampires are not Zombies. Yes they are both undead, but zombies eat flesh and constantly rot where vampires drink blood and live more of an immortal (non rotting away) life. Zombies are also not nearly as sophisticated as vampires due to severe brain damage.

The poison bottles should heal you the same as healing potions. That should be fixed. The poison for healing is only good in undead areas anyway, that in itself is why it is a bad trait to get.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 20/07/14 07:12 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Morbo Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Sorry meant to type zombies are NOT vampires

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by Morbo
How do you craft poison stuff? I have crafted poison potions but when I use them it just says "poison failed", same with poison cheese.

I also have a geo witch type (but more witch dan geo)

I haven't tried crafting poisons. I only go fight along. If i seriously need healing I'll just find a bed.

Leech still heals you with Zombie if you get someone to hit that character with a weak weapon or bleeding ability. I sense an incoming nerf to Leech, though, because it basically makes you invulnerable to physical attacks if you have high enough armour because it heals every time a char gets hit unless in a fire.

The higher level earth spell Deadly Spores is also excellent for healing a Zombie char. I'd refrain from choosing Zombie at all on hard mode though.

Link Copied to Clipboard