Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm at level 16 and decided to turn my 3 Mage (high intelligence caster) to melee warriors of strength 10.

Jahan have blacksmith 5 + crafting 6 (from items) only craft weapons that requires strength that is too high for any of the 3 to use , with the exception of Mandora which is great .

So , is there a way for my high crafter to create a lower level weapon ?

I would like that since he's so highly skilled as both a blacksmith + crafting .

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
No, crafted weapons and even weapons sold by vendors level with your characters.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
That's a real pity.

The reason I decided to do a switch from Mage to Melee is due to the tips before the start of the game where it goes something like "Today a wizard, tomorrow a battlemage"

Now, I can't even craft useful gears that my Battlemage can use due to the late change and insufficient strength requirements.

That tip should be taken out or at least come with a disclaimer of some sort.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Could you recruit a low level character and use him as a temporary crafter for the item range you desire.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I guess I can do that but then I need to part with some gold which I'm saving for some elusive skill book.

Also, my master blacksmith (5) and skilled crafter (6) with high intelligence (10) does not know how to craft a lower level weapon which he could once upon a time. Something does not add up, you reckon?

Last edited by SpaceHamster; 20/07/14 04:21 PM.
A
A
Why would you craft a low level weapon if you could just buy one from the vendors? By the time you should have sold plenty of low level weapons to them.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Because I sell em at x gold but if I buy it back, it's gonna cost me 3x gold.

And what's good a master blacksmith and crafter if he can't craft it ? An option to craft level items would be nice , that way, I can craft appropriate items based on my team configuration , ie. Low level staff for melee based character , low level melee weapon for mages , high level melee weapon for melee warriors, high level staff for high intelligence Mage .

I'm confused.

Did the OP recruit a new companion, or re-roll one of their playables.

Of is this re-roll simply in an RP fashion, in which case the stats have remained the same, and they simply wish to play differently?

Without understanding the cirumstances, it's hard to offer a suggestion.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
The OP apparently started his two characters as mages. Now he wants to switch them to melee.
But he is not respeccing, he is just adding attribute points to strength in the hopes to use some melee weapons. Unfortunately, all the weapons he can craft are high level with high strength requirements.

The OP is level 16, but is not willing to spend 2-3k gold to buy some of the junk swords he sold to vendors a long time ago. Instead, he objects to the game mechanic that will not allow him to craft a lower level item (because once upon a time, his character could because his character was low level).

To the OP: You're right. It's weird you forget how to craft lower level items. But suck it up and pay the gold to buy a few old items from vendors.

Other ways to increase STR:

Buy +Str Gear
From vendors - I'm sure as a mage you vendored a lot of +str items. Or maybe you can get lucky with vendor rolls.

(you can find leather/cloth items that have no str requirements, but offer +str)

Craft some accessories
I could be wrong, but I think you can craft accessories with +str

End of Time
The chest that wants you to find 4 other chests + the Keeper of Secrets provide you with attribute books which you can use to increase strength further.

Last edited by n3m3c1s; 21/07/14 04:35 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Yes, Incendax is correct . What else can I say? I guess as you've mentioned , I gotta suck it up. But it would be great if the developers could add this feature . **hoping, crossing fingers** smile

n3m2c1s , thanks for the tips.

Link Copied to Clipboard