Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cups Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'm playing a multiplayer game with my friend, and we're enjoying the content so far but one aspect is beginning to ruin our experience: saving and loading.

At one point we were about to wipe from an encounter and decided to quick load the most recent save. The load screen completed the first bar, and then hung for at least 15 minutes before we gave up and force quit the program. It seems like the game did not freeze, as the hints continued to cycle at the top of the screen, but it simply stopped loading. Could it have loaded if we were more patient? Maybe, but who on earth is going to wait through 20 minute load times in a modern game? It's a game breaker.

Some time later we were in town talking to some NPC's. My friend attempted to go down some stairs, at which point the game began to autosave... and it never resumed. Again we waited, probably 5 minutes this time before force quitting out of frustration. We stopped playing for the night.

We both have computers that are plenty capable of running this game. It performs well and looks great, but if I'm going to lose progress because it's a roll of the dice whether the game can execute a basic save or load then I question whether I will continue playing.

Any thoughts?

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
You got further than me and my friend. If the game didn't hang while loading the multiplayer character creation then as soon as we got into the game and moved my friends character would run off into the distance straight through obstacles/mountains etc and usually die in the lava in the villa.
Also, if we saved as soon as we loaded up the save would hang.

For the loading saving problems it was just like yours, wouldn't appear to be frozen because when loading the tops still cycle, and when saving the symbol still rotates. But it never finishes.

R
RtM Offline
R
This is happening to me. I can have a total of 4-6 saves or loading in any combination before it's hold my breath and hope it doesn't stuck on the screen. I've begun celebrating each time a save goes through. So now I need "do I even want to attempt this save now or save it for later?" Sometimes I have to do A LOT over again because of this. So frustrating.

I've sent emails and done all that analysis crap. Just hoping they figure this out soon. Love the game to bits...the tech problems not so much. Sort ruining my first play through that I've been waiting FOREVER for.

C
Cups Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Well it's good (i guess) to hear that others are experiencing this same issue. Anyone come across any solutions? Does tech support review these forums, btw? Or should I submit a claim through some other system?

Support
Support

Support does check the forums. You can also email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). That will include system and game information, crash dumps, etc, which should help in tracking down bugs. The report also contains your saves, which may or may not be relevant, depending on the issue (in this case, since the saves are written properly if the game doesn't hang, they are not really relevant, and most can be deleted from the zip to reduce file size).

C
Cups Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Thanks for the advice, Raze!

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm having the same issues...very frustrating. I don't like paying for a game and then worrying whether I can save my progress. What have you guys/gals done to remedy the problem? Has Larian addressed the issue?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Bump, whole days play ruined 10+ saves, none will load. Worried about starting again incase the same thing happens.

Edit: An older save loaded, then tried my latest save and it worked as well.

Last edited by Beag; 14/07/14 08:52 AM.
C
Cups Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Just happened again. This time it occurred while I was in dialogue and my friend attempted to go down a trap door. The auto-save triggered and got stuck, presumably since I was in dialogue.

C
Cups Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
And again, we are standing perfectly still, right next to each other at the gate in Cyseal. We intentionally saved in case we wiped and it is now stuck. This is ridiculous. This occurs so commonly that it HAD to have happened in testing before release and the studio still has not patched this issue. It makes the game unplayable.

C
Cups Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I apologize for the multi-post. I contacted support and got a quick response. Thought this was an important bit of information to share:

"Thanks for explaining your problem in such detail. I am very sure this is simply related to memory.
We are aware of memory issues on 32-bit systems and are still looking into solutions. Code is working on optimizing memory as much as possible. Improvements should appear in following updates.
Version 1.0.67 should improve this a bit, but not remove the problem entirely.

Please try lowering the graphics settings and shut down any non-essential programs running in the background.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

While I have 64 bit Windows, my friend does not. This seems to be the issue.

R
RtM Offline
R
Clearly, they've made a mistake by stating that minimum requirements includes 32-bit system.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard