Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Originally Posted by Norbyte
It isn't that easy, as changing the level of an item won't change its stats; those are only generated once, when the item is dropped.

You're right, that makes sense. I guess the only way to level up an item is through an ingame recipe then.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Gotcha!
It isn't that easy, as changing the level of an item won't change its stats; those are only generated once, when the item is dropped.

You're right, that makes sense. I guess the only way to level up an item is through an ingame recipe then.

Changing the level of the item can be useful:

- Ruby bonuses depend on level
- Sarongs at level 7 seem to have no prereqs, whereas those at level 10 require 7 int. So a level 7 sarong with a Ruby enchant is good for non-mage types

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello everyone
I Suppose most of you already found out what i'm about to list but i thought it would help lots of you
The thing is, if norbyte or some other programmers were able to modify lstool to allow item editing the same way they did for characters

Concerning item editing

first thing, try to find your item (HARD)
able to find it? good
now the nodes
it look that way, and i'll describe anything i could find
.Items
..ItemFactory
...Items
....Item (here we begin, general info)
.....Generation (boost subtrees add bonuses to the item)
......Boost
.....ItemMachine (always empty?)
.....Stats (some things)
......PermanentBoost (seems to be the ADDED (like ruby) bonuses
.......Abilities (?)
.....StatusManager (didn't actually messed with this one)

"Item" node :
ammount : amount (no kidding!)
current template (Visual)
CurrentTemplateType ?
Flags ?
Global ?
Inventory ?
IsGenerated ? (uniques are not)
IsKey checked if it is a key (for doors)
Key which door or chest it open
Level if not in inventory, the area(cyseal, lucula...) where it is
LifeTime ?
LockLevel ?
OriginalTemplate (useful? game refers to CureentTemplate)
OriginalTemplateType ?
Parent ? (but when put to 0 it disappeared from my inventory)
Rotate?
Scale ? (maybe real proportion? always 1 as far as i see)
Slot (Inventory Slot)
Stats (seems to look like some referal Template)
Owner (the actual owner of the item, refering by its ID)

Sorry i'll finish later I Got to Go

Just know that i've been able to create a unique and a legendary armor with 110% res against all elem including poison and tenebrium, with bonuses in all stats, armor rating, durability...

Since it seems rather easy to modify everything with a not so easy LSTOOL, I hope you'll be able to Make it a bit more user friendly, like you did for base stats for characters
and add search and copy paste, please, if you can
It is no order!, i'm no programmer and i more than respectful for all your work so far, so keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you

PS: if You could also look for Skills, which also is relatively easy to moify, but need to find skills name by name to add them...

Last edited by Demargon; 20/07/14 05:37 PM. Reason: update iskey, key, level
X
stranger
stranger
X
Fantastic! Can't wait! Thank you in advance!

S
stranger
stranger
S
I want to use this to reset my stat/ability points.

By doing so, does it set everything back to 0 and give's me back the refunded stat points in game? Or does this program only let me change the numerical values?

Last edited by Stanfoo; 20/07/14 09:59 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Stanfoo
I want to use this to reset my stat/ability points.

By doing so, does it set everything back to 0 and give's me back the refunded stat points in game? Or does this program only let me change the numerical values?

It will only let you change the values, but the is an option to set unspent points in the character tab.

So you could either edit only the values you want or clear everything and assign unspent points.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by VikCachat
It will only let you change the values, but the is an option to set unspent points in the character tab.

So you could either edit only the values you want or clear everything and assign unspent points.

Thanks. Can we also reset talent points with this? (Delete the current talent points and give you back the unspent talent points).

Last edited by Stanfoo; 21/07/14 04:40 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Yes you can do all that
not in the way you seem to think though
Best advice : try yourself

anyway, for those who just want respec of abi/talents points, you aadjust any number you want in the desired section, and in the back right corner there is a little zone to set the unspent points

Oh, and I saw something interesting about people not making it work...
if you won't changes to take effect, you must save the changes char by char AND save the file wink

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Demargon
Concerning item editing

This is on the list of planned features, will add it as soon as I have some time.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I tried fiddling around with LSTools but I'm clueless on how to use this. Can anyone briefly tell me what to do? I'm trying to edit my character's talent points.

I tried fiddling around with LSTools but I'm clueless on how to use this. Can anyone briefly tell me what to do? I'm trying to edit my character's talent points.

You need to open the file globals.lsb of your chosen savegame. After you've done that, clich the Characters tab on the right. After that it should be self explanatory. smile

(Do backup your savegame first.)

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
I've used this several times now, changing various character stats/traits/abilities. have run through a few levels with the changes saved. so far no problems at all.

X
stranger
stranger
X
Using LSTools to edit characters does not work 100% properly. I have a char that has the talents "Pack Mule", "Opportunist" and "What a Rush". When I load the saves globals.lsb of a save with this char and go to the character editor and just press save changes and afterwards save the global.lsb the talent "Pack Mule" is removed!

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by XiDragon
Using LSTools to edit characters does not work 100% properly. I have a char that has the talents "Pack Mule", "Opportunist" and "What a Rush". When I load the saves globals.lsb of a save with this char and go to the character editor and just press save changes and afterwards save the global.lsb the talent "Pack Mule" is removed!

Works fine for me. What version are you using? Can you attach a savegame that breaks when saving?

D
stranger
stranger
D
you must be using version 0.1.12b (had the same problem)
version 0.1.12d corrected it rightly

X
stranger
stranger
X
That is true, I have 1.12b. Will try the newest version. Is there a thread for LSTools?

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
the link is in the thread, though it should be moved to the first post if possible.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/lstools.zip

Last edited by Ichthyic; 21/07/14 08:12 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Gotcha!

You need to open the file globals.lsb of your chosen savegame. After you've done that, clich the Characters tab on the right. After that it should be self explanatory. smile

(Do backup your savegame first.)

Works perfectly, thanks!

On another note, is it possible to use this to add certain spellbooks to the spellvendors inventory? (Or even your character).

D
stranger
stranger
D
If you are able to find thé ID for that spellbook yes it would be rather easy.

I just wanted to make a note that damage is apparently linked to a weapon's level.
I was fooling around with someone's cheat engine table, set a bow to level 20 (was 4) and its damage increased as well. smile

Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard