Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
If you die the game is over. No quick loading allowed (except for conversation traits).
Additional restrictions
- you must use henchman that have level appropriate stats. I.e. No cain...
- you can't flee from battle
- no lone wolf
- no bloodletting to heal a player character
- one character has to have the zombie trait but can't also have leech
- at least one dex, str, int class
- you can have only four players the whole game, no swapping out crafters and blacksmiths and barterers
- you can only buy one free attribute point book not every level
-hard mode obviously
- death by trap is a legit death, make sure to keep perception up!
- no quick loading for gear or skill books at vendors or drops at bosses.

I'm not sure I am missing anything else but if there is some extra cheese that needs to be cut out to make this a legit game please add it here.

This is designed to be a fun challenge, you don't have to play this way but personally I have found these restrictions a lot of fun.

No healing potions. buff potions still allowed :P

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
One point in hydro.

Originally Posted by rk47
One point in hydro.
super hardcore. no magic at all only warrior/ranger/rogue :P

I've done all of those except permadeath just playing normally.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Well I don't think it's as easy a game that you would want to give up potions or magic. Without fleeing and premade are there are plenty of tight spots here and there that it is pretty fun.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
One major thing this game is great because it offers great freedom. Adding restrictions is literally going backwards.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I think you've missed the point. This is balancing for experts who want an extra challenge to make the game fun.

veteran
veteran
Wait, no Lone Wolf? WTF? There's nothing wrong with it, it doesn't even make the game easier, it just allows two characters to act as four without being able to have more than two. Seriously, what have you been smoking? Do your parents know?

actually 4 characters is ALWAYS better then 2. your 2 characters wont be as good as 4 with lone wolf. you have 2 less sources of damage. less ability points (you get more total over 4 characters).

But for this hardcore mode it is supposed to be HARD AS FUCK. and lonewolf still gives 80% more hp and about 30% more skillpoints

Last edited by MrGrim; 21/07/14 03:34 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MrGrim
actually 4 characters is ALWAYS better then 2. your 2 characters wont be as good as 4 with lone wolf. you have 2 less sources of damage. less ability points (you get more total over 4 characters).

But for this hardcore mode it is supposed to be HARD AS FUCK. and lonewolf still gives 80% more hp and about 30% more skillpoints

80% more HP is still 20% less than two characters would have and 30% more skill points is 70% less than two characters would have.....in essence making everything that much harder, in fact it would be suicidal so if someone can somehow pull it off then why not?

And he's totally missing the spirit of hardcore....what kind of "hard" mode is that supposed to be when not limited to weapons and equipment less useful than wet paper bags?

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
No Lone Wolf, No Glass Cannon, and No Other Party Members!
Chopper Reid would be proud!

Last edited by Incendax; 21/07/14 04:23 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Incendax

And can only use the default gear you start the game with and can never level up or use any skill books.....etc. I can probably think of some more ways in which one could be an idiot. Because how else are people supposed to measure digital d****?

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

And can only use the default gear you start the game with and can never level up or use any skill books.....etc. I can probably think of some more ways in which one could be an idiot. Because how else are people supposed to measure digital d****?

Well you are the bigest dick on the forums it seems. what is it? do you get a rush of acting like a complete asshole here kiddo?

Some people like to play the game in ways to make it more challenging to see if they can do it. and other like to play it in a different way. just because you yourself don't like it does not mean you have to act like an asshole towards those people.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not sure about the no Lone Wolf part.
This talent makes the game harder not easier (assuming that you would play with 4 chars otherwise).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MrGrim

Well you are the bigest dick on the forums it seems. what is it? do you get a rush of acting like a complete asshole here kiddo?

Some people like to play the game in ways to make it more challenging to see if they can do it. and other like to play it in a different way. just because you yourself don't like it does not mean you have to act like an asshole towards those people.

What's the matter? Can't take a little criticism? Look at all the helpful tips I've given to help you in your quest to be as miserable as possible while playing.

Here's another tip but I warn you, this is only for the truly hardcore, like super hardcore:
Beat the game without ever using any part of your body, stare at your computer until the game responds to telepathic commands and use all the hardcore tips posted by everyone above. It'll be epic.

Imagine all the bragging rights that'll earn you!! horsey

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 21/07/14 08:47 AM.
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I think lone wolf is fine but it's a different challenge on its own. You also can make one uber lone wolf character and two supports for a party of three. This is probably the most powerful party.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Here's another tip but I warn you, this is only for the truly hardcore, like super hardcore:

I'll only be impressed if the post to brag about this is made in the same way.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Imho the absolute most challenging (without being unfun) game settings are:

Hard Mode
x2 Lone Wolf
Leech is not allowed
Glass Canon is not allowed

Bonus Difficulty:
One or both of the characters is a Rogue / Ranger
Neither of the characters knows more than 2 schools of magic