Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
First off, I love the game. Great work. But one thing in particular is driving me crazy. In combat, when enemy characters perform their idle animations (lean back and forth, etc.), it shifts the hitbox (meaning where you need to click to target that character). This change happens very abruptly and often causes missed clicks. I can't even tell you how many times I've had to reload a save because I was trying to attack an enemy in a close fight, but he "dodged" my click at the last instant and my character instead walks around to the other side of the target (wasting action points, and sometimes triggering attacks of opportunity).

Is this bothering anyone else? Maybe the hitbox should just be a cylindrical shape rising from the characters feet, instead of shifting all over the place when they shift their stance?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yes, it is annoying.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Absolutely agree. Very annoying. Maybe they could do something as (hopefully) simple as letting you hold down SHIFT or ALT or something to "freeze" the animations when you're trying to click so that things aren't moving around. An entire battle can be won/lost because of one single mis-click caused by target's idle animation at the wrong instant.

addict
addict
Yes, this is very annoying. If you aren't careful, then your character will move instead of attacking or attack an unintended target.

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, this one drives me nuts. I don't really want my caster to be the one in the middle of a melee!

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Agreed.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Yes, some enemies are particularly bad (e.g. personally I found the burning skeletons in Cyseal very annoying).

old hand
old hand
In the case someone may not know... you can click their Icon at the top of the screen for pixel perfect accuracy.

W
W
I remember reading that that only works for skills and not auto-attacks though?

T
stranger
stranger
T
I've walked around many a badguy. I've also inadvertently stolen a lot of stuff around town, pissing off the townies because of misclicks.

K
K
Just move the cursor closer to their feet, the unit circles help targeting.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I've had this issue as well. There is a feature in the game that I just found last night then moved the camera to a true "top down" view. I think it's called tactical camera or something of that nature. The default key to activate/deactivate this view is the "B" key.

I've found that this really helps with targeting enemies.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by crafty35a
First off, I love the game. Great work. But one thing in particular is driving me crazy. In combat, when enemy characters perform their idle animations (lean back and forth, etc.), it shifts the hitbox (meaning where you need to click to target that character). This change happens very abruptly and often causes missed clicks. I can't even tell you how many times I've had to reload a save because I was trying to attack an enemy in a close fight, but he "dodged" my click at the last instant and my character instead walks around to the other side of the target (wasting action points, and sometimes triggering attacks of opportunity).

Is this bothering anyone else? Maybe the hitbox should just be a cylindrical shape rising from the characters feet, instead of shifting all over the place when they shift their stance?

100% agree- don't know how many times I have an attack all set up, and just as I click , the idle animation moves the target enough that I click on the ground.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Kriss
Just move the cursor closer to their feet, the unit circles help targeting.

That doesn't really help much, honestly. If it is a crowded fight, there are often other characters in the way of the enemies feet. Also, some mobs jump up and down, which will cause you to lose the target even if you were pointing at their feet (two that come to mind right away: Snow Wardens, and the Lighthouse Ghoul).

T
stranger
stranger
T
Also, trying to click on moving rats, most of the time I'm following them around being annoyed and wasting time, I even ran into enemies a few times.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Trancid
Also, trying to click on moving rats, most of the time I'm following them around being annoyed and wasting time, I even ran into enemies a few times.

Rats won't run away from a character with the pet pal talent.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by dlux
Originally Posted by Trancid

Rats won't run away from a character with the pet pal talent.

I'm talking about them running around the place, some of them move long distances before stopping. I do have the talent, I'm trying to talk to them. The only time you can easily click them is when they stop moving.

It's the same problem OP is talking about, small hitboxes + moving NPCs.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
The red outline needs to have an invisible outline that's offset a couple of pixels outwards, so you don't need pixel perfect accuracy to hit it!

journeyman
journeyman
While it was quite funny when a demon literally ducked to avoid my attack, I would also like to see this issue addressed. It's particularly bad with the small floaty things in the Boreas fight. I know there are workaround and ways to cope, but something like this should have a better solution (e.g. slow down the animation when mouse is near the creature?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard