Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#525184 22/07/14 05:35 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I entered the harbour at Cyseal on my second playthrough, and took my time talking to the citizens there asking the questions and stuff

Anyway I then headed to the docks and spotted a ship that was burned down. I have already been in this area in a prior playthrough so I knew that it was part of the quest Fire! Fire! Fire! but I never got any warning that it had started.

Anyway point is that if I hadnt been in that area already I would not have known there was a quest here and I'd think the burnt down ship is just part of the scenery

I dont wanna miss any quests, so can anyone tell me what other quests are there that are missable or timed so that I run to them when I get to the area?

addict
addict
Regarding the burning ship, if you talk to any of the soldiers outside of Cyseal, they'll mention the orc mage throwing a fireball at the docks.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
There are a lot of quests that are "missable" if you simply don't take the time to explore everything. As for timed quests, the burning ship quest is one of the only ones that you can fail simply by waiting too long. There are two other time-sensitive quests that I can think of right now (and one of them might only be time-sensitive because of a bug). Neither one is in Cyseal. I can't really explain them without spoiling them, but if you really want to know:

One of them is in Hiberheim and involves you helping out a rabbit. It requires that you have the Pet Pal talent. It's not a quest per se in that it doesn't have an associated journal entry, but there is content that you miss out on if you don't complete it. The good thing is that this "quest" won't actually start until you get close enough to trigger it, and when you do it's pretty obvious what must be done.

The other one is called Frederick's Blood Stone, in Luculla Forest. This is the one that's possibly bugged. Basically when you first get it, try to complete it as soon as possible otherwise something might happen that makes it impossible to finish the quest properly.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jito463
Regarding the burning ship, if you talk to any of the soldiers outside of Cyseal, they'll mention the orc mage throwing a fireball at the docks.

hmm guess I missed that

old hand
old hand
There is a quest involving the Mayor of Cyseal's cat which requires pet pal to do.
To find the collar, you need to finish off the Black Cove and kill the pirate captain. Back in those caves there was an area that you walked in on a battle between orc and skeletons that had a huge door that was locked. You need to use the key and open the door and explore that area.

Getting to Hiberheim itself is easily miss-able. When I first went threw the area, it took me a very long time to figure out you had to
kill the talking mushrooms to take down the barrier around the witches house.

I pretty much cleared the Luculla map and made my way to Hunters Edge when I found out that I had to find the White Witch to continue. Going back, I was told by the mushrooms to find the wizard on a cliff. The cliff is a trapped lava pool and gets your party instantly killed off. There is a lever up at the top that when pulled, spawns lava all over. I purposely left this out of a spoiler tag as it totally pissed me off.

That is when I killed the mushrooms. There are two of them, use melee and ranged, no elemental attacks or spells as that makes them reproduce.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 27/07/14 02:22 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Was there ever a quest that sent players to the Withering Gardens (the trap house) in Cyseal? In my playthrough I just wandered there and cleared it, always wondered if I missed a quest for that area.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The house itself seems to be unrelated to quests, but there is something relevant if you follow the foggy part behind the house.

Link Copied to Clipboard