Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
I have nothing but a gut feeling... the speed maybe what it is based on performance. The faster you move the more the caching/stutter can happen as you move along the canvas. Some systems would choke even more.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 11/07/14 07:29 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Yes, that sounds quite plausible.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Is there any way to get this working with a preexisting game? Editing some files maybe? I'd love to use this, but I'm far enough in that a restart doesn't seem like a decent tradeoff.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Spellbot5000
Is there any way to get this working with a preexisting game? Editing some files maybe? I'd love to use this, but I'm far enough in that a restart doesn't seem like a decent tradeoff.

You need to follow this guide to get mods working with existing saves.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=43639&Number=517472#Post517472

S
stranger
stranger
S
NICE! That worked like a charm. Ultimate kudos/likes/favorites to you. sir.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Could someone please explain where the player.lsb file needs to go in order to have it work with a brand new game?

Thanks!

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kabada
Could you maybe upload it to some place that isn't a scam site/ where you do't need to pay or download spyware to get it?

Edit- just saw the responses below thank you for the updates.

Last edited by Darkwind; 19/07/14 05:41 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
love your mod, movement speed was making me not playing the game, so slow that it hurts, altough 30% is a bit faster for me, could you make a variation of your for for like 20% or point out oh to change the values?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi, I'm also very interested in this mod, but there is no way I will install a download manager from that site. Is it possible to maybe upload it somewhere else? Maybe Nexus?

stranger
stranger
There is nothing wrong with the upload site in OP...
You can click here and it will download it directly without a download manager.

[Linked Image]

But here it is on Firedrive if you want an alternative

https://www.firedrive.com/file/EBE66EF63D169401

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Skaarph
Hi, I'm also very interested in this mod, but there is no way I will install a download manager from that site. Is it possible to maybe upload it somewhere else? Maybe Nexus?

Just go to the URL that is in the first post on this topic, there is no download manager that you need to download, just click the name of the mod on the linked page and you'll download the zip file. The link below is a direct link to the speedmod.zip as well.

http://www.speedyshare.com/ppCEe/download/SpeedMod.zip

Last edited by Weston; 19/07/14 02:26 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks very much @ SieB and Weston and especially truditu. Finally no more slo-mo.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I started a new game with this mod and it works alright except when I try to quick save and quick load. It gets stuck in "Cleaning Up Session" permanently. Does anyone else have that problem using this mod or do I have to like completely delete my profile and start a new one to make it work?

old hand
old hand
I can just let you know I have not seen that issue using it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Maybe I'm doing it wrong I couldnt find anything to say which Mod folder to put mods into. Do I put it in the one under User\Documents or under the steamapps\common\etc?

WCB Offline
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Andvari
I started a new game with this mod and it works alright except when I try to quick save and quick load. It gets stuck in "Cleaning Up Session" permanently. Does anyone else have that problem using this mod or do I have to like completely delete my profile and start a new one to make it work?

Tried out the mod today and I'm having the same issue. It only happens when I quick load, otherwise everything is working fine. I'm going to let it try to load for a while longer though because the first time I started the game up with the mod active it took about 2 full minutes to get to the character creation screen. It's been almost five minutes now though, so my hopes aren't high.

If I alt-F4 out of the game and relaunch I can load my quicksave. It's just using quick load that causes the hang.

Not sure what information would help resolve this problem. I launch the game through Steam. Settings are at ultra. Fake fullscreen mode 1920x1080. Stuck on "Clean Up Session"

"Prayer is for the foolish, quaint, and soon-to-be dead"
-Sage Freke
O
stranger
stranger
O
This mod fixes the only problem I have with this game.

However has anyone tried it in co-op?

Me and my friend have tried playing with this mod and my char's movement is fine while his char was skipping/stuttering.

Framerate is not the problem.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by otonvm
This mod fixes the only problem I have with this game.

However has anyone tried it in co-op?

Me and my friend have tried playing with this mod and my char's movement is fine while his char was skipping/stuttering.

Framerate is not the problem.

Yes I use it in coop, no issues. We both need to have the same mod loaded and the same speed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard