#522739 18/07/14 10:29 AM
Z
Zhe Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hi Guys,

after working for one week with the editor I want to show you the result of this first map, called "Der Moorsteinpass".
It is not ready yet, but I think it is quite walkable to show it here.What do you think, it is worth to spend more time with it?

Actually I used only the first wave from the official tutorial videos as a base of knowledge,
but there are some problems I cant solve for myself, for example.

- The music: Why it doesnï½´t play in game or even in the editor?
I used 3 ambient triggers, each individual contains three infos. The color themes, ambient sound and music. The color and ambient sound are correct switching by entering the zone/trigger, but the music want play at no place.
- Some entrance with teleport to the next room:
Like you see there in the ruin, there is a nice floortile wich looks it can teleport the character downstairs in another room, but how can I managed this to work like that way. Anyone have an idea?

Der Moorsteinpass

Last edited by Zhe; 18/07/14 10:30 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Too linear for my tastes, sorry. I prefer open fields and choosing my own path.

old hand
old hand
Very nice job with the environment. Impressive how much good looking content you've created there already. I'm impressed. The only thing I found a bit off at times was the water color, but you may have it that way for a reason.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Z
Zhe Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
@Bucket: Yeah, I like a open world too, but this was the first concept to test a little bit with the editor an the map called ...pass, this doesnt sound like a open map,hehe.

@windemere: Thanks windemere, the reason for the green color is that they look very swampi smile and I change nothing from this seatile-asset given by larian smile

Last edited by Zhe; 19/07/14 05:48 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Okay, well, it definitely looks all right. smile

Maybe add some more plants in empty looking areas? But it's looking rather good. smile

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
It's a good start i guess, looks nice.

Link Copied to Clipboard