Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sounds like "Larian - WE NEED A BALANCE PATCH" ! ! ! smile

100% Agree

Last edited by john carmack; 21/07/14 08:28 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by isau
4 - Lockpicking needs an overhaul. Not only should the early locks be lower level (just like low level items don't require Loremaster 5 to ID), but lockpicks shouldn't break after one use! It's ridiculous because even using a weapon to bash the door down, should you elect to do that for some reason, is less costly, because you can just repair the thing at no cost. Other games fix this issue by having doors in town result in arrest if you attack them and items in chests having a chance to be destroyed by bashing a chest versus lockpicking it. In this game, not only does picking locks require you to burn a bunch of skill points, its actually more expensive than just exploding the chest.
In another thread I have suggestions for new Talents, one of them is...

Jailbreaker
Prerequisite: Lockpicking 1
You do not require a lockpick to pick a lock. Provides a +1 bonus to Lockpicking while using a lockpick.

I still believe wholeheartedly that the Lockpick levels required for the earlier areas (Cyseal in particular) need to be toned down, but a talent like this would still give you an incentive to carry and use lockpicks, without making you feel utterly dependent on them.
Originally Posted by eidolon
#4. Lockpicking has 5 or bust syndrome
The ability is completely useless. There are close to no doors/containers that you can't just bash in or open with a key without any trouble.
You should still get it to level 5 (3+ items) for the second map because that way you get to lockpick the one important door in Silverglen:
There is a cellar door in the small chapel of this town. If you get down there you can find 2 Bloodstones that can be turned to Starstones by using them. Together with the 5 from the first map you have enough to unlock the two best rooms in the Homestead:
The Seller of Secrets who not only tells you the location of secrets for a price, but also allows you to buy attribute and ability points once every level.
The demon allows you to respec (and get rid of the points you have put into lockpicking) and trade unused talents for 10 ability points or 2 attribute points.
You do not need to access the chapel cellar in order to get to Sacred Stone. You can also use either Tactical Retreat or 8 Strength to get across the river (8 Strength is for throwing a teleporter pyramid across).

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 21/07/14 10:31 AM.
old hand
old hand
There's a reason I'm waiting one year to play this..

T
stranger
stranger
T
Just a few people think the game is just too easy? Even without abusing stealth or min-maxing everything, my biggest complain about this game is that it does not give a decent combat challenge on the hard mode. With 2 lone wolves and a bad combat build on hard, I still never come close to dying.

I'm not bragging, I honestly find it odd that people are not complaining about this, is there something I'm not seeing? To clarify, I know some people like it on easy, but they could put the option to choose a harder difficulty.

I'm thinking about making a challenge for myself, play the entire game as just one hunter with lone wolf. The bad thing about this is that a few parts of the game requires 2 characters.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Lone Wolf is exceptionally strong on Hard because of the way difficulty scaling is handled by the game. -25% Vitality (Hard) +80% Vitality (Lone Wolf) means a net +55% Vitality, which is more than double the Vitality of -25%.

H
stranger
stranger
H
1) Stupid kiting AI. When you stealth the AI starts running and it's really annoying.

2) Can't hit enemies 2 levels above you. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss.

3) Stupid linear game. Slow. Retarded

4) AI gets stuck and takes an hour to take a turn.

Stealth is so damn broken in this game!!!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
Lone Wolf is exceptionally strong on Hard because of the way difficulty scaling is handled by the game. -25% Vitality (Hard) +80% Vitality (Lone Wolf) means a net +55% Vitality, which is more than double the Vitality of -25%.

Your math is horrible. It's only a 35% increase. You don't subtract 25 from 80 to come up with the number. You subtract the 25% from your base, then add the 80% back (or add the 80% to your base, then subtract 25%, not sure which). Either way, it would look like this, using 100 as the base vitality for an example:

100 - 25% = 75
75 + 80% = 135

alternatively

100 + 80% = 180
180 - 25% = 135

Either way, net result is the same, only 35% increase. Obviously, higher numbers will make the two formulas differ slightly (since you're reducing from the 80% as well, if it's the latter formula); but it's not a 55% increase in any event.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Trancid
Just a few people think the game is just too easy? Even without abusing stealth or min-maxing everything, my biggest complain about this game is that it does not give a decent combat challenge on the hard mode. With 2 lone wolves and a bad combat build on hard, I still never come close to dying.

I'm not bragging, I honestly find it odd that people are not complaining about this, is there something I'm not seeing? .

Yes, you are not seeing several threads and posts about a need for a true harder mod.
Basically, the devs didnt have time to make a proper one so this simple form we got is it.

Also, it isnt true that the game is all too easy. Some bigger fights are properly demanding.
Also, there is no "bad combat build". If you dont focus a build you get more diverse options which can all be used.

Play without Lone Wolf.
Thats how my harder mod will work, but there should be some others too.

Simply complaining about something is counter productive and annoying.

Originally Posted by Halpmepls

2) Can't hit enemies 2 levels above you. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss.

3) Stupid linear game. Slow. Retarded

4) AI gets stuck and takes an hour to take a turn.

- You can hit enemies 2 levels above you. You just need to use proper skills for it.
I dont particularly like how this is setup but its doable.

- psychological projection in that second sentence, eh? sure looks like it.

- doesnt take hours. there is a key to press to force the turn to end. It only happens when the pathways are too crowded and Ai cannot find a way through.

As for the OP complaint about Tenebrium. I have to take back that i agree with it. Ive just come to that part of the game and its actually fitting.

It is internally coherent and consistent with the games narrative and story logic.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Hehe, Hiver vs Halpmepls. My money is on Hiver.

<gets popcorn, sits back to watch>

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Fellgnome
I agree with your complaints, however my #1 by far is still the skill bars being limited to 10 slots on screen at a time. It ruins combat for me more than any of the major balance problems.

This is a pain, you're right - from quite early in the game it is a chore for every fight for most characters to have to scroll through the list. I hope they fix the UI for this soon.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Lockpicking seriously sucks and isn't worth the skill points at all. 99 percent of the treasures you find you either are able to find a key, burn the chest down, bash it in, OR you better have 5 in lockpicking so you can reap your awesome +1 int plate armor with a str requirement of 12, together with a pearl.

Stock Trader #1: This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!
Bane: Really? Then why are you people here?
-The Dark Knight Rises
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jito463
Your math is horrible.
I don't like it either, but it's the same math the game uses. The game does not use yours.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vandraman
Hehe, Hiver vs Halpmepls. My money is on Hiver.

<gets popcorn, sits back to watch>

Sorry, thats going to be a very short movie. In fact its already finished.

No refunds on the popcorn though.

addict
addict
I don't like it either, but it's the same math the game uses. The game does not use yours.

Well, if that's the case, then my apologies. I was (naturally) assuming that the math would be logical, as I had not tested it myself.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard