Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
addict
addict
Divinity Original Sin - Crafting GUIDE - Explained/Tenebrium/Tools/Armor/Weapons - Guide/Tutorial/Tips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycdta6ndv64

Last edited by GamezGlitchz; 14/07/14 01:44 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Anyone know how to craft pouches? Not backpacks, pouches.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
The list of crafting recipes is getting extremely dense.
Could anyone provide their opinion on the Top 5 most useful crafting recipes?

For example: CR5 - Boots + Nine Inch Nails = No Slipping on Ice.
This one is insanely useful for the entire game.

Last edited by Incendax; 18/07/14 02:08 PM.
Great video, learned a lot.

Thanks.

Imarion

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Someone make an android app, sell it for 1.99, get rich

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Danarchy
Someone make an android app, sell it for 1.99, get rich

*Laughs* SOmeone should make an app, though I doubt they'd get away with selling it unless they didn't use any in-game assets.

Am I the only one that found the spreadsheet klunky and started revising it on my own end? I spent probably 4 or 5 hours reworking the various names so they could be sorted as potions, etc, then I started tracking what effects the jewelry has when crafted. I also uncovered an oddity about the Rabbit's Foot stuff that I found strange and documented that on my end.

Do we have a protocol for updating that somewhere or what?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I couldn't use the spreadsheet at all, the text was miniscule and I could not get it imported into excel (I hate the new version, probably PEBKAC error). I just keep the first page on this post open and search with control-f to see if I want to keep an ingredient or junk it.

I wish the crafted items didn't all have such high requirements, seems like you cant really do crap till 3 or 4 CL which is a ways into the game.

Any of the rest of you have one guy doing crafting and a different one on blacksmithing? My Jahan is a mage generalist and I couldn't afford to raise both on him

N
stranger
stranger
N
I hate the newest Office's design, I agree. smile

I'm using the Excel sheet I found floating around somewhere, not the Google Docs one. Even that needed some cleanup, though.

I use one of my mains as a crafter, both BS and Crafting. I've put 2 points each into BS and Crafting I rolled them with Scientist, not realizing Jahan also has that. I found that only a single point into both allowed me to do well enough for quite some time, mostly repairing and making potions or quills to increase income. I begrudged the skill points a bit, but found them necessary. That's a Rogue, so it was easier than on Jahan, I suppose.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Oh, something I forgot and decided warranted a new post instead of an edit. WHen I was making all the jewelry to document the effects, for my own notes, I found something odd with the Rabbit's Paw stuff. There are Lucky Rabbit's Paws and regular ones. If you make an amulet with the Lucky version, you aren't able to end up making the Lucky Rabbit Paw Belt. If you make an amulet, however, with a regular Rabbit's Paw, then use a bowstring on that, you get a Lucky Rabbit Paw Amulet on which dropping a rope will craft the Lucky Rabbit Paw Belt.

Kind of an odd behavior that I kept forgetting to see if others had noticed.

A
A
+1 STR, +1 Dex Weapons | Any Weapon + Tormented Soul

On a level 16 weapon with crafting 5 and level 16 it is +2 STR and +2 DEX

A
A
Originally Posted by Incendax
The list of crafting recipes is getting extremely dense.
Could anyone provide their opinion on the Top 5 most useful crafting recipes?

For example: CR5 - Boots + Nine Inch Nails = No Slipping on Ice.
This one is insanely useful for the entire game.

Besides the always avaible show + Nine Inch Nails here my other top 5 crafing things, all are boosts, so I guess you see a pattern here and they stack with each other. ;-)

1. Tormented Soul + Weapon (Str + Dex Bonus, with level 16 weapons you get +2 each)
2. Void Essence + Apparel (+1 Sneaking, so no point it getting much 1 points in it)
3. Wetstone Wheels + Metal Weapon (simple but effective)
4.Tenebrium Bar + Weapon (Tenebrium Weapon, comes with its own disadvantages because Tenebrium Weapons use the Tenebrium Skill instead of your normal weapon skill. Sometimes it might be more useful to use some essence to boost the weapon with some other elemental damage, you can not boost multiple magical damage sources at the same time, and btw this does not work with weapons which are already on default tenebrium, they can not be enhanced with elemental damage)
5. Ruby + Armor ( Resist all )

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by LeBurns
How do you make a mobile kitchen. I thought I read about someone making one of those using a cooking pot or something.

You can make a mobile kitchen (that is, mobile) combinig a cooking pot with a campfire. But the cooking pot must be on the ground, not in your inventory. Don't ask me why. Just works.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Intestines + arrowhead = poison arrowhead

Originally Posted by gmstanfield
Intestines + arrowhead = poison arrowhead

This is already in the updated list. Look at the sticky thread at the top of this subforum.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by ajotatxe
How do you make a mobile kitchen. I thought I read about someone making one of those using a cooking pot or something.

You can make a mobile kitchen (that is, mobile) combinig a cooking pot with a campfire. But the cooking pot must be on the ground, not in your inventory. Don't ask me why. Just works.

oddly, once I got out of cyseal proper, even the beach area to the north, dragging a cooking pot from my inventory onto a fire creates a kitchen... in my inventory. it's fully useable, but cannot be dropped. It can be destroyed however.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Actionhanz
Sinew's drop from creatues like wolves, i dont know if any animal drops it, but wolves usually, you can try and check the butcher on the cysael market, sometimes he has animal ingredients

Yesterday I got 2 sinew off of wild boars north of Cyseal. I've seen a very few from wolves in the past, but apparently they also drop from the hostile pigs.

It made me wonder if the drop rate had been tweaked slightly. I'd gone several levels prior to this without a single sinew sighting, then suddenly 2 in one fight (from 2 pigs).

Last edited by shinkicker; 09/08/14 03:21 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Ichthyic
Originally Posted by ajotatxe

oddly, once I got out of cyseal proper, even the beach area to the north, dragging a cooking pot from my inventory onto a fire creates a kitchen... in my inventory. it's fully useable, but cannot be dropped. It can be destroyed however.

I can confirm this is how I created a mobile kitchen in my inventory. I used the fire by Dietmer. (Sp?)

C
stranger
stranger
C
Leather Scraps | Animal Hide + Knife

K
stranger
stranger
K
Anyone else noted the stats of crafted items seem to scale with character level and/or crafting/blacksmithing levels? Found this thread and started using some of the recipes to clean up my inventory. When I tried the one for the starfish amulet it came out with +79 hp and +20% water resistance. Character I used was Jahan, lvl. 17 with 5 in crafting.

Welcome to the forum, Cubanito and Keydet96!

Please note that this thread is old, very old. It has not been updated in a long while. Angry Dave did a tremendous job putting this list together. He also created newer and more updated lists than this one. At some point he decided to quit and I took over. You can find the most updated list on top of this sub section. It has been sticky'ed to make it even easier to access. You really should use that list since most of your observations have already been addressed in it.

Originally Posted by Keydet96
Anyone else noted the stats of crafted items seem to scale with character level and/or crafting/blacksmithing levels? Found this thread and started using some of the recipes to clean up my inventory. When I tried the one for the starfish amulet it came out with +79 hp and +20% water resistance. Character I used was Jahan, lvl. 17 with 5 in crafting.

A lot of items you create will scale with your hero level, while boosts will scale with the item level.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard