Next Thread
Print Thread
#525066 22/07/14 12:13 AM
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
This thread is to collect all the bugs I've encountered in the game so far. I give the version number in which I encountered the bug. Just because a bug has an outdated version associated with it doesn't mean it's been fixed; it just means I haven't confirmed it in newer versions. So without further ado (SPOILERS AHEAD):

Game-breaking bugs
  • (1.0.53.0) When you waypoint to the End of Time with the "primary" character dead and there are one or more unlocked portals that Zixzax needs to talk to you about, the imp will instead just stand there and do nothing. Reviving the primary character, exiting/re-entering the End of Time, and stunning/teleporting Zixzax all do not fix the issue. This bug completely blocks progress since you can no longer unlock any portals. The only fix seems to be to reload a save from before you first entered the End of Time with the dead character.

Quests
  • (1.0.81.0) Arhu's Failed Experiment - I saved all of the guys in the Sparkmaster cave. The journal instructs me to talk to them back in Cyseal, but they are not in the prison where they should be.
  • (1.0.81.0) The Captives in the Crystals - When you free the ice elemental prisoner (I forget his name - the thief who tells you about the Winter Ring) and decide to fight him, the Snowmen that join you will heal the prisoner with all of their attacks. While it isn't difficult to simply outdamage the healing, this seems like an oversight.
  • (1.0.81.0) Frederick's Bloodstone - Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but Frederick can die before you get a chance to heal him if you wait too long. If this happens, however, the quest never gets closed in your journal.

Combat
  • (1.0.81.0) Enemies will cast healing spells on their zombie allies even though it damages them.
  • (1.0.81.0) Enemies will sometimes cast Purifying Fire or Helping Hand on allies when there is no benefit (e.g. casting Helping Hand on someone who isn't burning or knocked down).
  • (1.0.81.0) Ranged enemies sometimes will repeatedly miss their attacks due to their projectiles hitting intervening terrain or objects. Unless something else forces them to move, they will continue to attack from the same position and not make any attempt to reposition themselves so they can actually hit their target.
  • (1.0.81.0) I've only had this happen once and have no idea how to reproduce it, but during one particular combat session Madora used an attack of opportunity on another party member. Additionally when using AoE attacks that don't normally do friendly fire (e.g. Whirlwind), Madora would do damage to the same party member. Neither Madora nor the other party member was charmed. Additionally, after I had killed all the enemies, combat did not end. I used escape combat on Jahan, and walked him back to the other three, but when he got close the party entered combat again. I was eventually able to fix it by using escape combat on ALL party members, and have not encountered this problem since.

Character Progression
  • (1.0.81.0) A character with the Obedient trait affected by Leadership rank 6 does not receive the +1 to bodybuilding that they should (they do receive +2 to willpower, however).

Graphics/Sound
  • (1.0.81.0) Sometimes the 3d model for dropped loot will be way larger than it should be. This happens fairly rarely, and doesn't seem to follow any discernible pattern.
  • (1.0.81.0) Sometimes when walking near enemy corpses from an old battle, vfx and sfx that happened during the battle will replay on those corpses as soon as I get vision on them. For example, if during the battle the enemy casted Rage, the corpse will have the Rage visual and sound effects play on top of it.
  • (1.0.81.0) When using Teleport or Featherfall on any enemy, vfx and sfx will play on the enemy model when it hits the ground. I can't be 100% sure, but it looks like if the enemy had had a buff or debuff applied to it, the effect that's supposed to play on application of that buff/debuff plays when the enemy gets dropped.
  • (1.0.81.0) Music randomly cuts off during the Braccus Rex fight. Happened to me in single player and also to my friend (the host), but not me, in coop. Saving and reloading temporarily fixes the problem. Doesn't seem to happen in any other area.
  • (1.0.81.0) When you are on the second floor of Zandalor's house before you have disarmed all the traps, your two main characters will repeatedly make comments about the disappearing traps. As soon as one of their dialogue clips ends, they start up with another one. This gets really annoying after a while.

Crafting
  • (1.0.81.0) Not sure if this is a bug or by design but you can't improve tenebrium weapons with whetstones/whetstone wheels (swords and axes) or moonstone (crushing weapons). You also can't upgrade crushing weapons with tenebrium bars.

Inventory/UI
  • (1.0.81.0) Sometimes stackable items of the same type will not stack.
  • (1.0.81.0) Sometimes when clicking and dragging items from the inventory, the game seems to lag when registering where the cursor was when the mouse button was first pressed. As a result I end up dragging the wrong item.
  • (1.0.81.0) AP cost preview on the AP bar often shows the incorrect number of action points to be used when hovering over a skill on the skill bar (e.g. 8 orbs turn red when I hover over Earthquake, which has an AP cost of 9). The correct number of action points is previewed when the skill is actually selected (e.g. when I left-click Earthquake to prepare to cast it but before I actually cast it, 9 orbs turn red on the AP bar).

Other
  • (1.0.81.0) You can give NPCs rot if you sell/give them Tenebrium items. While this could just be explained as a logical extension of the game lore, there is no way (that I know of) to cure the NPCs of rot. Maybe for NPCs that are susceptible to rot, they should refuse any trade where they would receive Tenebrium items with some dialogue saying "I can't take that; I don't want to get rot" or something.
  • (1.0.81.0) If you buy the locations of buried treasure from the lady who sells them in Luculla Forest, then save and reload the game, all the buried treasure map markers disappear from your map. I have found no way to fix this other than to take a screenshot of the map before I ever reload the game and use that.
  • (1.0.81.0) Just northeast of where you initially enter the Phantom Forest, there are a bunch of ghost enemies, including some ghost cattle. When you defeat them, a chest pops up from the ground. If you save the game after the chest appears and then reload, the chest will disappear. This happens whether or not you've opened the chest already.

aznricepuff #526048 23/07/14 07:09 PM
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Crafting
  • (1.0.81.0) If you enchant a weapon with Tenebrium damage, and then replace that enchantment with elemental damage, the elemental damage will now be equal to the previous tenebrium damage, which is larger than if you just enchant the weapon with elemental damage without replacing an existing tenebrium bonus.
  • (1.0.81.0) You cannot upgrade tenebrium weapons with tormented souls or (for bows/crossbows) sextants.

Other
  • (1.0.81.0) When you talk to the Forest Spirit after killing Balberith, she will always open the conversation as if Balberith is still alive, and then immediately afterwards acknowledge Balberith's death.

aznricepuff #526528 24/07/14 12:02 PM
veteran
veteran
Nice catches!
Keep up the good work!

aznricepuff #526906 24/07/14 09:43 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Tom the Wannabe Adventurer seems to be broken. I have searched using two different set of chars and I can't find him in the cave with Arhu's Bot. I have searched many times. I also searched before combat started.

aznricepuff #527067 25/07/14 04:11 AM
Support
Support

For Tom, you are not necessarily looking for someone standing up...

x:580, y:76

aznricepuff #527149 25/07/14 07:59 AM
I
stranger
stranger
I
First of all thx for the awesome game..MINOR SPOILER AHEAD..i'm @ the fight with evelyn.. i died the first time then diceded to hit her with a poison cloud arrow before entering combat. What happened is that the monsters that fight with her didn't appear, even though the sound effect of them appearing was played (that's why i thought it's a bug)..

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard