Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eobet Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
Sometimes when I drag an item out of the inventory, the wrong item gets dropped on the ground.

Does this happen to anyone else?

It happens frequently enough to be an annoyance, and I don't think I have a dodgy mouse button...

addict
addict
Not normally, but I did just encounter this while trying to solve the immaculate trials puzzle with the four pressure plates. I'd drag one book out, and a different book would drop instead. Eventually, I was able to get just the books I wanted, though.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If I click and drag too often, I routinely pick up another item on my drag path.

Sometimes I have to right-click several times to get the drop-down list.

I think there's some kind of cap on the click-registry that is much more restricted than my normal mouse settings.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by PeteNewell
If I click and drag too often, I routinely pick up another item on my drag path.

This. If I have my inventory open on the left side of the screen, and open up my backpack on the right side of the screen, I run into this scenario sometimes when moving items back and forth. I can grab an item from the left side of my inventory...and when moving it across the rest of my inventory to the backpack on the right, it will sometimes pick up another item instead (usually the last item in my path before getting out of the inventory).

old hand
old hand
This happens because the mouse pointer accidentally slips over the item you want and catches another.

Especially when you try do do it quickly and dont pay much attention to it.
At least thats what i experienced so far.

veteran
veteran
Yes, I also experience this a lot.

Also, as you may have noticed, "using" 'empty' slots on a subtab will trigger the object that's there on the main tab.
Many a fooditem/spell/scroll was accidentily used up due to this.

addict
addict
I have this problem too, it seems to be a bug.

Happens to me a lot too. Very annoying.

addict
addict
In the interim, it's probably best to just right-click and drop an item, then throw it wherever you need it. That will at least resolve the issue for now, until Larian can eventually patch it up.

addict
addict
It's been a long standing fact of how the inventory works, really. Pretty sure not an intended feature, though :p

Yes, when dragging items from your inventory to the game world, there seems to be a delay between when the first click to pick the item happens and when it registers the first click, which could happen to be when your cursor is over a completely different item by that time.

I'd assume it's something that Larian are looking into, but I don't know what actually causes this kind of input lag.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.

Link Copied to Clipboard