Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Somebody mentioned adding a button that allows a player to follow another player's conversation live.

My brother and I wanted to play the game together, but we really can't take the coop dialog as it is currently implemented. So we're both waiting for a fix before starting the game.

We've tried following the conversation with the journal, but find that it completely destroys the immersion.

I just wanted to know if there has been a status update or a timeline on improving this aspect of the game.

The game looks great in all other respects, we'd just rather wait and experience it together.

Thanks.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I would also like to ask about the conversation fix for coop... It is really annoying at present state.

old hand
old hand
Have you tried using the Dialog Box in the bottom right? That is now better than the journal, you don't need to open anything. I just have that setting checked so nothing else comes into that box. That was the addition in the first official patch.

For true coop conversation when both of you are in the conversation, when it is your choice and your partner answered something, you need to scroll up on the window to see what they did and then read what currently is happening.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
We tried the dialog box before the update, but it only showed what the NPC said, not what the player said in response. Has this been changed?

Maybe we're just crazy. We do know about the banter filter, but haven't tried it yet because of the aforementioned problem (now fixed?).

old hand
old hand
Yes it has. There is one issue I describe in the link below, but it's still much better than before.

I have two responses in this thread of current issues after the update.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=45119&Number=524532#Post524532

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=45119&Number=525849#Post525849

Last edited by Horrorscope; 24/07/14 02:33 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I am another who is holding off playing until a solution is implemented.

The issue with co-op dialogue is that the co-op player doesn't get to see what options the other player has. This means that if they want to be involved in the dialogue, they have to wait while the other player reads the options/decides what to say.

Improvement such that both players can participate/see all options in dialogue is required. I also agree with sentiments that the alternatives are generally immersion breaking.

stranger
stranger
I hope they will improve too guys, i have the same "problem" in coop game with a friend of mine.

Link Copied to Clipboard