Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
W
I usually pick up a crate for food items, barrels, and urns to store different item types.

I'm currently happy with them not actually fixing the teller of secrets thing, I know they see it as an exploit so I'll only buy them once. I don't actually mind if they just keep it in, because I'd rather not buy them more than once and make the game easier. Freedom is freedom.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Stop trying to learn him how to RPG.

It's obvious he's of generation "I want everything, and do nothing in return to do so"
Ie. the generation that murdered RPG's.

That, or he's simply trolling...

It's a generation of I got a damn job and other obligations instead of bulls****ing around rebuilding my characters every half hour and repeating every encounter five f****** times. I could do a piss poor job at a lot of skills and all of them would be useless around late-game. I'm around level 15 and it's getting to the point where level three of anything is worthless. Could I put up with it an figure it out piece by piece, spread the skills, create diversities, exploit weaknesses etc. Sure, have I got the patience when proficiency is limited to three skills per characters or sucking at more? Absolutely f****** not.

I've got dozens of games I bought and never got around to playing, stacks of books, movies to catch up on, sports to watch and all around a life. I'm on vacation now but you've lost your damn minds if you think I'll waste a lot of time repeating combat encounters pointlessly, replacing my gear on and off every few minutes because the sneak boosters are worthless armor and on and on and on.

Your job also seems to limit your cognitive functions.

Because you are trying to tell us, that you need charisma, bartering, every single weapon style, every spell, every skill on a single character.

But I will be constructive and give you a shortcut: Sneaking 5.

Reserve 2 AP at the end of your turn, move for 1 AP into a safe spot, then press C.

You happy now? You can now watch more sport shows! Yaaay!

(oh btw YOU didnt have to figure anything out, you are already here in the forum on your very limited time, the tips and tricks section has everything dining-ready for you!)

veteran
veteran
The "I want it all, don't make me choose generation"... why we got Morrowind dumbed down into Skyrim... and BioWare making "RPG's" which fall strictly in the action category with the least stats and choices as possible. Sad days.

I agree with others; If you think you get too few (you're not) cheat... instead of dumbing down the game into super-duper-easy mode for all just because YOU are too lazy to learn. Don't ruin a good game to super-simplification... it's not that hard as is.

Backbacks pretty much drop from the start, they're random loot. I got about 10 gathering dust in my Homestead, since I don't use them at all.

Sure, giving Godmode by saying "Yes, I want to be a squirrel" to a random NPC, which unsuspecting people might do not knowing it's a glitch, then complain later the game is too easy may be a choice... but it's the question if that's a choice you want to give your players. There's a difference between giving choices, and just giving them blatent cheatcodes to roflstomp the game. And then later the roflstompers come complaining the game was easy, boring and no fun, just because there was no challenge...
It's happened more times than you can imagine, and thus, yes, this needs immediate fixing.

Hassat out.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
why we got Morrowind dumbed down into Skyrim...
Morrowind was a dumbed down Daggerfall! wink

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard