I think Mario has it backwards.

This.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
With Invisibility: No Guerrilla.
With Sneak: Yes Guerrilla.

But you can go invisible THEN SNEAK to get the benefits of both.

Havokk Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Incendax
But you can go invisible THEN SNEAK to get the benefits of both.

Really? When I enter Sneak it seems to cancel the Invisibility. At least, I think that's the case - I'll check tonight.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
no it doesn't cancel the invisibility, fyi.

side note... i happened to be looking at a build discussion thread, and 5 pages in, someone mentions...

"why hasn't anybody suggest guerrilla ranger?"

I thought that a great idea... and playtesting proves it. once you get your sneaking to 5 (so it only takes 1ap to sneak), you can usually get two ranged sneak attacks per turn, for an investment of relatively few points, since there is sneak on a lot of items, plus void essence. really only need to invest about 3 skill points, take the guerilla trait, and voila, stealth archer.

very very nice.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Does Backstab stack with Guerilla?

K
stranger
stranger
K
guerilla can be good for any type of character with 5 points into sneak THAT is using basic attacks so that means warrior 2handers get the most damage dmg per ap in the final cost, rangers on crossbows second and then bow ranger/ scoundrels not in that particular order

( and you can safely not invest more than 1 point into sneak... by taking the cautious trait, getting a piece or 2 with sneak and the rest can be enchanted with void essences)

breaking invisibility in an attack won't apply guerilla's double damage , but you can always sneak in invisibility in the enemy's cone of view which makes the combo usefull sometimes when you can't get a hidden place and want to hit hard with that 2handed weapon or backstab

Last edited by khratos; 30/07/14 11:04 AM.

argue with an idiot and he will drag you to his level then beat you with experience
enthusiast
enthusiast
I thought that a great idea... and playtesting proves it. once you get your sneaking to 5 (so it only takes 1ap to sneak), you can usually get two ranged sneak attacks per turn, for an investment of relatively few points, since there is sneak on a lot of items, plus void essence. really only need to invest about 3 skill points, take the guerilla trait, and voila, stealth archer.

Assuming that Guerilla damage is additive which it is not and not multiplicative and your archer is attacking with a Bow, Guerrilla only adds a minimal damage boost per AP:
base dmg 100 +15 leadership +100 Tenebrium skill +50 Oath of Destruction/Bully = 265 dmg for 3 AP or 88/AP
base dmg 100 +15 leadership +100 Tenebrium skill +50 Oath of Destruction/Bully +100 Guerrilla =365 dmg for 4 AP or 91/AP

Last edited by eidolon; 30/07/14 08:34 PM.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
uh, no. it's multiplicative. x2

why assume when you can just look it up?

Last edited by Ichthyic; 30/07/14 08:11 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sorry, but that is just very different from how all the other abilities/spells that affect your damage or hp are handled.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
it's right there, when you roll over the talent, even if you don't have it (it's still in the talent list, just in red).

"Guerrilla doubles your attack damage while sneaking."

gees.

do you actually PLAY this game?

Last edited by Ichthyic; 30/07/14 11:07 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard