Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#526890 24/07/14 09:24 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

Welcome to FourPlay, this mod promises on completion to provide an adequate four player experience with each of you having your own source hunters.

Implemented:
- 4 Character Creation currently using Roguelikes 2-by-2 Solution.
- Basic World integration.

To Do List:
- Redesigned GUI to allow 4 characters to be designed at the same time.
- Full fledge dialogue and trigger options for Player 3 and 4.
- Balancing and Skill adjustments.

Note:
This currently only works for games created with this mod activated.

Beta Notice:
The Beta is will go through stages of fully integrating these characters into the world of Divinity: Original Sin with their very own conversation options.

Nexus:
Due to the nature of these forums, this Opening Post may be out of date. Please go to Nexus for the latest published information:
Nexus Link

.pak install location:
~\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data

Permissions:
All requests especially during Beta require my approval. The latest information regarding this is on the Nexus page along with my reasoning.

Updates:
I will keep an on-going record of my struggles and progress in here as I have demonstrated in the 'Simply 4 Player' thread.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and assistance during this beta.

Regards,
Tiaexz

Tiaexz #526894 24/07/14 09:27 PM
M
M
Nice!

Tiaexz #526896 24/07/14 09:29 PM
O
stranger
stranger
O
man of the month

Tiaexz #526897 24/07/14 09:31 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Tiaexz
[snip]

Since the nexus link is still processing, any word on potential bugs? roguelike2d mentions his has quirks with friendly fire, reputation, and a couple of other things. Is this the same?

Last edited by Bazerand; 25/07/14 06:44 AM.
Tiaexz #526903 24/07/14 09:39 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
I used Roguelikes 2-by-2 method for character customisation in this beta build, in the future, I am hoping the change the GUI to allow alternative options as discussed in the previous thread.

Known issues so far:
- Lone Wolf is overpowered
- Player 3/4 can trigger events/scripts like player 1 and 2 can. So Mages coming out of the tutorial area, the guards at the bridge. They can respond to challenges, and act as if it was player 1 or 2 alone, but the stat change is only applied to them.
- Jahan and Madora can still be hired, whether or not to turn this off may be left to player preferences.
- At the first challenge outside the tutorial dungeon, the mages might engage instead of running off if player 1 or 2 are not nearby.

There are some differences between mine and Roguelikes versions, since his is effectively just allowing the customisation whilst in my copy, I have registered player3 and 4 in the scripts, gave them the starting resources, separate Alignment (he uses Jahan's and Madora's alignment).

I will be working on the dialogue options and anything 'game breaking' for the next release.

I will be double-checking to see if everything is working, and correct these, then I am taking a break for the rest of today.

Place the .pak at the following:
~Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\

Tiaexz #526916 24/07/14 10:06 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
To just makes things simple

Bug Reporting format:

Issue: [short description]
Area: [combat/quest/dialogue]
Explanation: [Can you replicate this issue, what are you doing to cause this issue, how should this work normally in the vanilla]

Suggestions format:

Suggestion: [short description]
Area: [Skills, Companions, Dialogue, etc]
Full Description: [Feel free to expand into your full idea.]

I will read every single one of these, and I will comment back depending on demand. Some of the suggestions maybe outside the scope of the mod and I will say as such, please do not be offended in these cases, it isn't me saying they are bad, it is not part of what I am willing to do as I want the mod not to get overly complicated.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 24/07/14 10:08 PM.
Tiaexz #526927 24/07/14 10:46 PM
G
stranger
stranger
G
I know this is brand new and I bow to Roguelikes and your work, but is there anyway to drop the 4th character?

I only ask because my friends and I don't typically run with a 4th person and when someone is around to fill a 4th in a 4 player coop its random and far between. If not I am guessing the only option is to leave them at the entrance every time so they stay out of combat and what not.

Or would it be possible to get them killed and leave them for dead?

Tiaexz #526932 24/07/14 10:58 PM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
You could leave number four in the towns marketplace. Use it to sell/buy stuff whilst you and your friends adventure. Spend its points in barter/charm.

Tiaexz #527000 25/07/14 02:17 AM
I
stranger
stranger
I
Issue: Unable to Save
Area: Single Player - Four characters
Explanation: I tried out your mod, and aside from a slight overlap on the creation screen, everything was working as described. When i went to stop as i arrived in Cyseal proper, I found I couldn't save. Quick and menu save were not working. The quick save button did nothing and i was able to open the save menu, but the actual save button did nothing. Thats when i realized the game hadn't auto saved either. This might be a problem.

Great mod otherwise, I'll start another game and see if it happens again tomorrow.

Tiaexz #527010 25/07/14 02:28 AM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
I will investigate/confirm that now, that sounds very serious.

Update:

I have investigated this issue on my source files and the uploaded .pak version and I haven't been able to reproduce the error. I was able to save in both occassions. I went to the town centre, hit autosaves like at Arhu first meeting which worked as intended and was able to save with us all in the market place.

There are two possibilities as to why you couldn't save which comes to mind:
- You were not the Host/Player 1. This is a game restriction (a silly one, but it is there)
- When you entered the same menu, you didn't press the 'new save' for the text box to pop up to allow you to do the save, or you didn't try to overwrite another one of your saves. (We all make silly mistakes)

Last edited by Tiaexz; 25/07/14 03:00 AM.
Tiaexz #527013 25/07/14 02:41 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
No save problems here, though I've just hit the beach. I did have the following pop up immediately following character creation, during the cutscene. Couldn't dismiss it by clicking, had to hit esc to skip the cutscene and then click okay. I assume its related to me being a big fat cheater and giving all of my characters lone wolf.

[Linked Image]

Bazerand #527015 25/07/14 02:46 AM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Bazerand
I assume its related to me being a big fat cheater and giving all of my characters lone wolf.

Yes, this is a known issue.

I will let you guys decide whether or not I should remove the talent, change the talent or leave it 'as is'.

Tiaexz #527017 25/07/14 02:49 AM
R
addict
addict
R

I will let you guys decide whether or not I should remove the talent, change the talent or leave it 'as is'.

Talents can be changed/removed? I thought those were hard-coded into the game.

Tiaexz #527018 25/07/14 02:50 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
- At the first challenge outside the tutorial dungeon, the mages might engage instead of running off if player 1 or 2 are not nearby.

what do you think causes this? do you think it has implications later in the game that can affect the ability to progress?

adecoy95 #527025 25/07/14 03:05 AM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Rhidian

I am sure I saw another thread where they said they nerfed Lone Wolf as they found it overpowered. They said about the hidden talents such as reason/charm/jack-the-knife too. I could have misread or be mistaken, I haven't tried to do it.

Originally Posted by adecoy95

what do you think causes this? do you think it has implications later in the game that can affect the ability to progress?

I think it is because the specific trigger is looking for player 1 and 2. At many other places such as Arhu, player 3 and 4 can get along fine. The specific bug mentioned is something I picked up pre-beta and haven't done anything to try to change it as of yet.

This first beta is to try to find these instances and fix them. My priority is to try to resolve anything game-breaking then start to expand the options level by level, starting with Cyrael.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 25/07/14 03:08 AM.
Tiaexz #527030 25/07/14 03:15 AM
R
addict
addict
R

I am sure I saw another thread where they said they nerfed Lone Wolf as they found it overpowered. They said about the hidden talents such as reason/charm/jack-the-knife too. I could have misread or be mistaken, I haven't tried to do it.

Wasn't that the SaveGame Editor thread with the context of changing the Save file so that certain Talents (including hidden ones) are/aren't present on the character?

Rhidian #527036 25/07/14 03:23 AM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline

Wasn't that the SaveGame Editor thread with the context of changing the Save file so that certain Talents (including hidden ones) are/aren't present on the character?

You could change the skill requirements.
~\Public\Main\Stats\Requirements.xlsm

Make it something like 99 Strength or something equally as impossible. This would 'disable' the skill since no one can meet the requirement.

Not directly removing the skill, but it has the same effect.

Tiaexz #527038 25/07/14 03:25 AM
R
addict
addict
R
I've tried changing the requirements before (specifically, the required level for Leech), and nothing happened for me. Has anyone else gotten a change to successfully stick?

Rhidian #527042 25/07/14 03:28 AM
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tried changing the requirements before (specifically, the required level for Leech), and nothing happened for me. Has anyone else gotten a change to successfully stick?

You have to open up all.xlsm to generate the data. Once you done this, it should stick (Have the generated data included in your mod too).

I am heading to sleep, so I will put in on my agenda tomorrow to disable lone-wolf in this manner at least as a test.

Tiaexz #527046 25/07/14 03:35 AM
R
addict
addict
R
I don't bother with the .xlsm files; I create and edit my mod's Stat txt files directly. I just tried it again and both Leech and Elemental Ranger ignored the "Level 5" requirement I set for them.

The only place that I think a Stat txt file might have an effect would be in the Data/Public/Main/Stats/Generated/Data/ folder, but that would likely run into a Corrupt Main error.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard