Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
A
Originally Posted by dirigible

I don't really agree that it's unrealistic to implement. I actually think it would be easy, with a couple minor tweaks.

Keep in mind, even for that you would have to remove something else from the game. They literally run out of money at the end. The last few bucks were spent on 2 ads and that was it. All money available gone.

Patching it into an addon, sure, why not. Though now sure if I like your changes, quitting dialog sounds annoying and 300 degree vision makes sneaking at low level kind of annoyingly hard, especially when several people are around.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Yeah quitting dialogue I was iffy on. Might be a bad idea, and I don't really consider it an integral change.

"300 degree vision makes sneaking at low level kind of annoyingly hard, especially when several people are around."
That's the point. Sneaking in a room full of people SHOULD be hard unless you're real damn good at sneaking. Keep in mind, though, that another one of my changes reduced their sight distance with higher Sneak, meaning that at higher levels you don't have to worry about anyone except the people who are nearby.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
considering stealing is basically mandatory for different areas of the game i do not think it should be hard to pull off. by the time you walk out of cyseal you are about to turn level 4 and wont have enough money for any skill books unless you steal things to sell. then different areas in the game require you to steal things while investigating to advance quests and so on.

it seems the designers thought stealing everything that was not bolted down should be standard practice.

stranger
stranger
I don't think stealing is easy enough, actually. There should be a "steal all" button that just runs a check of my sneak vs. NPC perception.

It's easy to make something difficult.
It's difficult to make something easy.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dirigible
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
I think you'd find 300 you can still steal way to easy. By going 360 it makes where things just happen to be just right to steal. More realistic.

Lol. I actually messed around with modding the way stealth works, and found 300 to be pretty good. At Stealth 5, it gets narrowed back down to around 60-90 anyway, due to the existing mechanics. I wasn't clever enough to get Stealth rank to affect their sight distance, but I'm sure it's possible.

Right I'm using 550 lol!

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Lividity
I don't think stealing is easy enough, actually. There should be a "steal all" button that just runs a check of my sneak vs. NPC perception.

Sounds good. Compared to how it is now, the only difference is it would save time. laugh

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by VienxInq
I don't think you want it to be like in Skyrim where all you have to do is put a bucket on someones head for them to not see you steal, lolz.

But you can drag any of the screens (or seperating walls) around, that can be found in nearly any room, and hide behind them. That's basically the same. I too think that stealing could be a bit more challeging in this game. But on the contrary, I always found that gaining money (for the generally very expensive stuff to buy) is way too hard in that kind of oldschool rpg's. And this compensates that at least. smile

Last edited by toniostarcevic; 31/12/14 03:25 AM.
Support
Support

NPCs do react to you moving their things, though.

veteran
veteran
The last update said that Larian is working on a mod for the economy, although I think it primarily is to reduce the value of common items, make cool items rarer but more valuable, and so on.

I was surprised to hear that some people even steal items worth 3 gold. I mean, who has the time to do that?

I didn't bother stealing anything in my playthrough, I couldn't be bothered. Sure, money was a little tight at times in Cyseal, but after a while, there amount of loot you get means even a non-stealer will get a ton of gold. So I think that Larian's approach is a sensible one.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Raze

NPCs do react to you moving their things, though.

Huh? Never happened to me. Only when interacting with clickable things. (when the cursor changes to the gear thing) But i've never had any reaction when moving objects.

Last edited by toniostarcevic; 31/12/14 03:27 AM.
Support
Support

What version of the game are you playing? The current release version is 1.0.219.
If you are seen moving screens, or any other personal property (red hand cursor) around, you should get a reputation drop. Depending on your reputation, the NPC will call the guards after 3 warning to leave things alone, and it can trigger combat.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Raze

What version of the game are you playing? The current release version is 1.0.219.
If you are seen moving screens, or any other personal property (red hand cursor) around, you should get a reputation drop. Depending on your reputation, the NPC will call the guards after 3 warning to leave things alone, and it can trigger combat.

Nevermind. It seems to depend on the location or person. Meanwhile i've had the situation with the red cursor.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard