Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
You have no idea how many fucking times reloaded a savegame while missing my crucial backstab attack hahaha.

old hand
old hand
Here are three suggestions, the last I think it the only one not mentioned so far:

1. Use the Icons at the top when possible.
2. The Tactical View.
3. Game>Options>Combat Highlights>Circle.
What this does is instead of having to click on the enemy pixel perfect, you have an imaginary cylinder around all enemies that encompass the circle added to their feet, which makes the hit box much larger and it doesn't sway.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 21/07/14 11:46 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Ahhhh is that what's been happening! I thought I was going mad.

Yes please, Larian, do something to stop this.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Totally agree.

Wouldnt piss me off as much if the game used "safety clicks" in combat though.

Stock Trader #1: This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!
Bane: Really? Then why are you people here?
-The Dark Knight Rises
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Space to pause the game. Thats all we ask.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
As someone already said, use "B". I made a habit of it every time I need to backstab.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
The bouncing snowmen drove me nuts with this issue

M
stranger
stranger
M
I use Tactical View when I'm trying to perform Teleportation drops with accuracy but I've found that unlocking camera rotation in the Game Options has helped the most... I can then fully rotate the camera for a bit more accuracy when clicking, it helps most with backstabs. I really don't like how much this game demands clicking accuracy, after a certain threshold it gets really annoying.

old hand
old hand
So true OP. This issue needs to be addressed. The worst offenders are those blasted elemental fragments.

Throwing in a pause feature would deal with this issue. That way, everyone would be frozen when pausing and you'll be able to safely select an enemy to attack without having to worry about their idle animations.

old hand
old hand
What's everyone's thought after turning Circle on for Combat Targets?

X
Xaw Offline
stranger
stranger
X
My suggestion to fix this would be: Make moving require double click. First one sets path, second click (+some quick button like 'm') would finish movement to set path. This is how it works in some other games too. It also allows people to set path and see how many action points movement takes, then move mouse over different skills/spells and see what to do after movement.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
What's everyone's thought after turning Circle on for Combat Targets?

I'm not so sure that affects the hitbox at all. Are you? I'm not convinced after a quick test, but I'm not in a spot with lots of fidgety mobs right now.

Edit: This definitely doesn't seem to help. For example, snow wardens still hop right over my clicks. I don't think that setting has any effect on the hitbox.

Last edited by crafty35a; 24/07/14 02:33 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Here are three suggestions, the last I think it the only one not mentioned so far:

1. Use the Icons at the top when possible.
2. The Tactical View.
What this does is instead of having to click on the enemy pixel perfect, you have an imaginary cylinder around all enemies that encompass the circle added to their feet, which makes the hit box much larger and it doesn't sway.

1. The icons at the top don't correspond with the actual enemies in any way. So I'd need to go through all of them to find the one enemy among 5 identical to attack. And doesn't work with attacks, as far as I remember.
2. A workaround like 1. Instead of fixing the actual problem they added this. Not good. I don't want to constantly switch the camera around.
3. Doesn't do that for me. The hit box seems pretty much unchanged. I just did the Valeanna fight and was chasing around the earth elementals with my mouse like always before.

I am also unable to target enemies in bushes with normal attacks, click on chests if I have some geometry too close to the camera and so on, so in my opinion there's definitely something screwed with the hit boxes in general.

Last edited by Singbird; 25/07/14 05:45 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
I picked up that bottomless mug of beer.

When you drink in combat it takes 2AP and only restores about 10hp, but you get drunk. Then the mouse pointer shakes so it's even harder to target during combat hahaha.

Although yes, as the above have said. The circles around enemies are very useful

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Singbird

3. Doesn't do that for me. The hit box seems pretty much unchanged. I just did the Valeanna fight and was chasing around the earth elementals with my mouse like always before.

My apologies, when I tested initially I would have bet the farm I wasn't putting my pointer directly on the enemy and now had a full invisible cylinder around them, I specifically tested that. But your questioning, I went back and no such thing, I am having to click on the enemies pixels. Strange.

Brightest side I can throw out there, that is real player click accuracy that is now part of the games hit accuracy. smile

Last edited by Horrorscope; 26/07/14 06:50 PM.
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Demonic
So true OP. This issue needs to be addressed. The worst offenders are those blasted elemental fragments.

Oh my god, I just ran into them. They are awful! This issue is still driving me crazy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard