Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I think I'm approximately half way through the game (level 15) but I'm finding the combat a bit easy now, even on 'hard' level.
Does anyone know if there is a way of unlocking a higher difficulty setting?
Thanks.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I have found this as well, except for early on very few battles have been challenging on hard. For now I decided to restart with two lone wolf characters, and disallow myself ranged magic, to give myself a challenge. We will see for how long I hold out.

Join #TheDivinityEngine at irc.gamesurge.net, help build a live modding community! Related forum topic here.
enthusiast
enthusiast
This has been requested a lot. But alas there is nothing harder at the moment.

The only option is really to make it harder for yourself by imposing artificial restrictions - like not using Leech.

Or using a mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291512355&searchtext=

But I am sure the devs will make something harder soon...

addict
addict
I know, the game is a cake walk on hard, especially once your party has 100+ percent elemental resistance to every element, which basically makes you invincible.

Anyway, no, hard is the highest difficulty setting.

Last edited by dlux; 26/07/14 02:11 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
One of the strategies of how to make a challenging game: Pick up the fights with enemies which are many levels above you. For example, we have just fought an epic battle with our level 11 characters against level 14 spiders...

journeyman
journeyman
I don't think we need a higher difficulty setting as much as we need AI improvements and balance improvements. Resistances, Leech, and Sneak stand-out as pretty borked at the moment.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Fellgnome
I don't think we need a higher difficulty setting as much as we need AI improvements and balance improvements. Resistances, Leech, and Sneak stand-out as pretty bored at the moment.

Honestly i think we need both, but i concur, AI fix (i use the term fix as i consider that the level of ineptitude displayed constantly by the AI deem it as broken) should come first.

I have nothing against the concept of "sandboxing" your own challenges a bit... but you should come to that after multiple playthrough on a game you dearly love. DOS is leaning more toward the point where i am wondering if a well educated yet totally drunk monkey could complete it.

As of right now i restarted my game 2 times in desperate attempts to battle the overwhelming boredom that comes with futile difficulty, non existing challenge and flat out feeling of pointlessness.
I am currently playing a Grand team of 3 (no lone wolves) including a naked ranger wearing the pumpkin helmet, some kind of tanky warrior which i limited to 50% base elem resistances and god be damned Jahan (i am a mage player i can't help it) which i have not respeced in any way. Ain't enough to make it a game.
I have yet to discover the level of hindrance you have to push onto yourself to make things interesting but i already know it ll be beyond ridiculous.

I am at a loss trying to figure out why gaming sites give this game such positive reviews while acknowledging the weakness of his narrative which happens to be his lone saving grace.

Last edited by lyan; 26/07/14 03:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
I kinda wonder how many people who complain about the easy endgame exploited the ability and stat-books in the End of Time...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
I kinda wonder how many people who complain about the easy endgame exploited the ability and stat-books in the End of Time...

I blundered into it cluelessly and unprepared and nearly had my arse handed to me. Poor Midori* scraped through with about 5% of her health left.

* yes, I know. :p

J'aime le fromage.

Link Copied to Clipboard