Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Windspin
What is "max" for intelligence? 10? 12?

I was thinking about just doing enough str to equip a decent shield and decent armor, but otherwise full caster.

And I was going to make my lonewolf main the ranger next go around, and make my tank full-tank/hp rather than heavy dps

Thanks for the link too, I read it.

Max is 15 base(same for all attributes), but items or codex boosts(+1 int, -1 perception) can put you over that.

Originally Posted by Incendax
If you start with 8 Str and 8 Int (Know-It-All) you will have enough strength to wear a good shield and solid plate for most of the game. From there you can pump Int all the way to 15 and play as a true mage with quite a lot of durability under your belt.

Know-it-All is a pretty lame talent + you lose a lot of effectiveness with your magic or effectiveness with man-at-arms skills by splitting from the start. Everything you do is less effective by significant margin - longer CDs, lower chance to apply debuffs, generally less effective abilities across the board.

It's certainly work-able, but I had an easier time starting pure and branching out later than trying to go hybrid from the start.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Um, either you start 8 Str 7 Int or you start 7 Str 8 Int. And by level 2 it's 8/8 regardless. So yeah, you're splitting from the start. Why on earth wouldn't you?

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 26/07/14 05:55 PM.
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Side note,

Increasing intelligence makes your spells have shorter cooldowns, deal more damage, and have higher chance of applying status effects.

All of that combined makes me feel like dumping all your points into Int is the better option, basically no matter the situation. Considering all the spells that add survivability, it's hard to justify spending 3 or 4 points so that you can equip a shield, when you could spend 3 or 4 points and reduce the cooldown on ALL of your spells by 1-2 turns, AND increase their damage, AND improve their chance for status effects.

Putting an elemental shield on a character makes them immortal anyway.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard