Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
GGhost Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I cannot tell you how infuriating it is when I try and backstab some enemy and his idle animation makes him turn his head causing me to click the floor and move instead of attacking... this isn't a rare occurrence either. I find myself zooming in on every attack just to give myself a bigger target to click (and for some reason zoom distance is not saved after attacking so I have to do this after EVERY attack). With how tiny some of these enemies are there is really no excuse for not having an option to set attacking to, for instance, right click.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
1. Be careful
2. Use b button to change angle and select target from above.

It can be annoying. On the other hand, sometimes it allows for shooting around targets, if you click at the right time smile

P
stranger
stranger
P
I agree, this is extremely annoying that you can misclick because the idle animation. Biggest issue where I had this was fighting
King boreas, he summoned the elemental fragments which will go from sitting still to spinning in the air above where they were originally. So you can click just as the animation starts and run instead of hitting them, so you have to wait until they do the spin, then zoom in and click quickly or they will spin and you will miss

old hand
old hand
How would moving the attack action to right click solve their idle animation problem?

The solution would be to implement a pause action to freeze everyone's idle animations during combat.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demonic
How would moving the attack action to right click solve their idle animation problem?

The solution would be to implement a pause action to freeze everyone's idle animations during combat.

Turn-based with pause? TBwP? think

biggrin

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Demonic

It would prevent you from accidentally moving your character instead of attacking if you misclick. It's a much more elegant (and simpler) fix than implementing a pause-all-animations command.

apprentice
apprentice
I agree. It's very annoying. You can fail all your fight strategy because an enemy has suddenly moved his whole body just for a graphic effect. What about an option to remove the idle animations during fight ?

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Zorgi
I agree. It's very annoying. You can fail all your fight strategy because an enemy has suddenly moved his whole body just for a graphic effect. What about an option to remove the idle animations during fight ?

I would not go so far as to remove ALL idle animations during fight - the game would then appear very "frozen" in my opinion. However, what I think could be done is that if you hover with the mouse over an enemy in order to shot/attack it, then only just this one particular mob "freezes" and does not perform any animations so that you cannot misclick.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Switching attacking to right-clicking would simply be yet another workaround (like the overhead camera). I'd prefer they actually implemented a proper FIX for the issue, instead of just more workarounds. Elwyn's suggestion sound nice for example. Simple and easy.

R
RtM Offline
R
I would suggest allowing attacking through clicking on the enemies portrait. You can see the correct enemy light up when you hover over their portrait correct?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Elwyn

However, what I think could be done is that if you hover with the mouse over an enemy in order to shot/attack it, then only just this one particular mob "freezes" and does not perform any animations so that you cannot misclick.

I think this is an awesome and simple idea. Thumbs up!

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
Originally Posted by Elwyn

However, what I think could be done is that if you hover with the mouse over an enemy in order to shot/attack it, then only just this one particular mob "freezes" and does not perform any animations so that you cannot misclick.

I think this is an awesome and simple idea. Thumbs up!

yes, good idea Elwyn !

veteran
veteran
I am going to jump on the bandwagon and say Elwyn's idea sounds perfect!

R
RtM Offline
R
Prefer my idea, TBH. But then I'm not a veteran on here so don't get the acknowledgement that comes with it.

veteran
veteran
Already works for spells, no reason why not to make melee do so too (technical feasibility aside).
And no, it has nothing to do with post-amount I agree with Elwyn more... it's just (IMO) the better idea.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by RtM
Prefer my idea, TBH. But then I'm not a veteran on here so don't get the acknowledgement that comes with it.

It's not either/or. Your idea and Elwyn's idea are for different purposes. I mean, I actually consider it a simple bug that you cannot target portraits with normal attacks, but can with special ones. That's just silly.

Anyway, there is no obvious connection between a portrait up there and an enemy down here. Which portrait corresponds to the enemy that is about 6 meters northwest from Madora? No way to know, no way to know man. Just cycle through all the portraits to find out.

And conversely, if I just want to attack the enemy with the low health, I'd need to cycle through all the enemies on the battlefield to find out who it is. Or I could just hover on the portrait to find out.

So, they have different uses in my opinion. It should be simple and possible to attack enemies using both methods.

R
RtM Offline
R
Originally Posted by Singbird
Originally Posted by RtM

It's not either/or. Your idea and Elwyn's idea are for different purposes. I mean, I actually consider it a simple bug that you cannot target portraits with normal attacks, but can with special ones. That's just silly.

Anyway, there is no obvious connection between a portrait up there and an enemy down here. Which portrait corresponds to the enemy that is about 6 meters northwest from Madora? No way to know, no way to know man. Just cycle through all the portraits to find out.

And conversely, if I just want to attack the enemy with the low health, I'd need to cycle through all the enemies on the battlefield to find out who it is. Or I could just hover on the portrait to find out.

So, they have different uses in my opinion. It should be simple and possible to attack enemies using both methods.

Let's just assume this does go through. You're in a battle where it's become congested and you've rotated the camera fully to one way or another and you have an enemy just infront of another enemy (the one you want to attack). You keep trying to click on the enemy behind but the cursor keeps touching the enemy in front which pauses his animation. Making it nearly impossible to click on the enemy you want. Now it may not be a big deal but happening a few times this could get quite annoying.

Also it may get quite weird when you drag the cursor across the battlefield and seeing everyone stutter in their animations. Would definitely take away from the immersive nature. Eh, I wouldn't mind either way. It's just attacking the portrait can avoid all of this.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
I know changing the idle animations for all the enemies would be a bitch, but I agree that there needs to be some kind of solution for this.

Top down view is nice, but doesn't always solve the problem and honestly I don't like using it because of how zoomed in it is.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Right click would totally solve it because if you miss - nothing happens, as opposed to movement when missing with left click.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard