Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A lot of KS backers will remember that during the KS campaign nobody got the 10k tier for the Mysterious Stranger and Larian turned down a PayPal backer willing to buy into it because it was supposed to be this highly important character that would show up at key moments in the game and so on and so forth....so far I've seen this dude once on the Cyseal Beach at the start of the game and he asked me why I was doing all I did, I don't remember the answer right now but probably something to do with justice or cake, but that's not important. What took me by surprise was that his highly important ass just replied with "Ok" and disappeared....what, that's it? Where the hell did he go? I'm over half way through the game and been through multiple key moments in the game and I've yet to see this dude again? What the hell happened to him? Does he show up during the end game as some sort of judge of "well you said your intention was this but the results were these so you rock/suck/lied/whatever"?

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 24/07/14 01:28 AM.
old hand
old hand
No, he is just a random unimportant pathetic dumbass who likes to play pretend he is better then "those other people" and who answers with retarded "k`" when he has nothing else to say or looses an argument he started, while pretending and fantasizing that somehow makes him cool.

Laughably pathetic, if you ask me.

He probably did pay to get that role, but i wouldnt expect that blob to have any significance in the game.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for the reply, I was really wondering about this. I'm guessing Larian initially intended his role to be different.

old hand
old hand
I guess so.

Obviously its someone i know and have a few bones to pick with. All in due time.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I have found the Mysterious Douchebag once again....this time he's stuck in a tiny cage in the basement of the only house you'll find in the Phantom Forest where you have to go for a boss battle. Looks like he
dealt with the same demon as Jahan's ass and got turned into a demon or he always was a demon in human form or something along those lines
but he won't talk, there's no conversation and there's no way as far as I can tell to free him. Is this it? He was originally supposed to show up at key moments in the game but now I'm wondering if I maybe missed his presence in other places where he maybe only played spectator. After all the grand plans Larian had for him it would be disappointing if he ended up as demon bait after only getting a couple lines of dialogue and and his last words end up being "Ok".

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 27/07/14 08:43 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I noticed that guy in the cellar as well, but I think it is just another mysterious stranger - not the same that we have met earlier in the game.

Anyway, I killed that guy for XP.

Last edited by Jacob Marner; 27/07/14 08:46 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I also encountered him at Luculla, and I think maybe one other time?

I think his PhF dialogue is unfinished / broken, I'd expect some closure for him...

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Cattletech
I also encountered him at Luculla, and I think maybe one other time?

I think his PhF dialogue is unfinished / broken, I'd expect some closure for him...

Yeah....they're missing a lot in the game now....companions coming next month, the temple of death was supposed to be a 10 level mega dungeon and we don't even know if we'll ever see it, the day/night cycles are gone for good, now there's this. At least the game appears to he a huge success, dominating sales charts, so I very much expect Larian to deliver on everything they promised except maybe the day/night cycles.

stranger
stranger
Pledge $10,000 or more

0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)

Mysterious Stranger ============================= Early on in the game, the party can meet a mysterious stranger, whose fate seems intertwined with that of our heroes. His (or her) full story is yet unwritten. His (or her) name, well, a mystery. Work together with our design team to not only choose a name, but also to fill in his (or her) role. Is he on your side? What's the twist? Can (s)he be trusted? Fill in the details, design choices and consequences, and everyone playing Original Sin will be biting their nails when this story unfolds.

Thats from kickstart. Obviously noone bought it so Larian had to design her own story. basically he is a retard trying to be cool, so eventually fate finds him caged in Phantom forest.If you talk to him he doesnt say anything. However if you have high charisma you can make him talk and continue the strangest story of all with him

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I also found him loitering when I was dealing with the Interdimensional Trader. Later, I tried dragging him out of his cage in the Phantom Forest basement using featherfall (or whatever it's called) but not much changed, he just stood there saying "..." if I spoke to him. I may attempt to do so again with a charisma boost, since it's been mentioned...

J'aime le fromage.
T
T
Originally Posted by Vometia
I may attempt to do so again with a charisma boost, since it's been mentioned...

maybe it'll work, charisma is such mysterious skill that's only goof for chance encounter(s?)

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by superepic
Pledge $10,000 or more

0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)

Mysterious Stranger ============================= Early on in the game, the party can meet a mysterious stranger, whose fate seems intertwined with that of our heroes. His (or her) full story is yet unwritten. His (or her) name, well, a mystery. Work together with our design team to not only choose a name, but also to fill in his (or her) role. Is he on your side? What's the twist? Can (s)he be trusted? Fill in the details, design choices and consequences, and everyone playing Original Sin will be biting their nails when this story unfolds.

Thats from kickstart. Obviously noone bought it so Larian had to design her own story. basically he is a retard trying to be cool, so eventually fate finds him caged in Phantom forest.If you talk to him he doesnt say anything. However if you have high charisma you can make him talk and continue the strangest story of all with him

I had 5 charisma and he still didn't say anything...do you need 6 or 7? What does he say?

I ended up killing him for XP since there's no way I'm putting 2 more points in charisma to get 7 (5 base +2 gear).

Support
Support

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

As mentioned, someone did actually pledge for that tier on Paypal after the end of the Kickstarter. However, by then Larian didn't think there was enough time to properly flesh out the character, so refunded the pledge.

Link Copied to Clipboard